• 21(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)
Guttasej Wrote:hate to whine but could you make the old highlighted button in the homescreen as an option? i really liked it when it was a bit glass transparent too

It's still a *little* bit transparent. To be honest, this is the first version I've been happy with since the project started, though I'd be interested to hear if anyone has other thoughts. Bear in mind that I've always designed Aeon knowing that people often don't have properly calibrated TV sets. So it's important that objects like the home focus box never look too bright or too dark at different brightnesses and contrasts. Ditto the transparency of the home scroller glass, though that's largely dependent on the arrival of blur effects (fingers and toes crossed).
djh_ Wrote:It's still a *little* bit transparent. To be honest, this is the first version I've been happy with since the project started, though I'd be interested to hear if anyone has other thoughts. Bear in mind that I've always designed Aeon knowing that people often don't have properly calibrated TV sets. So it's important that objects like the home focus box never look too bright or too dark at different brightnesses and contrasts. Ditto the transparency of the home scroller glass, though that's largely dependent on the arrival of blur effects (fingers and toes crossed).

Okey Smile just wondering is it possible for me to take out that picture from an old xpr and put it in this latest or is things changed? Its probably better if i just mod it myself instead of you coding a setting just for me Tongue
Assuming you have the tools to unpack the Aeon xpr, just replacing the texture with one of equal size would do it.
XPR Express http://blackbolt.x-scene.com/?p=tools

by team blackbolt allows extraction and recompression of xprs. i use this on every build to remove the pixles from the large dvd surround as i use tilted box art from mediaicons.org as well as turning any green textures to blue :ie star ratings and progress bars. let me know if anyone would like this xpr file, that is aslong as djh doesent mind?
also djh

i alter my fullscreen.xml and includes.xml delay values to increse icon / ifo movement from 3000 to 1500 but in recent builds the reflections move over at my new rate of 1500ms but the icons still delay to 3000ms. i asume there has been a change in the xml's so could you tell me witch over xml needs to be edited.
thumbtypes.xml
hey djh i have a suggestion/request...

I think that if possible, while playing from the tv library, it would be nice to make the episode icon that comes up during fast forward/rewind actions match the episode icon aspect ratio instead of using the movie aspect ratio, I'm not sure if it's possible to specify though. anyhow, just a thought.
I need to make a feature request to have the TV show thumbnail available during video playback. Then you'd have the proper poster show up rather than the episode. I'm not a big fan of having the episode thumbnail show up during the episode itself, tbh.
djh_ Wrote:I need to make a feature request to have the TV show thumbnail available during video playback. Then you'd have the proper poster show up rather than the episode. I'm not a big fan of having the episode thumbnail show up during the episode itself, tbh.

ya, i can agree with that, episode thumb or tv show thumb doesn't make too much of a difference to me.
djh_ Wrote:I need to make a feature request to have the TV show thumbnail available during video playback. Then you'd have the proper poster show up rather than the episode. I'm not a big fan of having the episode thumbnail show up during the episode itself, tbh.

I thought of requesting this a while back...def makes more sense to me to have the TV poster (or at least season poster for the banner users) displayed rather than episode thumb. It looks odd having a thumb within a thumb.
can anyone help? After installing the new aeon on xbox in the mainmenu is longer the cover an trackinfo of the music it plays shown

you think my english is bad? watch me drive!
@ djh_: have you tried to add in an unfocus option in showcase view so that the dvd image slides back and the text fades back out?
i think it would give it a more polished finish.

I've read in various places that there maybe issues with the focus/unfocus part of the skinning engine. Is that the reason maybe not a lot (if any) skins utilise it?

I experimented with a hack of PMIII & the DVD view from Backrow a few weeks back and got it to work, so if you dont want to i may have a play and see what it looks like.
Hey, a few things.

One...a feature suggestion. What about having some way of letting the user change the color of the gradient bg used in the movie slideout? You know, make it green if the fanart is green, blue, etc, by setting a rgb value...perhaps in the nfo file? IDK, just a thought.

And as an update for the fanart I'm making, I'm done through the letter "L" now (more or less). I do need to still find good pics for the movies "Lady Snowblood" and "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". Here's a few thumbs for some of the new gfx:

ImageImage
ImageImage

I'm not going to upload another pack with them all until I get a substantial amount more done. I have been grabbing a lot of pics straight from the movie's website tho, which makes for some great images. Big Grin

Again, everything in 720. Lemme know if you've got requests too. Grand total of files in the set when I'm done should be in the neighbourhood of 263 backdrops.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)6