Having an scanned library made only of .nfo files in a folder
Hi guys:

I was wondering if it's possible to have an scanned library made of .nfo files in a single folder.

I've been reading the wiki but it's not working on my end. Any guides, or tips?

Thanks in advance!
I don't really understand what you are asking. You want to export your nfo files to a single directory, or you want the library to operate from nfo files in a single file or something else?

What have you read and what is not working?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-17, 20:20)Karellen Wrote: I don't really understand what you are asking. You want to export your nfo files to a single directory, or you want the library to operate from nfo files in a single file or something else?

What have you read and what is not working?

I'd like to have a library with all the movies that I've seen, not only the ones I've downloaded. So I wanted to know if I can manually write a simple .nfo file for each movie, and have Kodi scan the .nfo file into the library.
Ok, I understand what you want.

The nfo file works in conjunction with a video file. Both need to be present to be scanned into the library.

If you do not have the video file, then you can fool Kodi by using a dummy file. Create an empty text file like The Matrix (1999).txt and rename it to The Matrix (1999).mkv. Now you have your nfo file and video file and Kodi will scan it into the library.

There is a NFO template in section 4... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-18, 19:35)Karellen Wrote: Ok, I understand what you want.

The nfo file works in conjunction with a video file. Both need to be present to be scanned into the library.

If you do not have the video file, then you can fool Kodi by using a dummy file. Create an empty text file like The Matrix (1999).txt and rename it to The Matrix (1999).mkv. Now you have your nfo file and video file and Kodi will scan it into the library.

There is a NFO template in section 4... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies
Thank you very much man! That should do it Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having an scanned library made only of .nfo files in a folder0