You guys should get the word out on this
When this is really stable this will by far be the most ideal thing for simple media center usage (without capture cards). I cannot think of any interface and program with so many features thats so ridiculously rock solid as xbmc. A perfect port of xbmc for windows would be pretty much perfect for media center usage.

But the word does not seem to get out much about it. I'm pretty up to date on most things and only a while ago did I hear about the windows port.
I think a lot of people still look at XBMC as "that xbox mediacenter". It has gotten quite a lot of attention of lifehacker for instance, but a lot of people don´t know about the Linux version, or the Windows version. I have to say I think it would have been better to rename the non xbox versions to something that doesn´t implicate that xbox connection as much.
I agree that some sort of pushing out to media would be justified, although the Windows version may have to mature a bit further first.
Have you voted?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I voted and definitely appreciate what you guys are doing! I really can't thank you enough because my theater/media room wouldn't be half as nice without it.

I've also thought about the popularity of Windows XBMC and having used it for a number of years on a modified xbox, I appreciate it now more than ever on the Windows platform. We are so used to saying Ex-Bee-M-See that it would be weird if you changed names, but I think you should to really market to the masses. Upon final release, there just isn't any way it won't be the media center of choice for everyone.

I think the popularity of Hi-Def is going to push it right into the mainstream.

-Tom
We don't have time to market, and we don't really have anyone with the skills to do so effectively. We don't even have enough time at the moment to do all the things with the code that we want to do, as we simply do not have enough people willing to work on it.

We need help. Lots of it. If you are or know someone who is willing to:

1. Help work on our website (i.e. supply content - we don't need web coders specifically, we need content).

2. Help by testing the product and reproducing reported bugs to make it easier for the developers to fix them. ** see below.

3. Help work on the manual by providing content.

4. Help promote XBMC by blogging about it or whatever.

Then please let us know.

These are things that we've been sorely lacking for many years and would make a huge difference to the project.

Cheers,
Jonathan

** Note that this is not just playing around and reporting bugs when you feel like it, though that is useful. We're talking about actively watching the bug reporting forums + trackers, and trying to reproduce the bugs. This involves communicating with the initial reporter of the bug to get the information needed to reproduce it, and if reproducible to mark the bug as such along with clear instructions for reproducing. If not reprodicble, then marking the bug as such and lowering the priority or removing the bug report until it does become reproducible.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
You guys should get the word out on this0