• 3(current)
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC
This may be outside the scope of this launcher, but is there any plan (or current functionality) for auto-launch of apps when XBMC boots? This would be great for the whole 'booting to XBMC as shell" effort

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34325&page=6
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
How do i add images to the programs?
I cant see the plugin settings but thats propably because i dont have the latest revision.
exxo Wrote:How do i add images to the programs?
I cant see the plugin settings but thats propably because i dont have the latest revision.

You can't. not yet.
There are no settings for this plugin.
zeuss-axis Wrote:This may be outside the scope of this launcher, but is there any plan (or current functionality) for auto-launch of apps when XBMC boots? This would be great for the whole 'booting to XBMC as shell" effort

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34325&page=6
this is out of the plugin's scope. it can't run by itself when XBMC starts.
leo2 Wrote:this is out of the plugin's scope. it can't run by itself when XBMC starts.
XBMC can run a script when it starts up. Look at autoexec.py in the wiki. I would think then, someone could probably be modify this script to launch a specific set of items when this happens.
leo2 Wrote:...
5. ability to add arguments to a launcher's command...
What is the syntax for this? There is no example given.
http://leo212.googlepages.com/Launcher0.21alpha.zip

now you can define a folder that holds thumbnails of the launchers and roms.
default is : Q:\userdata\plugin_data\programs\Launcher\thumbs

you can put a files named like the launcher's or rom's name or filename with an extension of "png", "jpg" or "gif" and it will be the thumbnail of this launcher/rom.

for example: if your launcher called "MAME" and it launches "d:\games\Mame\ZetaMAME32\ZetaMAME32en.exe" you can put an image named:
"MAME.jpg" or "ZetaMAME32en.jpg" in Q:\userdata\plugin_data\programs\Launcher\thumbs, and it will be the thumbnail of the launcher.

have fun!

leo
Stilll does not seem to be working on my Vista 32bit machine. It crashes xbmc every time I try to add a program. I will let you know how linux goes later today. Cheers and thanks for all the hard work.
kricker Wrote:What is the syntax for this? There is no example given.
Okay so I tested this out and it seems to work just fine. I'll do mnore extensive testing of it tonight.

I noticed when I tried setting a launcher when there in no \XBMC\userdata\plugin_data\programs\launcher\launchers.xml already existing, it fails.
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Stilll does not seem to be working on my Vista 32bit machine. It crashes xbmc every time I try to add a program. I will let you know how linux goes later today. Cheers and thanks for all the hard work.

I have it running perfect in Vista 64 bit
I finally got it working on Vista 32bit. I seems that you must manually add a launchers.xml to /documents and /settings/user/appdata/xbmc/userdata/plugin_data/programs/launcher/ I had already tried adding one to /xbmc/userdata/plugin_data/programs/launcher/

I tried it on my gentoo box briefly but when I went add a program it limited me to the xbmc folder and my media folder so I could not actually add the executable. I'm sure I can add it manually though, so I will try that later today and see what happens. Cheers.
I'm looking at using this to do the following.. hoping it will....
I've built an HTPC and have been using Media Portal which i've added options to to launch Powerd DVD (for HD / bluray) and DVBViewer (For cable TV).. in there, mediaportal dissapears (does not close) and the app launches.. then when i close the app, mediaportal appears again.. is this possible with this plug in yet?
By the way, i've played with xbmc on windows and with the install of IR Server Suite have my MCE remote working perfectly. it's playing everything i'm throwing at it including HD content.. well done guys!
OK, i've got this working.. kind of.. added 2 apps which appear to launch however XBMC stays in front and i cant see anything.

But when i switch back to PM3 skin, and try to click on launchers.. XBMC crashes.
Smile 
leo2 Wrote:Hi, I'm glad to know that this plugin is usefull for someone.
I'll be happy to help solve problems in it, sorry for the delay in my answer.
1. The command prompt cannot be hidden - it's an XBMC system call that is out of my control.
2. the command prompt disappears immediately if the application was started on as a different process, it's depends on the application itself.
3. in order to launch standalone programs like firefox, etc there is need to create an empty launcher, and put the program as a rom for the launcher.
like this:
Code:
<launcher>
        <name>PC</name>
        <application></application>
        <rompath></rompath>
        <romext></romext>
        <thumb></thumb>
        <roms>
            <rom>
                <name>Firefox</name>
                <filename>"c:\Program Files\Internet\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"</filename>
                <thumb></thumb>
            </rom>
        </roms>
    </launcher>

if the program is in "program files" or any other directory that has a space in the its name, a double quotes is needed.

4. the rompath is unused right now, so ignore it.
5. the thumb isn't working either. so ignore it.
6. this plugin can be easily support linux, about mac i'm not sure.
when I'll change it to support linux - I'll be happy if some linux guy will test it.
7. it's far away to be a beta, it's hardly an alpha version.
I'm planing to add an ability to configure everything from the XBMC and auto download images from the web.

I'll be happy to get more ideas.

leo

i got this off another thread
Quote:If you'd like to do away with the ugly black command prompt window you'll get from the batch file, you could try creating an AutoIt script. (Which you could even compile to an executable.)

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

Great scripting language, very powerful, and yet very easy to learn. =)

so apparently it is now under your control Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC2