• 12(current)
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC
Cláudio,

I just recently installed XBMC for the first time, and I've been wondering about the same thing. Can you describe what you did in a bit more detail?
I don't want to start a new thread for this so I will ask it in here so I hope the OP doesn't mind.

When I finally build my HTPC, will this program allow me to launch CyberDVD or PowerDVD to play BluRay movies from within XBMC?

thanks
First I duplicated the Launcher folder within the plugins folder (C:\Program Files\XBMC\plugins\programs).

Then I changed the __plugin__ constant that you can find in the default.py file, just to be sure that it wouldn't cause any confusion to what plugin I was using in XBMC (maybe some developer or the plugin creator can clarify if this is realy necessary).

Finally, in the resources\lib\launcher_plugin.py file modified the line

BASE_CURRENT_SOURCE_PATH = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( "P:\\plugin_data", "programs", sys.modules[ "__main__" ].__plugin__, "Launcher.xml" ) )
to
BASE_CURRENT_SOURCE_PATH = xbmc.translatePath( os.path.join( "P:\\plugin_data", "programs", sys.modules[ "__main__" ].__plugin__, "AppsLauncher.xml" ) )

This should be right on the beginning of the file in line 27. This will change the file where all launcher definitions are stored.

This worked for me and seems to be stable, but as i am not the creator of the plugin, there may be more that needs to be changed to ensure that everything works perfectly.

Hope this helps!
Hi!

Thanks for the plugin, it works pretty good for me (Linux)! One problem though...
I can search for thumbs and save them for the launchers - they get shown, but it doesn't work for roms. I can search them and I can select a thumb, but it doesn't get saved to the thumbnail dir. The thumb filename for the roms show up in launchers.xml, but are not present in the thumbnail dir.
Any hints?

Thanks!
vaderd Wrote:Hi!

Thanks for the plugin, it works pretty good for me (Linux)! One problem though...
I can search for thumbs and save them for the launchers - they get shown, but it doesn't work for roms. I can search them and I can select a thumb, but it doesn't get saved to the thumbnail dir. The thumb filename for the roms show up in launchers.xml, but are not present in the thumbnail dir.
Any hints?

Thanks!

try to setup different thumbnail folder using "Plugin Settings"
Question 
Hey there,

at first, sorry for my bad english Sad

I use the Launcher plugin, at the moment i navigate like these:

APPS -> Program Plugins -> Launcher -> MYPROGRAM

I really want the MYPROGRAM on the mainsite of XBMC like:

MOVIES TVSERIES APPS GAMES MUSIC MYPROGRAM SETTINGS

Im using the skin AEON.

Thanks a lot !!!

B.R
Matthias
synci Wrote:Hey there,

at first, sorry for my bad english Sad

I use the Launcher plugin, at the moment i navigate like these:

APPS -> Program Plugins -> Launcher -> MYPROGRAM

I really want the MYPROGRAM on the mainsite of XBMC like:

MOVIES TVSERIES APPS GAMES MUSIC MYPROGRAM SETTINGS

Im using the skin AEON.

Thanks a lot !!!

B.R
Matthias

You'll have to manually change your Home.xml file
Is there any documentation on how to do this? Also, that file is located in C:\Program Files\XBMC and not in user data, which means it will be overwritten when a re-install or upgrade-install of XBMC is done. Am I right?
junk Wrote:Is there any documentation on how to do this? Also, that file is located in C:\Program Files\XBMC and not in user data, which means it will be overwritten when a re-install or upgrade-install of XBMC is done. Am I right?

You right. you should update Home.xml each time you install new version.
I'm using this plugin with XBMC in windows XP

It works great for windowed applications, but I've got an issue where I'm trying to start games (like World of Goo or Crayon Physics Delux) that run in full screen mode.

After I add them to the launcher and try to run the game, XBMC minimizes, but the application never starts. I've tried it with and without the 'Wait' function, but get the same result. Is there something that should be added in the arg to make this work more smoothly?

Thanks!
zachmorris Wrote:I'm using this plugin with XBMC in windows XP

It works great for windowed applications, but I've got an issue where I'm trying to start games (like World of Goo or Crayon Physics Delux) that run in full screen mode.

After I add them to the launcher and try to run the game, XBMC minimizes, but the application never starts. I've tried it with and without the 'Wait' function, but get the same result. Is there something that should be added in the arg to make this work more smoothly?

Thanks!
It has been discussed before. the plugin barely can be used with games that need hardware acceleration, because XBMC use and lock it.
Is there a way to add one of the launchers to the list of video sources in the library mode root?

I'd like to be able to launch the blu-ray player from the video library without having to take the extra steps.
zachmorris Wrote:I'm using this plugin with XBMC in windows XP

Thanks!

I have found the perfect work around to this problem, i use autohotkey (www.autohotkey.com)
its a scripting language.

For every game i want to launch i wrote a launcher script that kills kbmc, runs the game and waits for it to close,

when the game closes it re launches xbmc.
I compile the script into an exe and point the launcher to it
heres the script
Quote:dash = D:\Apps\XBMC\XBMC.exe -p ;this is the path to xbmc
gamepath = "D:\Games\Bcommando\bcr.exe" ;this is the path to your game
gamedir = "D:\Games\Bcommando\" ;this is the path to your games folder

IfWinActive, XBMC Media
{
WinClose
RunWait, %gamepath%,%gamedir%,HIDE,appPID
Run, %dash%
}
best part about autohotkey is you can launch apps from launcher plugin seamlessly, i hid my task bar and have a black desktop, with no shortcuts on it so you dont see windows.

if you've ever owned a modded xbox this achieves the same effect. xbox would kill xbmc before launching a game too.

For extra xbox like behaviour, i also set up the following code in the ahk script to watch for the press of the back button and both triggers.(im using an xbox 360 controller of cource) but with some minor changes this would work with any gamepad what this does is quit the active application. causing the the game to exit, and xbmc magically relaunches.
add the following line to the script above
Quote: ;For 360 Joystick must push LB , BACK & Start within a second of each other in that order
$Joy7::
KeyWait, Joy5, D T1
If Errorlevel
Return
KeyWait, Joy6, D T1
If Errorlevel
Return

if not GetKeyState("Joy5", "P") or not GetKeyState("Joy6", "P")
Return
else
GoSub,killit
return

killit:
WinGetTitle, myTitle, A ;Gets the Title of the active window

if(myTitle and myTitle != "Program Manager")
{
WinGet, active_pid, PID, A
Process, Close, %active_pid%
WinWaitClose, ahk_pid %active_pid% ;closes active window and waits till its closed

} else
Run, %dash%
return
hope that wasnt too complicated. you can copy and paste the script into a text document and call it whateveryouwant.ahk then right click it and choose compile to make an exe change the paths to match your setup of course. i quickly copied and pasted this code so there may be an error but...i hope not
Can those of you with Windows XBMC switching issues try this build?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jtzly2norm...-intel.exe
Is anybody else having issues with the newest svn getting the launcher to work? It won't even enter the launcher plugin, it just pops up a dialog for a split second and spits me back into the main plugin directory.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Launcher plugin for XBMC2