• 4(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)
As mentioned a couple of posts ago, any chance of seeing the filemanager skinned any time soon? This is the one last area that I use, that i cannot use at present. I would in no way tell you how to go about your process Dunc, but would ask you to consider skinning this vital aspect before redesigning areas that currently work ok?

Chars
Sorry, Mike, I was too busy to read your last post. Too busy with THIS.

I should explain a few things, I guess. Firstly, this section isn't called Files in the Aeon menu, it's called Core (I'd have called it System but there's already one of those in the settings menu). If someone has a better name, I'm all ears. So you have some diagnostic screens, a test card, some stats and, of course, the file manager.

Secondly, I'd say about two thirds of it actually works. At present, there's no way of pulling viewing habit stats from a database or anywhere else, so that tab does nothing. I'm hoping it one day might, though.

The Aeon screen might seem a little pointless at the moment, but the information it displays is little more than placeholder. It's genuine information, for the most part, but there are other things I'd like it to do eventually. And I'm hoping someone will make me a lovely logo at some point, then that go in this tab instead of the XBMC one.

Then we have the XBMC info, which isn't displaying quite what I'd like at the XBMC end. The formatting of system info labels generally seems a little shambolic, so I might post a feature request to that effect.

Time for UFC and beer now. Be seeing you.
Is alpha13 up om the site then?
No, just 12a is on the site. But it's working great especially with the new backdrops added to the collection.
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Yes it's a beautiful skin. My default on the Big screen Smile
DJH, on the aeoncentral website, are the newest backdrops at the end of the list, or is it mixed in with the old pictures?

Reason I ask is because I don't remember which files I got, so instead of downloading everything, can I just pick up the last few backdrops at the end of the list?
Some of his newer ones: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=201...stcount=36
hey DJH why don't you host your skin on mediafire? it would definitely help cut down on a LOT of bandwidth your site generates... and on mediafire you can track the number of downloads as well

just a thought, might save you some hard-earned $$$
Duncan... I saw a FileManager... didn't I... dammit... at final last... that's all I've always wanted... now I'm a happy chappy... super stuff!!!

One thing Duncs, where's the Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon King backdropHuh It's not in the new backpack! hehehehe... Being paying close attention... lol!

Anyways... looking good... looking really good!
Wink 
joncgde2 Wrote:hey DJH why don't you host your skin on mediafire? it would definitely help cut down on a LOT of bandwidth your site generates... and on mediafire you can track the number of downloads as well
I just like to remind djh_ (and everyone) that as soon as djh_ makes AEON open source and upload it to the official XBMC Skinning Project on SourceForge then djh_ can host the skin downloads on that SourceForge project, (it will just be the majority of the backdrops and any non-free fonts that I do not think can be hosted on SourceForge since they are questionable if they can be redistributed via SourceForge if they are not open source, creative commons, or free). Of course open source and/or creative commons backdrops would also be free to host on that SourceForge project as well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
oh yeh of course... i just figured since he wants to retain control of the skin in its alpha stage, perhaps hosting it there and linking to it on his own site would give him the control he wants while cutting down on hosting costs

btw nice progress - the whole skin is starting to how a more complete 'feel' to it with every screenshot you post... coming along very nicely Smile
I'm having to be quite careful with the choice of labels for these - the really ungainly ones like MPAA rating and running time look fugly when they're cut off. On which note, is it possible to display just the actual duration of a video rather than the horrendously verbose drivel that the scraper provides?

I got som questions I need som answers to:

1. How do you do with seasons pack, with no s01 in the filename or dir?
Earth.The.Power.Of.The.Planet.720p.HDTV.x264-SFM-GOTHiC
earth-the.power.of.the.planet.part.1.720p.hdtv.x264-sfm.mkv

H:\series\Planet Earth\Planet.Earth.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR
Planet.Earth.EP01.From.Pole.to.Pole.2006.720p.HDDVD.x264-ESiR.mkv

2. Is it possible to get the library to add a new serie and fan art without having any files in the dir? i.e. a LOST dir in /SERIES with no file, and when in library mode I can se LOST and clicking it I see the fan art but just no episodes?

/Söder
This isn't an Aeon question. Please post it in the XBMC general help forum.
soder Wrote:2. Is it possible to get the library to add a new serie and fan art without having any files in the dir? i.e. a LOST dir in /SERIES with no file, and when in library mode I can se LOST and clicking it and I see the fan art but just no episodes?

/Söder

some of it was Aeon only?

/Söder
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)6