New to KODI - a few questions
First I want to say I love KODI. I am a hoarder, and over the years I have accumulated a ton of Movies and TV Shows on my PC, and KODI is helping me to find things to watch I never even knew I had. So far, all I am using KODI for is to organize my existing videos - I am not interested in any of the illegal stuff it can do.

As for my questions:

1. I found a guide (here) that helped me set up KODI to use VLC when I play a video. I have used VLC for many, many years and am used to the format. My issue is, I can't figure out how to play Movie trailers with the VLC fix active. Below is the code I use:
  • <playercorefactory>
  •   <players>
  •     <player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
  •       <filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
  •       <args>--fullscreen "{1}"</args>
  •       <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
  •     </player>
  •   </players>
  •   <rules action="prepend">
  •     <rule video="true" player="VLC"/>
  •   </rules>
  • </playercorefactory>
I don't care if I play them through VLC or through KODI, but I would like to be able to play the movie trailers somehow.

2. My next question involves the MPAA ratings. I have them working, but is there any way to get the extended MPAA ratings which show the Violence, Language and Nudity for films?

3. For weather, I have been trying to use the OpenWeatherMap Extended, but all I can figure out how to do is display the temperature, which isn't always accurate. Is there a better one to use?

I think this is all the questions I have for now. Please simplify any answers given as I am not good at programming if possible.
I just tried Yahoo Weather and I am getting the same result. I set my location and they aren't working.
(2019-12-14, 08:59)iCraft Wrote: 1. I found a guide (here) that helped me set up KODI to use VLC when I play a video. I have used VLC for many, many years and am used to the format. My issue is, I can't figure out how to play Movie trailers with the VLC fix active. Below is the code I use
The skin usually shows an Icon to indicate a trailer is available for the movie. The trailer needs to have been scanned into the library at the same time you scanned/scraped the movie into the library.
This might help... Trailers (wiki)

(2019-12-14, 08:59)iCraft Wrote: 2. My next question involves the MPAA ratings. I have them working, but is there any way to get the extended MPAA ratings which show the Violence, Language and Nudity for films?
No.

(2019-12-14, 08:59)iCraft Wrote: 3. For weather, I have been trying to use the OpenWeatherMap Extended, but all I can figure out how to do is display the temperature, which isn't always accurate. Is there a better one to use?
Might explain why... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2683579
Try this one instead... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335425
Weather (wiki)

As you are still setting up Kodi, check the links in My Signature below as some of them should be of use to you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-14, 08:59)iCraft Wrote: 2. My next question involves the MPAA ratings. I have them working, but is there any way to get the extended MPAA ratings which show the Violence, Language and Nudity for films?

only the main one will show you can change to image with the rating with a bit more info
estuary Mpaa Ratings HOW TO add Rating images (only works if movie has mpaa rating)
first create images
Image Image Image Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Rated G.png
Rated NR.png
Rated PG.png
Rated PG-13.png
Rated R.png
i am using images from http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/Home.aspx

in \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\extras
create new folder mpaa

now edit Includes.xml find
xml:
<include content="MediaFlag">
      <param name="texture" value="flags/flag.png" />
     </include>

and after </control>add
xml:
<include content="MediaFlag">
     <param name="texture" value="$INFO[$PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.Mpaa,special://skin/extras/Mpaa/,.png]" />
     <param name="visible" value="!String.IsEmpty($PARAM[infolabel_prefix]ListItem.Mpaa)" />
    </include>
I am trying to get live radio working. I downloaded the Radio add on and the PVR IPTV Simple Client (3.8.8), but when I try to listen, all channels are empty.
(2019-12-14, 09:20)Karellen Wrote: 1. I found a guide (here) that helped me set up KODI to use VLC when I play a video. I have used VLC for many, many years and am used to the format. My issue is, I can't figure out how to play Movie trailers with the VLC fix active. Below is the code I use
The skin usually shows an Icon to indicate a trailer is available for the movie. The trailer needs to have been scanned into the library at the same time you scanned/scraped the movie into the library.
This might help... Trailers (wiki) 
I would prefer not to have to download each trailer individually, is there a way to set this up to allow VLC (or KODI) to play the trailer off of YouTube without downloading them?
(2019-12-14, 09:20)Karellen Wrote: As you are still setting up Kodi, check the links in My Signature below as some of them should be of use to you. 
Ok, I will check them. Thanks for your quick response.
(2019-12-14, 09:39)iCraft Wrote: I would prefer not to have to download each trailer individually, is there a way to set this up to allow VLC (or KODI) to play the trailer off of YouTube without downloading them?
Read item 2.1 of the trailers wiki page.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-12-14, 09:27)the_other_guy Wrote:

only the main one will show you can change to image with the rating with a bit more info
This isn't what I am trying to do, I want to do what is described in (this) post. I don't care about different images for the ratings, I want a more detailed rating. I assumed this information would be scraped automatically and figured it would be easy to display - I am guessing I am wrong.
(2019-12-14, 09:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-12-14, 09:39)iCraft Wrote: I would prefer not to have to download each trailer individually, is there a way to set this up to allow VLC (or KODI) to play the trailer off of YouTube without downloading them?
Read item 2.1 of the trailers wiki page. 
Yes, when I was figuring out how to scrape, I saw this. I am using the Universal Movie Scraper now and was using The Movie Database before. But my issue is, when I go to play the trailer, it pulls up and automatically quits VLC taking me directly back to KODI. I figured this was an issue with my code not allowing VLC to use YouTube through KODI to play the trailer.
Ok. Fortunately I have never needed to use an external player, so I have no idea what the problem could be. (and as a newbie, not really understanding why you would need to do this)

First step to figuring out the issue is drop the external player and use the default player. Can you play trailers?

Do you have the YouTube addon installed?

Others will need to step in and help with this one.
My Signature
(2019-12-14, 10:04)Karellen Wrote: Ok. Fortunately I have never needed to use an external player, so I have no idea what the problem could be. (and as a newbie, not really understanding why you would need to do this)

First step to figuring out the issue is drop the external player and use the default player. Can you play trailers?

Do you have the YouTube addon installed?

Others will need to step in and help with this one.
I appreciate your help a lot. The main reason I want to be able to use VLC is for the volume controls on the mouse instead of the keyboard, plus I am just used to VLC. To answer your question, yes, before setting KODI to use VLC, the trailers worked perfectly. I do have the YouTube addon installed and am messing with settings now.
Ok.

Sorry, I cannot help further with this particular issue. I am wondering if the YouTube add-on looks for the default player only? Maybe ask in the YouTube thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=348464
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New to KODI - a few questions0