cant find IRSSmap file
thanks guys got it to work now i have 1 last question tho. on the xbox version i had a funktion to change the aspect ratio of films etc 4:3 16:9 zoom normal etc i dont c that button in the IRSSmap.xml is it possible to add it and how would i do that ?
It should bet whatever MCE button is mapped to "select".
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yuo it was thank you Smile
TrocaNiklas Wrote:Hi i read a Guide on getting the MCE remote to work in xbmc i installer some ir suite and did everything in the guide. last the guide tells me to edit the IRSSmap in my documents folder app data xbmc. i find the folder but in there there is no IRSSmap.xml file and i did a search on my comp for it cant find it and iam sure i have the latestbuild of XBMC just reinstalled it aswell its the one in the sticky post on the forum

pls help

Hi TrocaNiklas, developers, and fellow community,

Sorry n00b here. I'm not a programmer but I get the gist of editing XML files. I am at the stage of setting up a MCE remote v2 with MCE receiver (ehome?). Right now, the basic arrow buttons and Ok confirmation button work but nothing else.
(1) I am wondering where this guide is?
(2) Also, do you mind sharing your IRSSmap.xml file?
(3) Does this XML file override the commands from the software that automatically installed when I plugged in the MCE receiver via USB?
(4) I'm looking to make PC off button shutdown the PC instead of close XBMC and a button for display off/on for subtitles in both movie and dvd player. What is the XML command for these?

Thanks in advance. Sorry there are a lot of questions. Answers to any of them would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-Neo
neoanderson2002 Wrote:Hi TrocaNiklas, developers, and fellow community,

Sorry n00b here. I'm not a programmer but I get the gist of editing XML files. I am at the stage of setting up a MCE remote v2 with MCE receiver (ehome?). Right now, the basic arrow buttons and Ok confirmation button work but nothing else.
(1) I am wondering where this guide is?
(2) Also, do you mind sharing your IRSSmap.xml file?
(3) Does this XML file override the commands from the software that automatically installed when I plugged in the MCE receiver via USB?
(4) I'm looking to make PC off button shutdown the PC instead of close XBMC and a button for display off/on for subtitles in both movie and dvd player. What is the XML command for these?

Thanks in advance. Sorry there are a lot of questions. Answers to any of them would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-Neo
Did some digging and here is where I am:
(1) I am wondering where this guide is? Installed IRServerSuite. Ran debug client to get all button remote codes - 5 digits.
(2) Also, do you mind sharing your IRSSmap.xml file? -working off of newest build 14125 and changing to my needs C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\IRSSmap.xml in WinXP Pro
(3) Does this XML file override the commands from the software that automatically installed when I plugged in the MCE receiver via USB? - Yes
(4) I'm looking to make PC off button shutdown the PC instead of close XBMC and a button for display off/on for subtitles in both movie and dvd player. What is the XML command for these? Subtitle - <title></title>, Shutdown - still don't know - Can someone help me with this one? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Neo
Here are the 5 digit codes on the MCE remote I have:
Same remote and problem as you. tried ir server but that fails to initialise i'm completely stumped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cant find IRSSmap file0