• 5(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)
soder Wrote:some of it was Aeon only?

It's still not an Aeon question. As djh stated, post in the general help area. Aeon isn't the only skin that does fan art, which is the big key in deciding if it's Aeon related or XBMC related.
i hope this is the right place but a question ro DJH what about the Bannerview in TV Shows? i miss it.
tjost Wrote:i hope this is the right place but a question ro DJH what about the Bannerview in TV Shows? i miss it.

Banners are gone for good in Aeon...they don't fit with the theme. There was an optional view in Version 11 or so, and it really didn't work...
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
zeuss-axis Wrote:Banners are gone for good in Aeon...they don't fit with the theme. There was an optional view in Version 11 or so, and it really didn't work...

Banners are actually still in there but you have to enable them in AEON's settings.
What I want to know is where can I find the latest backpacks? Is it on the website but at the end of the list, or is it intermixed with the old backdrop pictures?
Let's do this again, shall we?

http://www.aeonproject.com/downloads/bui...LPHA13.zip

Things to note:

- the Core panels for Aeon System and XBMC System, together with the Viewing Habits tab, are entirely placeholder. I don't want bug reports.
- Wall view info is very temperamental at the moment. The options to turn it off (which I'd recommend, tbh) are on the menus for Pictures and Videos. I'll soon be culling lots of Aeon Settings menu options as they're moved out to the relevant screens. View types will be first.
- there's a new compatibility mode for Asus eeePCs
- Xbox mode has been extended to a much wider range of textures
- stuff got fixed

You need to reset your Aeon settings for this one. Don't come crying if you keep them and end up with memory problems.
First off thanks a million I'm like a little kid waiting for the next release to be posted. You would think is was Christmass or something. Anyway what do you mean xbox mode is there something I'm not turrning on? I just ftp it over and go.

Ps. Will adding more ram to the xbox improve Aeons proformance. I'm afraid that sooner than later your great work will have advanced beyond what the xbox can do. I love the fact that I can have it all in one mobile box.
Hey gang...I've been working on some fanart images for TV shows and such, wanted to see what everybody thought of them. I think a few may be from the backpack, so please don't accuse me of stealing...I've just been trying to get this all assembled, and haven't quite gotten to clean EVERYTHING up yet. Big Grin

Basically, these are for the shows I have. I've also got posters that match most of the fanart, but until I get a chance to scale them all properly and clean them up, they won't see daylight. But feel free to play with the images I've got here. I'll be uploading a full pack in a few days when I get everything done.

Here's two of the images I did...

The rest are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zlj94cxwlww

Current fanart is for the following shows:

Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Derren Brown
Family Guy
FIrefly
Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Harvey Birdman
House
In Living Color
Invader Zim
Lil' Bush
Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil
My Name is Earl
Mythbusters
Night Court
Psych
Reaper
The Taken
The Future is Wild
The Maxx
The Office
Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job.

More to come...
Hey all,

I haven't kept up with this skin but it's looking fantastic! I installed it tonight and had 2 questions:

1) There is no view that shows the IMDB rating?? This makes "sort by rating" totally useless and really confusing. Are there any mods or options or anything that enable imdb rating?
2) "Wall" view is un-usably slow. It's so slow that I thought XBMC crashed. I'd say 1 frame every 2 seconds... and this is on my HTPC that plays 1080p video no problems. Is this a bug with this release or have I messed up the configuration or something?

Anyway thanks for the fantastic skin!
Also, is there any way to view the cast info scraped from imdb for movies and TV shows?
midgetspy Wrote:2) "Wall" view is un-usably slow. It's so slow that I thought XBMC crashed. I'd say 1 frame every 2 seconds... and this is on my HTPC that plays 1080p video no problems. Is this a bug with this release or have I messed up the configuration or something?

djh_ Wrote:- Wall view info is very temperamental at the moment. The options to turn it off (which I'd recommend, tbh) are on the menus for Pictures and Videos. I'll soon be culling lots of Aeon Settings menu options as they're moved out to the relevant screens. View types will be first.

The new cast images aren't handled by XBMC yet. That's something you should post in the XBMC feature request forum.
Um... I'm not sure what you mean? In Project Mayhem III there is a cast view that works fine. Do you mean that Aeon somehow has a cast view completed that isn't supported by XBMC yet?
Ahh, no. I'm referring to the new cast images handled on our end. It's possible for djh to implement a simple list of actors, but it'd probably be best to wait a couple weeks to see if the XBMC devs use the new cast images from the site. If they do, it's possible cast might use a completely different window.
i´m a bit sad about missing banner view because the iMDB-TV gives only Banner graphics for shows.
midgetspy Wrote:2) "Wall" view is un-usably slow. It's so slow that I thought XBMC crashed.

Unless you have your thumbnails set at too high a resolution, or are running on a low-spec PC like the eee, there's no reason why it should be. It is the most demanding feature, though, so you might just have to live without.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)6