VC2008EE question...
Somehow or other, opening up the solution with VC2008EE screwed up my SVN copy. I got some popup about line endings when I did it and I thought I told it to leave them alone.

Now when I sync I get an error in Tortoise about inconsistent line endings and it just bombs out and fails. Of course its on a file that I have local modifications which are not synced into the SVN yet. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Should they be DOS (CRLF) or Unix (CLF) line endings? If my linux box hadn't died a week ago, I'd just open a file up in vi to see, but I'm restricted to Windows only at the moment. Sad

(If anyone is curious, the OS drive fried. The BIOS doesn't even see it. I gotta rebuild on a new drive but I'm a little lazy. Thankfully I keep my data separate and those drives are all ok.)

** edit **
Notepad++ will show line endings! And the file actually had inconsistent line endings. Some lines ended CRLF, some where LF. Very strange. I had to use Notepad++ to force them all into "Windows" format, as it calls it.

But I'm still getting the problem syncing. It seems its in the SVN now though as its the VideoInfoScanner.h.svn-base file. I think Tortoise is trying to be smart and telling me the line endings are mangled, but it stupidly bombs out the entire process.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sorry, I ran dos2unix on some files with with inconsistent EOL before setting svn:eol-style native on them. You may want to revert the file giving you trouble to before 14126 then try applying your changes.
Sorry again for the inconvenience.
i'm not having problems committing changes, but actually sync'ing. i think it must be a feature of this new version of tortoise that it prompted me to install earlier today. it just doesn't seem to like files with inconsistent eol. the sync just stops when it encounters a file like that with a failed status. and it never cared before.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
There were already some files in SVN with inconsistent line endings. For instance, some of the GPL headers were *nix line ending where the rest of the file was dos.

I'll update in a bit and see whether I have the same issues.

yeah. the videoinfoscanner.h file was like that. i renamed my local copy so it would sync up. the new one still had inconsistent eol. i fixed that one and merged my changes into it. now its ok. ive synced a few times and im not getting that problem anymore. stupid new version of tortoise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VC2008EE question...0