• 6(current)
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC
phunqe Wrote:In general, would much work be required to add the external video player functionality?

in XBMC yes but one could try to start a movieplayer with the launcher and execwait. Though I would recommend to strip all the unneeded stuff. using parameters is in svn (thanks Charly) and you have to wait for the next build.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks Wiso. I look forward to what you come up with. I'd be happy to test anything before it goes to SVN, if you need it.
has this been comited I just tried with rev 14420 and it doesn't seem to be implemented should it be?

http://pastebin.com/m7ed1ac77

I hope one of the ways of implementing this can include xbmc playing music wile using other apps. I also happy to do any testing needed to get this programs plugin working seamlessly or for a native implementation for that mater
The method itself is committed but exec builtin still uses the old system command.
With exec XBMC will run further and you can hear music but still I have to find a way to switch back to it.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
when I tested It was using command prompt still
marlboroman1 Wrote:when I tested It was using command prompt still

That's what I said. The method is in Win32Utils.cpp already but Utils.cpp makes no use of it now. The last commit would be the one for Utils.cpp and this isn't done yet, right.
sorry, I get you now, cheers for all the work your putting in on this Big Grin
Hello there,
I've been busy lately and there was no progress with the plugin.
I read that there is an "system.execwait" functionality and I would change "Launcher" to use it as soon as it will be in the svn build of xbmc.
- does it work also under linux?

I have some difficult to add thumbnails auto download from net, and that because there is no way to show images from urls.
I'm trying to add "thumbnailImage="http://blabla/bla.jpg" to the ListItem and it ignore it. and show no thumb.
when I moved this plugin to run under pictures plugins, it worked.
I'll be happy if XBMC guys will make it work under "Programs" as well.

I think it should be very easy to use external movie player.
just add new "File Launcher", set it's application to be the external player,
set the file path to the movies folder, set the rom extension to "avi" and it will work.

I'll be happy to hear some ideas and feature requests about my plugin.
1. I dont know.
2. Image sources from http don't work. (Actually, they never have.)
3. Assuming the remote launching works, this would be possible via a plugin.
Not yet in svn but there's build in the wild. execwait isn't yet there for Linux but I saw some code which might do that but you have to ask the Linux developer.

No clue. Maybe other devs can answer if it's a bug or feature?

The new exec function needs internally the command line separated by application and parameters. Charly wrote some stuff but we didn't test it yet how and if this works with the plugin.
kraqh3d Wrote:2. Image sources from http don't work. (Actually, they never have.)
in the Apple Movie Trailers Plugin image sources work fine.
If you'll ask me - it's a bug.
yes, its always worked from a script because they get cached by the script before being converted into a texture. that's different than converting them into an image texture for display in a gui xml file, or in the slideshow. admittedly this should work if the image is first downloaded onto one of the cache drives and then converted into an image texture, but its never been coded to do that. its not something that's broken, hence its not a bug. feel free to provide a patch.
I don't think so. I still think it's a bug.
my plugin show url images correctly when it's in pictures plugins folder but doesn't show url images at all when it's in programs plugins folder.

never mind, i changed my code to download thumbs to a folder and then to show it.
download link:
http://leo212.googlepages.com/Launcher0.22beta.zip

The major change is the ability to search & download thumbnail images for any launcher or a rom.
The search engine used is YAHOO Images, but the plugin built that search engines can be added easily.
This is beta version, that means that no more features planned to be added to the plugin.
I'll be thankful to know if there are any bugs or some other requests.
I'll also be thankful if this plugin will be available in the XBMC official plugins.

Screenshots:

TODO to final version:
- move all strings to language.xml file
- fix bugs.
- remove unnecessary dialog boxes.
- use system.execnowait when it will be available in XBMC.

leo
In pictures the thumbs can be generated from the http:// urls of the items because the thumbloader loads the pictures from the url - it does not use the thumbnailimage for this.

In programs obviously this doesn't happen.

The texture manager can only load local images - they have to be cached first. What we'd need is a "thumbnail source" specified so the thumb loaders know where to get them from for caching.

Cheers
Jonathan

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC2