Kodi & MyMovies Collection
Hello all:

I am a new KODI user seeking assistance with getting this setup to work with my current MyMovies collection.   Currently, I am using Windows 7 Media Center on a Windows 7 Home x64 machine with a RAID setup for movie storage.   My current WMC setup is that the MyMovies 'applet' for WMC shows up with separate entries for 'MyMovies', 'TV Shows' and then I have a separate 'videos' section setup using WMC library that is completely separate from the MyMovies  collections.

For the most part,  I have ripped the movies in the MyMovies collection (and TV shows) to ISO's and have them in separate folders.  I have turned on the XMBC/KODI  NFO generation in MyMovies, I have cleared and regenerated the metadata info.   I then went into KODI and following some instructions from the different threads  on this site, I managed to add all of the MyMovie collection of Movies to the KODI movie section - using the local info scraper option.    However, when I go into TV shows and try to follow the same exact pattern, none of the TV Shows show up.   Most of the TV Shows are in ISO format as well and the folder structure is similar to the following
h:\MyMovies\TVShows\Show Name\Season 1\ISO Files for all disks of that season.  
each ISO has a matching NFO file
None of the shows are showing up in TV though in KODI.

Now, this is the funny thing - I can add that folder above to the Movies section of KODI and choose 'Movies' as the type of media and they get added to the Movie collection in KODI ... and are playable....

Thoughts on how to fix this?    Advise?   I would like to keep MyMovies as the primary method of managing my collection ...  

Let me know if you need more info regarding this...
*No need to quote your own post for no reason* - Moderator

Oh, and Thanks in Advance Smile
(2019-10-20, 22:18)Distalnak Wrote: h:\MyMovies\TVShows\Show Name\Season 1\ISO Files for all disks of that season.  
Wrong. That will not work.

This is part of the guide that deals with tv shows... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-20, 23:24)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-20, 22:18)Distalnak Wrote: h:\MyMovies\TVShows\Show Name\Season 1\ISO Files for all disks of that season.  
Wrong. That will not work.

This is part of the guide that deals with tv shows... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows 
I though that was only if you were using KODI to manage the metadata...   it is strange that without changing the folder structure to what is in the wiki, the local info scraper picks up the tv series and add them correctly if i choose Movies as the category...
(2019-10-20, 23:43)Distalnak Wrote: I though that was only if you were using KODI to manage the metadata... 
Kodi is managing the metadata, regardless if you are using the Kodi scrapers or if you are using NFO Files created by Kodi or a 3rd party application.

To add anything into the library you need to name them correctly. Sounds like you have done that for movies, but not for tv shows.

(2019-10-20, 23:43)Distalnak Wrote: the local info scraper picks up the tv series and add them correctly if i choose Movies as the category...
Yeah, that is currently a bug in v18 (and you are the first person to mention it on this forum). Already reported here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16112
But why would you want potentially hundreds of episodes added into the movie section? I guess you don't, but rather you were just pointing out what had happened.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-10-21, 00:08)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-20, 23:43)Distalnak Wrote: I though that was only if you were using KODI to manage the metadata... 
Kodi is managing the metadata, regardless if you are using the Kodi scrapers or if you are using NFO Files created by Kodi or a 3rd party application.

To add anything into the library you need to name them correctly. Sounds like you have done that for movies, but not for tv shows.
(2019-10-20, 23:43)Distalnak Wrote: the local info scraper picks up the tv series and add them correctly if i choose Movies as the category...
Yeah, that is currently a bug in v18 (and you are the first person to mention it on this forum). Already reported here... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/16112
But why would you want potentially hundreds of episodes added into the movie section? I guess you don't, but rather you were just pointing out what had happened. 
correct, I dont want the TV shows in the Movies collection...  and yes, I was pointing out the fact that the Movies scraper picks them up correctly so why wouldnt the TV scraper...  or am I missing something here?  I mean, the movie scraper sees the iso files and shows each one invididually...correctly even...
(2019-10-21, 01:30)Distalnak Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 00:08)Karellen Wrote:

correct, I dont want the TV shows in the Movies collection...  and yes, I was pointing out the fact that the Movies scraper picks them up correctly so why wouldnt the TV scraper...  or am I missing something here?  I mean, the movie scraper sees the iso files and shows each one invididually...correctly even... 
ok, I read the wikki link you posted earlier and attempted to follow it...   unless I am misreading or misinterpreting the instructions, I still cannot get it to work right...

Here is an example path (after reading the wikki page)

h:\MyMovies\TV Series\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series S01D01
this path contains the VIDEO_TS folder for the DVD

Now, for some reason, when I ripped Season 4 of that series, I ended up changing to ISO files... again, renamed based on what I read and understood...
h:\MyMovies\TV Series\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series S04D01.iso

Still not working....

am I missing something?
(2019-10-21, 01:54)Distalnak Wrote: h:\MyMovies\TV Series\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series S01
Yep, that is correct to that point.

