No Forward option in recorded TV
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Kodi and setting up a new system with NextPVR as the backend. I have the latest version of Kodi and the latest NextPVR v4. 

I tested out my first recording and noticed that there's no Forward button when watching recordings, and the fwd button on my keyboard doesn't do anything either. I noticed that live TV didn't have Pause or Rewind options either.

I found another thread talking about the timeshift settings in the NextPVR Client Addon. After changing to Extended Time Shift, I've gained Rewind, Pause, and Forward functionality in live TV, but still no Forward option in the recordings. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance
Typically with PVR software you don't FF/RW you skip because the other modes are hacks.  Debug Kodi logs would be required to look at this further. 

Martin
(2019-11-28, 15:38)emveepee Wrote: Typically with PVR software you don't FF/RW you skip because the other modes are hacks.  Debug Kodi logs would be required to look at this further. 

Martin

Hi Martin,

Been playing around a little bit (I use the Microsoft All-In-One Keyboard) and this is what I've figured out: 

I can Seek (Fwd/Rwd) using the left and right arrow buttons in both Live TV and Recordings.

For Live TV, the Media Skip buttons on the keyboard skip to the start or end of the playtime respectively. For Recorded TV, only the Skip back button works to go back to the beginning, the Skip forward button doesn't do anything. 

Is this the correct behavior I should be seeing?

Thanks
The GUI comes from the global PVR and skin functionality but I believe it is supposed to work just like video library playback which doesn't have a right arrow.  Other than catch up to live it there isn't much extra use in PVR mode

Thinking about it those keys you have should be mapped to EDL scene markers for but you probably aren't using comksip.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Forward option in recorded TV0