Smart Playlists - Exclude two or more rules
(2019-11-06, 16:31)Harro Wrote: Once nodes are created, and categories created, the action on click for the nodes would go to a playlist or video source for that node? 
Yes that is right

(2019-11-06, 16:31)Harro Wrote: I would like to scan library to new content but then my 4k movies end up under the main movie menu. I only want 4k under 4k and the same would go for the TV shows. But I do want everything scanned into videodb.

(2019-11-06, 16:31)Harro Wrote: So collections would show both.
I guess I am not sure which to use a playlist or to edit the nodes or both.

Have you added rules to exclude the 4K content to the default Titles and Sets nodes? and then made sure the Menu/Widgets are pointed at these modified nodes.

Then have you create new Titles and Sets child nodes within your 4K Movies parent node to display only the 4K content?
Looking at the Home.xml of standard Estuary I've just noticed the Main Menu item for Movies uses

videodb://movies/titles/

See https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...#L900-L901

So it is using direct DB access that would bypass any node rule changes. To pick up the node rule changes I would expect

library://video/movies/titles.xml

to work as this should use the node rules.

This could be why you still see all Movies in the DB, assuming of course you did add the exclusion rules.

If you are using the Mod version then it maybe similar in not using the correct path to pick up the rule changes.
Thanks jjd-uk !!
I don't have time today to test all this but tomorrow, I will copy my userdata/library xml files and create new nodes. I will then re-install a fresh copy of Kodi on my test machine, load the new xml files in, start Kodi and add my sources. Do a scan and see what happens. If everything comes out the way I am hoping will post my step by step for ours. Otherwise will post more questions.
A few questions. Once the parent node is set up with excursion rules,  then adding child nodes, will the child node follow the parent nodes excursion rules? 

It seems the Estuary Mod 2 will be easier to set up for my idea. Been experimenting the last few days on both the default and mod 2. I think  with the mod2 I will be able to by pass the videodb and use the custom 8 widgets to set all the items up i need.
(2019-11-08, 18:37)Harro Wrote: A few questions. Once the parent node is set up with excursion rules,  then adding child nodes, will the child node follow the parent nodes excursion rules?
Unfortunately no, filter type nodes (and smart playlists) do not pass their filter criteria on.
Well if anyone is interested I have got this all to work with the Nodes. 

Added a couple of movies and updated. The movies only show up under the standard movie and not in 3d or 4k section. Smile

And here are my nodes so far.

Have a problem with my concert item. Would like it under music videos for the categories but it is working under movies right now. Will continue to test different content, and might need to make some playlists. Also if anyone needs some playlist I have made over 50 so far. Would probably fit some needs with a little editing on source. I also found out I do not need to add the doesnotcontain to the rules. But you need to set the node rules for path for that source.
When you want to point to nodes in the skin xml files for widgets and menus then it's always in the form

library://path_to_node

So if I create custom nodes:

Videos -> Movies -> 4K
Videos -> TV Shows -> 4K

The paths to these nodes are:

library:/videos/movies/4K
library:/videos/tvshows/4K

One thing to be careful of is that if you modify any of the default nodes then make sure the correct path is being used. For example by default:
Tips on nodes
you can make s sub folder for the nodes in userdata\library\video then the link to that folder will show in video but you can kink to any widget 
for the widget to show you need to link to the widget.xml
ImageImageImage
(2019-11-10, 02:27)the_other_guy Wrote: When you want to point to nodes in the skin xml files for widgets and menus then it's always in the form

library://path_to_node

So if I create custom nodes:

Videos -> Movies -> 4K
Videos -> TV Shows -> 4K

The paths to these nodes are:

library:/videos/movies/4K
library:/videos/tvshows/4K

One thing to be careful of is that if you modify any of the default nodes then make sure the correct path is being used. For example by default:
Tips on nodes
you can make s sub folder for the nodes in userdata\library\video then the link to that folder will show in video but you can kink to any widget 
for the widget to show you need to link to the widget.xml
Any disadvantage by just have the nodes in library/video/4k movies instead of library/video/movies/4k? Same for the TV; library/video/4k TV?

Either can still set content, so can pull the widgets for said content.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=345943
(2019-08-03, 12:19)mardukL Wrote: that plugin writes nodes to the video section.
unsure if you really like use it everywhere.
simpler would be call a smart playlist, to keep your library nodes clean.

e.g.

<content>special://skin/playlist/smartplalistname.xsp</content>

or another great thing

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341640

and using embuary helper

https://github.com/sualfred/script.embua...the-script
(2019-11-10, 13:45)Harro Wrote: Any disadvantage by just have the nodes in library/video/4k movies instead of library/video/movies/4k? Same for the TV; library/video/4k TV?

With Kodi there's usually more than one way to skin a cat, so in the end it comes to to what you find easiest to managed to get to your own personal preference.

What I think the_other_guy is trying to point out is if you don't want all the new nodes cluttering up node listing under Videos, then you can create a parent node called Widgets for example then have you 4K Movies nodes etc underneath that. The advantage with this method is if you only use the node to populate the widgets on the Home screen then it will make the Videos node listing cleaner. In addition if you are sure you'll never want to access those nodes from anywhere else other than Home then you can hide them all with this method by adding a hide visibility condition to the Widgets parent node index.xml
(2019-11-10, 15:14)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2019-11-10, 13:45)Harro Wrote: Any disadvantage by just have the nodes in library/video/4k movies instead of library/video/movies/4k? Same for the TV; library/video/4k TV?

With Kodi there's usually more than one way to skin a cat, so in the end it comes to to what you find easiest to managed to get to your own personal preference.

What I think the_other_guy is trying to point out is if you don't want all the new nodes cluttering up node listing under Videos, then you can create a parent node called Widgets for example then have you 4K Movies nodes etc underneath that. The advantage with this method is if you only use the node to populate the widgets on the Home screen then it will make the Videos node listing cleaner. In addition if you are sure you'll never want to access those nodes from anywhere else other than Home then you can hide them all with this method by adding a hide visibility condition to the Widgets parent node index.xml      
Ok so I tried the adding the node 4k TV shows under TV shows.

As you can see I have 5 shows in 4k. So I would expect 5 shows to display for the 4k TV show node. This is what I get.
I have updated library twice and rebooted. The 5 shows do show up in my library under main TV shows.
do they all show up when viewing in  videos using flies ?
(2019-11-11, 01:56)the_other_guy Wrote: do they all show up when viewing in  videos using flies ?
I removed the source and deleted the node. But what I think happens is that once scanned to library, it see's the same shows and adds the episodes under the same show in my standard definition TV Shows. I open the TV show and can see I have both standard definition and 4k episodes. Not sure how to avoid this without renaming the 4k Show.
(2019-11-11, 12:45)Harro Wrote:
(2019-11-11, 01:56)the_other_guy Wrote: do they all show up when viewing in  videos using flies ?
I removed the source and deleted the node. But what I think happens is that once scanned to library, it see's the same shows and adds the episodes under the same show in my standard definition TV Shows. I open the TV show and can see I have both standard definition and 4k episodes. Not sure how to avoid this without renaming the 4k Show.

Never tried it but yes the issue is likely having the episodes for the same show in both SD and UHD, you may need to exclude the SD versions from being scanned.
(2019-11-11, 12:54)jjd-uk Wrote:
(2019-11-11, 12:45)Harro Wrote:

Never tried it but yes the issue is likely having the episodes for the same show in both SD and UHD, you may need to exclude the SD versions from being scanned. 
Is there a different scanning process for tv compared to movie? I ask because I have many standard and 4k movies of same title and the will separate out into their own posters and artwork, etc..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlists - Exclude two or more rules0