• 13(current)
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC
Feature request: please retain capitalization.

For example, the file name "Super Mario All Stars" imports as "Super mario all stars".

Could it maintain the uppercase first letters of the file name, instead of subsequent letters being converted to lowercase?
im lovin this. it rocks !!!
leo thanks for all the effort !!!

im running xbmc on 2 kubuntu 8.10 boxes both w/ SVN 18324
one is my desktop & one is a dedicate XBMC box in the living room

there is still 1 issue i can not sort out ...
the launcher works great with ROMs named "game" or "this-game"
but it will not load ROMs named "this game"
i hope escaping special chars isn't too tough ?

if i wasn't a total n00b, id dig into the python myself
unfortunately my skilz max out at find & replace Rolleyes
let me know if you want a bug in the google code
or if anything else would help getting this fixed

BTW ... i had to change all the paths in launcher_plugin.py to get it working
& i removed the extra " on line 168 mentioned in one of these 18 pages
here's a diff

PS. im not sure step 2 in the install is required or if differs by distro ?
for me libcurl.so libcurl.so.3 & libcurl.so.4 are all sim linked to libcurl.so.4.1.0
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
thank you all for the patches and workarounds.
I'll try to fix Launcher as soon as I can to work with the special tags.
meanwhile you can open bugs and feature requests in :
http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-launcher/issues/list

leo
some path issues were fixed.
it still using the old P:\ syntax.
will be updated to use "special://" paths after XBMC 9.04 will be released.

Download:
http://xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com/file...er1.03.zip

Tested and working stable under Windows with XBMC 8.10
Hey Leo thanks for throwing up a new version so quick

launcher hangs XBMC when opened in linux
log >> [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/share/xbmc/UserData'

i figured out how to get it working w/ this "patch"@issue9 on your goggle page...
but i have no idea how to help implement a fix, sorry
ROMs w/ spaces in the filename still dont work too

Launcher is awesome
sadly it only loads 12% of my roms right now Shocked

this active thread speaks to your efforts and how far it has come
thanks again for this primo awesome
plugin w/ search & thumbs and switches

CoolB+ .... for now
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
leo2 Wrote:some path issues were fixed.
it still using the old P:\ syntax.
will be updated to use "special://" paths after XBMC 9.04 will be released.
I need to ask if you don't mind, why are you waiting for 9.04 to be released? This plugin could really benefit from the special paths... Special paths have been added some long time ago, I think they work as it should, why not update the script to use them right now, it shouldn't be so hard to update a few paths, I think...

Just wondering, you must have your reasons... Haven't tested this yet but will do when I got the chance...
Nazgulled Wrote:I need to ask if you don't mind, why are you waiting for 9.04 to be released? This plugin could really benefit from the special paths... Special paths have been added some long time ago, I think they work as it should, why not update the script to use them right now, it shouldn't be so hard to update a few paths, I think...

Just wondering, you must have your reasons... Haven't tested this yet but will do when I got the chance...
I think you wrong.
special paths doesn't work with 8.10 version.
only "P:\\" "Q:\\", etc.
I'm not talking about 8.10. I'm talking about development versions, the builds you get from the SVN that people compile themselves or get from the this topic:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452

8.10 is very old and as someone in the development team told me some time ago, "8.10 is obsolete".
ok the new launcher version works fine. now all i want to know is what mame versions you use together with Launcher.
i want to have a version wich has the ability to launch games directly via launcher not just to open up m mame programm and then start a game from its menu.
so basically i need a version of mame that would be able to directly open the .zip romfile.
ive tried mameui32 and mameuifx and both give me error messages if i try to open the .zip files directly.
i hope you understood what i want Wink
Nazgulled Wrote:I'm not talking about 8.10. I'm talking about development versions, the builds you get from the SVN that people compile themselves or get from the this topic:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452

8.10 is very old and as someone in the development team told me some time ago, "8.10 is obsolete".

8.10 cannot be obsolete as long as it's the latest stable version of XBMC.
This is absolutely wrong to break plugin from working with the latest stable version.
anyway, translatePath should handle P:\\ even in the svn versions.

maybe XBMC guys should release stable versions more often.
Hey, I'm not the one who said it, it was in fact one of the XBMC developers.

It's not wrong when probably almost no one uses the "latest stable version", but you could easily adapt your plugin to handle both paths depending if speical:// is available in the version the user is using or not. I've seen this in other plugins and it takes about 2 lines of code or so... It's shouldn't be that hard and I see no reason to support them since most people probably use an updated SVN version.

But it's your plugin, I just made a suggestion, do whatever you want with it...
What about loading something like MameWah? I'm going to try to have it launch MameWah and then use MameWah frontend to organize MAME, NES, SNES, games and launchers. Quitting should leave you back at XBMC. If not, I'll use eventghost to automate that action on exit.
Does my plugin work with the P:\\ in the svn version? translatePath function should translate it to actual path without the need of special://profile.
If it doesn't, I'll update my plugin and release it as separated version.
Seriously, there's no need to do it as separated version, you can easily adapt it... I don't remember in which plugin I saw this and I'm not at my HTPC at the moment, so can't look if I have it there, but you just need to create some variable your self and check if special exists, if it does, use it, if not, don't. Then use your variable across the script instead of P:// or special://. There, the script will work for anyone, no matter which build they are using.

I can't test the plugin right now for the obvious reasons but I'm not sure the plugin will work because special:// points to the correct user folder, where the user is saving their settings and stuff, P:// does not (as far as I know). If someone, like me, prefers to have everything in the user folder (where it belongs) it probably won't work. But I don't know exactly how you are using paths in your script, so I may be wrong...

Maybe someone else can test this.
What emus have people got working, am having no luck
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC2