Context menu with mce remote
I have remapped all my keys as desired for my remote (mceusb) except I cannot get the contextmenu to work.

I have tried remapping it to several numbers but have had no results.

Based on
http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...iew=markup
and the Lircmap.xml in my home directory, I think the entry should work like this:

<contextmenu>Star</contextmenu>

I have tried other buttons besides star with no success as well.

Am I missing something obvious here?
And I and using the names of the keys based on my lircd.conf
I have set the library to update on startup so that takes care of my initial need for a contextmenu.

The rest, I will pull out my trusty mouse and keyboard
Try:
<title>Star</title>

This works for me, although I use the DVD menu button instead.
Now I'm confused... so hitman, you do
<title>DVD</title> and that works for you?

so, no need for contextmenu?

i would assume, from looking at things, it would be like JackieBrown had it above
<contextmenu>DVD</contextmenu> (or at least that what I tried first.)
mudboy Wrote:i would assume, from looking at things, it would be like JackieBrown had it above
<contextmenu>DVD</contextmenu> (or at least that what I tried first.)
In which file? That's the wrong way round for the Keymap.xml file and the wrong coding for the Lircmap.xml.

Keymap requires <remotekey>XBMC action</remotekey>, so <title>ContextMenu</title>. The only caveat is that <remotekey> must map to one of those listed here, you cannot invent your own.

In Lircmap you would then have <remotekey>MCEEquivalent</remotekey>, so in your case <title>DVD</title>. It's worth noting that in the vanilla install of XBMC, <title> is mapped to 'Play' so that should bring up the context menu without you having to tweak anything.
mudboy Wrote:Now I'm confused... so hitman, you do
<title>DVD</title> and that works for you?

so, no need for contextmenu?

Yes this works for me, although subsequently I found that "Play" also provides the context menu as airyphary also pointed out. This works out much better for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Context menu with mce remote0