Can't find a WIFI connection :\
I'm just trying to connect Kodi to my wifi but when i go to connections it doesn't show anything.... in every tutorial i've watched other people have a list of connections in this section whereas mine is just blank.

I've filmed it here so you can see what i mean: https://youtu.be/ACNbIR_yBdg

Any advice?

Thank you!
Openelec is long since deprecated. Install something modern and supported such as OSMC or Libreelec.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Raspberry_Pi
What Raspberry Pi model are you using? I'm guessing it's either RPi3+, or possibly RPi4.

As @ActionA has already said, OpenELEC is no longer being developed (development ended 2 years ago) and OpenELEC does not fully support the more recent RPi3+ or RPi4 models (if OpenELEC runs at all it will be lacking the software support for the new faster network hardware, explaining your empty Connections list).

You should upgrade to LibreELEC (a drop-in replacement for OpenELEC) with support for all RPi models including RPi4, or try OSMC (support up to RPi3+).

Also, just a suggestion but you should adjust the screen size on your LG TV to avoid overscan issues (clipping the top and sides of the displayed image): select the "Just Scan" setting in the TV menu.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Okay, I have updated to LibreElec, but it's doing exactly the same thing....when I go into the "connections" menu, there's nothing there, it can't seem to find my wifi. 

Any suggestions?
"It's in the air, man!" © Jeff Foxworthy Laugh (Sorry, couldn't resist)

What type of wifi are you searching for, 2.4G or 5G ?
And which type of Raspberry Pi are you using?
(2019-12-18, 15:28)Klojum Wrote: "It's in the air, man!" © Jeff Foxworthy Laugh (Sorry, couldn't resist)

What type of wifi are you searching for, 2.4G or 5G ?
And which type of Raspberry Pi are you using?

Wifi is 4G (i'm in Australia)
The Raspberry 2 model B
Okayyyy...so i think i've just figured out that I need model 3 for built in wifi...... argh..... thanks for the help!
Or you get yourself a proper USB Wifi dongle.
You are referring to a band frequency for (mobile) phones.

A Raspberry Pi's internal Wifi module does not support 4G as far as I know, it does only 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz for local LAN networks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't find a WIFI connection :\0