XBMC Notifier for Windows - Release
sbrandsborg, any progress to report on this?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Thumbs Up 
This plugin looks very promising, but unfortunately i can't download it (current links are not working) there is any progress on this development? Can i use it to get notifications from MSN Messenger, uTorrent, POP email accounts, etc?

best regards,
Does anybody have the current version of this program saved anywhere? The download links are dead :-|
Is this project dead? :S
Can someone post a working link?
Man, surely somebody somewhere has a working copy of this program... please?
midgetspy Wrote:Man, surely somebody somewhere has a working copy of this program... please?
I was thinking the same thing.
HTPC= AMD Athlon X2 BE-2350 l Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G l G Skill 2GB l HVR-1800 l PVR-150 l Ultra MicroFly Case l 180GB SATA l 250GB IDE
Old HTPC Build / Current 780G HTPC Build / My Website
This is what I found on my drive, PM me if it doesn't work(sbrandsborg, or if you want me to remove it)
XBMCNotifier.exe
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Thanks watzen!!

The Tester module works but I can't seem to get the File Listener to find a .not file. Not having the documentation I'm not sure how it's supposed to work though. I just created a text file with one line and named it test.not, after enabling the File Listener module and browsing to the relevant folder. Have I missed something?
Hello all,

Thanks for all the support, all the links are dead because my server if offline at the moment.

But in January i will get it online again and release XBMC Notifier v2, there will be alot of new features and it will include custom modules (plugins).

Im sorry for my late answer on this

Steffen Brandsborg
My XBMC system:
XBMC PC: 2.2 GHz Dual-core, GeForce 6400 GS, 2 GB Ram
Remote: Phillips Pronto RC9800i
TV: Phillips 42" LCD 1080p 42PFL7962D
Dreambox: Dreambox 500-S
XBMC Tools - Coming soon
XBMC .net API - Coming soon
Great!! Smile
I don't get why you'd want a whole app for this? I just use Apple Script to curl the URL on certain events.

Surely you could do a similar thing using batch files...
sbrandsborg Wrote:Hello all,

Thanks for all the support, all the links are dead because my server if offline at the moment.

But in January i will get it online again and release XBMC Notifier v2, there will be alot of new features and it will include custom modules (plugins).

Im sorry for my late answer on this

Steffen Brandsborg

Steffen, Are you still working on this, if so, any news?
Joy In Repitition
In januaryHuh?
I could really use an application like this for windows..!

I'm currently using v1 but its not got everything i would like and seems to stop popping up notifications after a few hours for some reason..

I use a program called Webmon to check for updates to a number of webpages & forums so i dont have to manually check all the time. I've been using it for years and its superb.
But to make it fire a notification in xbmc is a pain in the bum (without explorer opening on every event).

I've been searching for something else for ages or even doing it with batch files but no go so far.
The closest ive got is using a server.hta file, but i want the messages personalised per event, not just a standard message.

Has anyone got any other ideas how to resolve this on windows in a user friendly manner?
Seems like the author has gone AWOL on this project.. his new version was sounding so good too.. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Notifier for Windows - Release1