• 2(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)
Oh lord... that is amazing... batman returns as well! LOL!! Can't wait!!!
Feature suggestion: Common backdrop folder

I find I prefer all my backdrops coming from one folder. i.e. I have a collection of general artwork that I like to see, rather than menu-dependent movie-themed, music-themed, games-themed, etc.

So of course I go through the settings and set each category's backdrop folder to the same location. No big deal.

Sometimes my mood changes. I might want to change all my backdrops to load from the folder "familypics" or "flowers" or "landscapes". Since I'm lazy, it's a pain to change every setting individually...poor me...

It would be cool to have an option "use this folder for all backdrops: xxxxx".

It would be even cooler (or easier to code?) to have a setting that would just use the same folder set up in the "screensaver-show slideshow" settings. I've found I love that setup now - it gives a neat effect, beacause then screensaver mode turns your wall-mounted flat panel into a nice piece of scrolling artwork, and when you grab the remote Aeon becomes a sleek menu over that same artwork.

Anyway, just a suggestion to add to the pile. Keep up the great work, and thanks.

-Geoff
XBOX 1.6 w/ 160 GB hdd, Xecuter3, 80 mm quiet fan, Harmony remote
NAS NASLite 480 GB (so far)
A/V LG 42 inch plasma, component out 720p, digital audio out, 5.1 surround
lexicon Wrote:It would be cool to have an option "use this folder for all backdrops: xxxxx".

-Geoff

I was wondering if a feature like that exists... I'd like to have it so that a random image is displayed for 'music', 'movies', 'games', etc...

would be cool if when in the "backgrounds settings" to have a "Set Moves: Background image from this folder" and be able to set a path f:/bckdrps/movs

so that the movies tab would randomly load a backdrop.. Smile

just a humble suggestion, huge fan of this skin ... thanks again Big Grin
...have I missed something?
hombrefeo Wrote:would be cool if when in the "backgrounds settings" to have a "Set Moves: Background image from this folder" and be able to set a path f:/bckdrps/movs

so that the movies tab would randomly load a backdrop.. Smile

just a humble suggestion, huge fan of this skin ... thanks again Big Grin

I think i must have missed something aswell DJH

isnt that the, and always been the main feature of xephyr/aeon skin
Quote:I was wondering if a feature like that exists... I'd like to have it so that a random image is displayed for 'music', 'movies', 'games', etc...

would be cool if when in the "backgrounds settings" to have a "Set Moves: Background image from this folder" and be able to set a path f:/bckdrps/movs

so that the movies tab would randomly load a backdrop..

just a humble suggestion, huge fan of this skin ... thanks again

this is supported, if you go into the Aeon skin settings and look around you should be able to find where it is possible to set the folders for the backdrops yourself.

Quote:Feature suggestion: Common backdrop folder

I find I prefer all my backdrops coming from one folder. i.e. I have a collection of general artwork that I like to see, rather than menu-dependent movie-themed, music-themed, games-themed, etc.

So of course I go through the settings and set each category's backdrop folder to the same location. No big deal.

Sometimes my mood changes. I might want to change all my backdrops to load from the folder "familypics" or "flowers" or "landscapes". Since I'm lazy, it's a pain to change every setting individually...poor me...

It would be cool to have an option "use this folder for all backdrops: xxxxx".

It would be even cooler (or easier to code?) to have a setting that would just use the same folder set up in the "screensaver-show slideshow" settings. I've found I love that setup now - it gives a neat effect, beacause then screensaver mode turns your wall-mounted flat panel into a nice piece of scrolling artwork, and when you grab the remote Aeon becomes a sleek menu over that same artwork.

Anyway, just a suggestion to add to the pile. Keep up the great work, and thanks.

-Geoff

However this might be worth a second look djh? I wouldn't use it, but I'm sure if it's easy enough to implement, many people would find it useful.

The global wallpaper idea sounds good. I'll do it.
That looks awesome Duncan... You going to include Review/Synopsis tab on the new Context menus later onHuh

Looking forward to the backpack!!!! Keep the good work up!

wow!!! great stuff!!!
Blimey Duncan - that's fantastic stuff. Glad to see the music side of Aeon getting a good tarting up too. Nice taste in music too. Curve are bloody excellent (and garbage are just an average tribute band to them!)
I like this man.
I'm currently having a chat in the Requests subforum about introducing blurring into the skinning engine. A problem is that the Xbox graphics card can't do it, however, which would make it an HTPC-only feature. I'd appreciate it if anyone interested could chip in (in that thread, ideally) and say whether they like the idea. Just to give you an idea of the effect in action, here are some five second mockups.

looks good on the all but the submenu, then i would prefer a dimmed (blackened) blur.. darker, if you understand what i mean.
I'm sure there'd be all kinds of possibilities - turning it off being one of them. Wink
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)6