Kodi/NextPVR crashes trying to rewind live TV
Hello

Each and every time I try to rewind live TV, Kodi instantly closes down. Pause and resume works just fine, but if I try to rewind it crashes instantly. Running Kodi 18.4

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it please?

Thank you
Unless your post Kodi debug logs, everything is assumed to work fine.

Martin
(2019-10-12, 18:15)emveepee Wrote:
Code:
Unless your post Kodi debug logs, everything is assumed to work fine.

Martin

Apologies, been a while since I had to locate log file. I wasn't even planning to spend time on Kodi today, but here I am several hours later haha!

Here is my log file...

https://paste.kodi.tv/ekojusaxup.kodi
Ok that is timeshift mode which I don't support but I know it can crash.  I haven't seen the author of that code posting any support recently but given that v5 doesn't support this timeshift implementation don't expect any fixes.   You might want to give extended timeshift a try.

Martin
Strangely extended timeshift works!! Many thanks!
Great, but not strange, it is totally different code.   Unfortunately it disappears in v5 too until sub redesigns his timeshift engine.

Martin
Ah ok, I assumed it was just an extension of the standard timeshift with extra options. Shame that it's gone from v5 too. It's rare that I actually have to rewind live TV, but it's always nice to have the option to pause at least whilst I nip to the kitchen for a cuppa!
There should be a new method for timeshifting in v5 but it might not allow recording of the buffer.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi/NextPVR crashes trying to rewind live TV0