• 27(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)
Posters!

Part1:
http://www.mediafire.com/?tpmx3jaiokd

Part2:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qvwoztx8qyg
djh_ Wrote:Posters!
Smashing... much appreciated.
szsori Wrote:Is there some way of incorporating the texture/color from the main navigation bar up there?

Or the same transparent black/grey background that displays behind the movie plot in the Showcase view (once it slides in) using the gray text from there as well.

That may also work for the information bar that slides in from the bottom when updating the Library, Deleting Files etc. if there is enough contrast against the backdrop.
hi i have a question. In the mainmenu the backdrops are in bmp or jpg form the first one is visible the second one dosent only black. What can i do?
For what its worth I did some tests on a Mac mini with the Aeon Background images and it seems on a Mac at least that TIFF was the fastest format to use, faster than even BMP despite the fact they were the same (uncompressed) file size. I also tried PNG and JPG.

Fellow Mac users may find this utility http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/267...eformat'em useful for providing a quick and easy way for bulk converting images.

With regards to fanart, I find currently the easiest way to add it was to copy the original JPG from the Aeon backgrounds to the folder of the movie and select it via the Info screen. Partly this was because I am confused as to where to locate it for auto use and how to name it. My movies are VIDEO_TS folders ripped from DVDs and stored on a server with the following folder structure...

/DVDs/Soylent Green (1973)/VIDEO_TS/
/DVDs/The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)/VIDEO_TS/

Note: I am fairly clear what would be needed if I was using mpgs but not if I am using VIDEO_TS folder. By the way I am using stacking mode.

So where should I store the fanart and what should it be named for it to automatically work?

On a different topic, this post http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=201...stcount=57 by djh implies Aeon can display additional information for a movie in Wall mode when you hover over a movie.

I am running Aeon Alpha14 and this does not happen for me so was this merely a mockup? Or can it be turned on some where?
how can i disable the gras backdrop inside aeon?
tjost Wrote:how can i disable the gras backdrop inside aeon?

Set your own image/s from the AEON settings.
tjost Wrote:hi i have a question. In the mainmenu the backdrops are in bmp or jpg form the first one is visible the second one dosent only black. What can i do?

Read the bug thread.
Hi all, registered yesterday after stumbling across this thread. Just wanted to intro myself quick and give a big hats off to everyone involved in this. Djh - know you're not doin it for the praise but it is amazing stuff. I read all 38 pages of the thread (at the time!moves fast) and what a great community. Love all the background stuff you're all contributing to as well.
On that point, I have been tracking down a lot of the backgrounds etc and was going to rename them all (some are just numbers, some imdb id's, etc and just wanted to see what everyones thought are on a solid naming standard for movie and tv backgrounds etc.

I was going to go with:
<movie name>-<imdb_id>-<image number>.jpg
ie die hard-tt0095016-1.jpg etc for movies

<series name>-<tvdb_id>-<image number>.jpg
ie scrubs-76156-1.jpg etc for tv

I know that imdb and tvdb id's by themselves is sort of happening but I think it good to have the name in there too, and the option of an image number might mean that when you select a show or movie, a random matching bg or slideshow might be easier to implement down the track? Like I said, I'll prob rename then upload to btorrent anyway, so if one way seems better than another just chime in.
cheers
yazgar Wrote:Hi all, registered yesterday after stumbling across this thread. Just wanted to intro myself quick and give a big hats off to everyone involved in this. Djh - know you're not doin it for the praise but it is amazing stuff. I read all 38 pages of the thread (at the time!moves fast) and what a great community. Love all the background stuff you're all contributing to as well.
On that point, I have been tracking down a lot of the backgrounds etc and was going to rename them all (some are just numbers, some imdb id's, etc and just wanted to see what everyones thought are on a solid naming standard for movie and tv backgrounds etc.

I was going to go with:
<movie name>-<imdb_id>-<image number>.jpg
ie die hard-tt0095016-1.jpg etc for movies

<series name>-<tvdb_id>-<image number>.jpg
ie scrubs-76156-1.jpg etc for tv

I know that imdb and tvdb id's by themselves is sort of happening but I think it good to have the name in there too, and the option of an image number might mean that when you select a show or movie, a random matching bg or slideshow might be easier to implement down the track? Like I said, I'll prob rename then upload to btorrent anyway, so if one way seems better than another just chime in.
cheers

If these are backgrounds that are just going to be used in the multiimage (ie they randomly show in the background) then knock yourself out and name them however you want. If you want them to show up as fanart then you *must* add -fanart to the end of the file name for example the one you listed above would need to be die hard-tt0095016-1-fanart.jpg and your movie would have to be named die hard-tt0095016-1.avi. That is your only option if you want fanart to show automatically. If you don't mind having to set fanart manually for every movie then again, the choice in names is up to you.
The only real advantage that I see to adding the imdb number is that it will make it easier for you to upload them to moviebackdrops.com which I strongly encourage you to do. The ability to scrape movie fanart has been added to the svn so if you upload every fanart image to moviebackdros.com then scrape your new movie you won't have to worry about maintaining fanart in your movies folder and you will only have to deal with your main backdrops folders. Cheers.
Cool. Thanks Rand Al Thor. I can't even pretend to understand the mechanics of xbmc/ aeon/skins etc or how they do what they do, so just thought I'd check. I'll definately upload to moviebackdrops.com. For the record I've decided to go with:

<imdb_id>.<movie name>.<image number>.jpg --> tt0493464.wanted.1.jpg

cheers
Wait so how do you get those tabs underneath the movie info that say "High Definition 720p" and "Dolby Digital" and stuff?

I'm sure this question has been answered but i can't seem to find an answer by searching these threads.
bdanger Wrote:Wait so how do you get those tabs underneath the movie info that say "High Definition 720p" and "Dolby Digital" and stuff?

I'm sure this question has been answered but i can't seem to find an answer by searching these threads.

those are only for show at the moment .. you can turn them on in settings -> Aeon -> Feartures

select Display Showcase Media Flags

like i said that will display them but this aren't enabled yet so it will show the same 3 flags for all media regardless what kind of media it is (ie .. if its SD, 720p, 1080p will all say 720p ...)
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Discussion Thread (no bug reports or support enquiries)6