(2019-10-21, 01:54)Distalnak Wrote: S01D01
Where on that page do you see D01? We don't deal with disks, we deal with Episodes. No scraper site deals with Disks. It is all Episode based.

If you have multiple episodes in one file, then you need to use sect 6.4 Multi-Episodes... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...i-Episodes

h:\MyMovies\TV Series\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series S04E01E02E03E04.iso

Do you want to keep them as DVD folders or ISO files for any reason? Why not rip them into their individual episodes?
My Signature
(2019-10-21, 02:09)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 01:54)Distalnak Wrote: h:\MyMovies\TV Series\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series S01
Yep, that is correct to that point.
(2019-10-21, 01:54)Distalnak Wrote: S01D01
Where on that page do you see D01? We don't deal with disks, we deal with Episodes. No scraper site deals with Disks. It is all Episode based.

If you have multiple episodes in one file, then you need to use sect 6.4 Multi-Episodes... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...i-Episodes

h:\MyMovies\TV Series\Batman The Animated Series\Batman The Animated Series S04E01E02E03E04.iso

Do you want to keep them as DVD folders or ISO files for any reason? Why not rip them into their individual episodes? 
I prefer to keep them in ISO or DVD folders with menu structure and all...  call it a personal preference... 
seems that it is a bit odd that I would have to rename the  iso files that way for TV episodes... strange that the scraper couldnt look at the matching NFO file and display it accordingly.    I could understand it a little more if I was using an external data source... but if the NFO is already generated for the title... and the same exact NFO file works in the Movies category...    kinda of makes me thing that there is a bug somewhere in how the scraper looks at TV stuff...  or something might have been overlooked...  

just my thoughts...   I guess I will continue to see if I can find another work around - maybe figure out a way to setup a second 'Movie' Library and just label it TV Shows...  that way, the scraper for 'movies' using internal data only would show the TV show titles that are on ISO/DVD folders....
(2019-10-21, 03:51)Distalnak Wrote: and the same exact NFO file works in the Movies category
I have already stated there is a bug. Not sure why you persist in raising it.

I don't know how to make it any clearer. Your files (including your nfo file) need to be properly named. That is the problem preventing you from scanning this into your library.

Of course this is assuming your nfo files are Kodi compatible... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows

(2019-10-21, 03:51)Distalnak Wrote: I guess I will continue to see if I can find another work around - maybe figure out a way to setup a second 'Movie' Library and just label it TV Shows...
What workaround are you looking for? Your opening statement was I am a new KODI user seeking assistance, and I gave it to you. Do it right and it will work. If you want to make up your own steps and do your own thing... well you are certainly entitle to, but you won't get far.

Anyway I have told you what the problem is, even given you the solution. I'll leave it up to you now.

Good luck.
My Signature
(2019-10-21, 03:55)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-10-21, 03:51)Distalnak Wrote: and the same exact NFO file works in the Movies category
I have already stated there is a bug. Not sure why you persist in raising it.

I don't know how to make it any clearer. Your files (including your nfo file) need to be properly named. That is the problem preventing you from scanning this into your library.

Of course this is assuming your nfo files are Kodi compatible... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/TV_shows
(2019-10-21, 03:51)Distalnak Wrote: I guess I will continue to see if I can find another work around - maybe figure out a way to setup a second 'Movie' Library and just label it TV Shows...
What workaround are you looking for? Your opening statement was I am a new KODI user seeking assistance, and I gave it to you. Do it right and it will work. If you want to make up your own steps and do your own thing... well you are certainly entitle to, but you won't get far.

Anyway I have told you what the problem is, even given you the solution. I'll leave it up to you now.

Good luck. 
Firstly, I do appreciate the suggestions / guidance given.   You provided two possible solutions (converting the iso files to individual episodes or Renaming the ISO files to match the episodes on the image).

The point of my replies were to point out that, in my opinion, there appears to be a flaw somewhere - if the local scraper can view and add the tv shows from the NFO files generated by MyMovies to the Movies section, it should be possible/able to do the same for TV shows...   I mean, it does seem to be a bit excessive to have to go into each ISO file in each season of every TV show and look at how many episodes are on each disk and then rename the disk iso file name to mach the number of episodes...   It might be that the bug/flaw is in the way that the NFO files for TV shows are being generated by MyMovies Collection Management application...

The comment about creating a second library was an idea/suggestion to maybe prompt someone else to chime in with other ideas/thoughts on how to accomplish this.

again, my responses were not meant to be an attack on the program or you... just comments / observations / questions about alternative means of how to go about getting this working and maybe a suggestion as to something to think about for future updates in the program...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi & MyMovies Collection0