• 1(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)
As the title says, this is for SUPPORT only.

General discussion thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35027

Bug report thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35029

Usage tips will be gathered here so check back often (author in brackets):

Memory usage for Xbox users (Hitcher)

Quote:So with the following conditions I managed to keep the free memory at about 10000KB and there were no instances of videos not playing or artwork not loading.

All backdrops are resized to 960x540
Thumbnails are at default (196)
All fanart is resized (if needed) to 1280x720
thanks DJH some great improvments.
I hope this question is general discussion related.

wonderingif someone canhelp me.
imtrying to change a couple of main menu items.
1 for MMA/UFC and 1 for kids andim trying to get them to belike thebasic tvshows/videos setup.
A few tips for Xbox users having memory issues

Resize all backdrops to 1280x720 or lower to 960x540.

Same applies to fanart if you're storing locally.

Keep the thumbnail size low (196 or 386).
Budwise, I changed the Clips main menu item to say "kids" - is this what you mean? If so, I had to make the change in two places.

1. HomeScrollers.xml - open in notepad or something, and then do a search for the word "clips". You should find it in a <label> tag. Just change the word to KIDS or anything else you like. This changes the CLIPS menu item on the home screen.

2. Open MyVideo.xml and search and replace the word CLIPS again. Again, this will be in a <label> tag. This one is the word the appears in the top bar of the video window after you enter the KIDS menu from above.

Finally, don't forget to turn on the CLIPS menu from the Aeon setup menu.

In theory, you can then change the path that the window displays once you click on the menu. I found this worked fine for me in the Windows version, but I can't get it to work in the Xbox version. I just go to the root video folder. In fact, if anyone can give me some advice on why I am getting this behaviour, I would appreciate it.

Aaron
I can't remember what the behviour used to be, however I seem to have a problem with fanart for tvshows in the last few builds / versions of the skin.

So yesterday, I have just done a clean install of T3CH 15th July, with Aeon 11c. I find that

a) Most of the series have have any fanart show up, even though it is scrapping the show correctly, and there is fanart showing up on TheTVDB.

b) For all series, even the one that has fanart showing, when I move in to the series and episode level, I'm not getting any backgrounds showing - just the blank grey background.

Anyone else having these problems? Do you think it is XBMC or Skin related? In particular, whats the correct behaviour for the episode level - if there is no fanart, is it supposed to pick a random tv show background, or just display the grey background?
djh,
Do you want feature requests in this thread?

I love the new changes but have one concern form a guest and kid usability standpoint. It is possible to remove the ability to get to settings from the everywhere but the main Settings menu? This would help when kids and guest are messing around and going into thing they don't need to get into. I like to lock the views, so I love to remove unwanted views... so it is along the same line of thought.

thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Hiya,

Great skin.. I love it!

A quick questions, when doing lookups via thetvdb of tv shows, the show thumb is set to the wide banner icon, which doesnt work too well when using the fantastic new showcase method. Doing a thumb selection does not allow me to select the posters that are listed on thetvdb, it only shows the banners.

Is there anyway to select the posters, or do i need to download each pic I want and copy them over to the xbox, then select it as a local file for the thumb?

Thanks
Mark
Livin: set up profiles, one grown up and one kids, then lock the stuff out in kids that you dont want them to be able to use.
goodness me....I enjoy Aeon with the rest of the community, but can we NOT have so many Aeon threads in the forums please. As a suggestion Dunc, why not change your website to incorporare a shout function or whatever...that way you could respond to any support issues there?
You're saying three threads is too many, even when the front page displays 20? I didn't split and abandon the old one for some mischievous end, like depriving other skins of coverage or creating the illusion of popularity. The fact is that thread was moving at 2-3 pages a day, making it impossible to navigate or extract information from. Hell, I check the forum daily and couldn't find what I was looking for.

People post to say thanks and to suggest new things. They post to report bugs, many of which have been noted already. They post to ask for help, often requiring a half-dozen posts from various people offering solutions. Throw these together at the rate described above and it's chaos; all I'm doing is restoring order for the benefit of everyone.

Of course, if every skin author did this then the forum would become bogged down - I understand that. So if the mods decide that a sub-forum would be better then I'm more than happy with that. So far, though, the response to the new threads has been almost entirely positive, so in principle it's the right idea.
You're saying three threads is too many, even when the front page displays 20? I didn't split and abandon the old one for some mischievous end, like depriving other skins of coverage or creating the illusion of popularity. The fact is that thread was moving at 2-3 pages a day, every day, making it impossible to navigate or extract information from. Hell, I check the forum daily and couldn't find what I was looking for.

People post to say thanks and to suggest new things. They post to report bugs, many of which have been noted already. They post to ask for help, often requiring a half-dozen posts from various people offering solutions. Throw these together at the rate described above and it's chaos; all I'm doing is restoring order for the benefit of everyone.

Of course, if every skin author did this then the forum would become bogged down - I understand that. So if the mods decide that a sub-forum would be better then I'm more than happy with that. So far, though, the response to the new threads has been almost entirely positive, so in principle it's the right idea.

UPD: I've mentioned the idea of sub-forums for popular skins to the XBMC team.
AaronD that looks like exactly what im after/trying to do

thankyou Smile
There is a problem with the episode-level wallpaper: when there's no fanart, nothing displays. I'll look into fixing it today.
The torrent links on the website don't register as download links, and clicking on them produces a page of gibberish characters. I typically have no trouble with downloading torrent files-- Something wrong with the link formatting?
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
Probably. Just right-click for now.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)0