Remote control under XBMC for Windows?
What's needed to try to use the new remote control functionality? I have an X10 Lola remote that has a USB receiver. I can give it a try. I also have a very very old remote that has a serial receiver, but I gotta rummage through my bsaement to find it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Search for the IR Server Suite and install it. You can test with the included DebugClient if the Server works with your remote.
XBMC connects on startup to the IR Server and gets all events.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Preferably IR Server Suite 1.4.2 RC1, 1.4.0.1 kinda works but doesn't send a devicename to map to a section in IRSSmap.xml ,it will use the mce section for everything (only section in there currently).
So if your remote works with server suite it needs mapping in IRSSmap.xml
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thank you.
there are 3 other threads in this section on IR Remotes... and in one has been talk in another thread in this section about integrating EventGhost. Check them out.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Charly, i got my X10 remote (uses CM19A USB receiver) working with IR Server Suite. in the debug client, i can watch all my button presses. can you walk me through how to setup the button mapping in irssmap.xml? i'll add the mapping to the svn. (where do i find out what the device name is?)

Here's a quick snippet from the debug client:
Code:
Connect
Received Message: "RegisterClient,Response,Success"
Received Message: "ActiveRecievers,Repsonse"
Windows Messages: X10
Received Message: "ActiveBlasters,Response"

Received Message: "RemoteEvent,Notify"
X10 (X10CMD_1)
Received Message: RemoteEvent,Notify"
X10 (X10CMD_2)

if anyone is interested, this is the remote:
http://www.x10.com/pressroom/images/lola...nd_300.jpg
The devicename is X10 so it'll be:
Quote:<remote device="X10">
<pause>X10CMD_1</pause>
Problem with this mapping is that the devicename is the receiver (obviously a pc can't guess which remote we're holding Wink) I have a MCE receiver, the MCE mapping works for my MCE remote but I can point any rc6 remote at the receiver and the devicename will still be Microsoft MCE but the codes will be different, not sure what's the best way to handle that.

The devicename & keycodes should also be logged to xbmc.log btw if debuglogging is enabled.

(Who moved this thread from the dev to the user forum....)
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hmm... The computer only recognizes the reciever. That makes sense. But this gets complicated since multiples remotes can work with the same receiver. I'll go through the process and use it to write a tutorial for the wiki.

Maybe we can accept user submitted remote maps for various remote/reciever combos and keep them in the svn. The users will have to figure out which one fits what they have.

(I think gamester moved it.)
moved it back to the developer forum Laugh
This isn't too bad. Just need to record all the button presses and map them to the known button names. Now, I have about 10 additional buttons. Is there anyway they can be used similar to how the obc custom buttons work? Or maybe we just allow customized button names of <irmap_SOMETHING> in both keymap.xml and both lircmap and irssmap.xml to take advantage of extra buttons? for instance i can have irmap_playlist and irmap_playing which are two of my extra buttons?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote control under XBMC for Windows?0