Option to play "Forced Subtitles" support in XBMC? Movies with only partial subtitles
Using PRe10.5 r34016 so i guess that is a darhma build... strange nightly said this isnt the darhma build..

Just checked the build log and it appears in the tree... So why is the forced subtitles not working? It should be active if subtitles are disabled (if they are enabled then you get ALL subtitles)
I am guessing mplayer was removed from the windows version and everything? If so then the force subtitle flag isnt working...
I was really suprised xbmc doesnt support forced flag subtitles. I guess its not just settop media players.
They work in Dharma B3, I tried it today and it worked exactly as expected. First, check if your file actually has the forced tag set on the appropriate track - if so it should be fine with Dharma.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
What about .sup files with forced + normal subtitles? Did this also work with Dharma Beta 3?
Question 
Hello,

I have upgraded my two Windows 7 XBMCs to v10.

Unfortunately, forced subtitles on BluRay rips are not working correctly. The subtitles flash up at the correct point, but are displayed for less than half a second.
  • FSTs on DVD rips work perfectly on v10.
  • Regular STs work fine for both BD and DVD rips

I downgraded one of the boxes to v9, and FSTs are fine.

I have delayed upgrading my Live XBMCs due to this issue.

Has anyone else seen this?

Cheers
D2K
dilbert2k Wrote:Hello,

I have upgraded my two Windows 7 XBMCs to v10.

Unfortunately, forced subtitles on BluRay rips are not working correctly. The subtitles flash up at the correct point, but are displayed for less than half a second.

I downgraded one of the boxes to v9, and FSTs are fine.

I have delayed upgrading my Live XBMCs due to this issue.

Has anyone else seen this?

Cheers
D2K

Did I post this in the wrong place? I created this posting as a new thread, but its been merged into an existing thread.

From my point of view, this is a BUG in V10 - I am reporting something that DID work in V9, but that DOES NOT work in v10.

Please let me know if I should post this elsewhere or if any further info is required.

Thanks
D2K
This doesn't appear to be working for me correctly. Watching Star Wars IOS, the subtiles appears, but are 90% transparent, making them useless. Any news here?

v10.
dilbert2k Wrote:Unfortunately, forced subtitles on BluRay rips are not working correctly. The subtitles flash up at the correct point, but are displayed for less than half a second.

Experiencing same issue here: in my Blu-Ray rips (AVCHD BD9) forced PGS subs are shown for less than 1/2 second.

I opened a ticket on bugtracker: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12074
Jamhandman Wrote:This doesn't appear to be working for me correctly. Watching Star Wars IOS, the subtiles appears, but are 90% transparent, making them useless. Any news here?

v10.

I am having the same problem. Forced subtitles are 90% transparent. They work fine in other media players.
yeah would be nice if the internal player would be able to play them correctly.
when using a external player they play perfect.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
TRaSH Wrote:yeah would be nice if the internal player would be able to play them correctly.
when using a external player they play perfect.

The internal player has supported PGS subtitles for over a year now, as well as respecting the forced flag.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to play "Forced Subtitles" support in XBMC? Movies with only partial subtitles1