• 7(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)
regaining Wrote:Anyone? I have downloaded the latest versions of XBMC and Aeon and it is apparently incompatible. This skin looks awesome and I would love to use it!

Given that I use the Windows build daily as a development platform, I doubt it's incompatible. Unstable, maybe, but that's the software.
I have an idea for the picture slideshow screensaver.
Would it be possible to include a collage view, such as multiple photos scattered/layered and then have some transitional effect to another set of images, etc?
Oops, accidentally cut this from my previous post.

Here is what I am running:

I am running a softmodded box using krazie ndure installer.
Xbox v1.0
320Gb WD Caviar

Ok, I am using rev13360 of T3CH's xbmc build because I cannot get the latest svn to run on my box.

I am using a13 of the AEON build.

I have loaded about 60 movies onto my hard drive, and I want to use the aeon skin because it looks beautiful as a media center on my plasma.

When I go into the Movie section and use either file or library, and either the wall view, or showcase and scroll through my movies (thumbnails from imdb) it will freeze when I scroll through them. I have all the visual effects turned off, and xbox mode on. I am using the 1080 poster backdrops for the main menu if that is of any concern, and using the original composite cables. (I still have to buy the component ones)
I haven't tested any other view modes because the only ones I want to use are showcase, and possibly wall from time to time. I also prefer the library to the files view. Is there something I may be doing wrong? Would the xbmc log file be of any help? I really want to have my videos stored natively on the xbox to free up my laptop. Im not concerned with the visual effects either.
Any help on this would be fantastic! I am enamored with this skin!
Hitcher Wrote:When you say Windows do you mean the last installer release or your own build from SVN?

Double check you've not missed any files in the AEON folder.

Latest installer from sourcefoge. I will try it with some of the past versions of XBMC for Windows and see if I can get it to work. I'll make sure everything is in the AEON folder as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

-Jordan
K, I am using my debug option and my available memory never drops below 34000KB, my FPS stays around 59.9 or above, and my cpu usage is at 35% at the highest.

I have 72 movies in my folder, and still it freezes when I scroll 42 movies to the right or 21/22 movies to the left in library/showcase view.
Ok, tested to see if XBMC and PMIII would freeze when scrolling through movies with thumbs, and it does.... Maybe an unstable T3CH release of XBMC? Does anyone know if there is one that I can use AEON with that is stable and won't freeze when trying to scroll through my moviesHuh?
I've have a problem with 13a (and 12a, and maybe older builds too).

On the xbox, using the right thumb to ff or rw music when OUT of the fullscreen view doesn't do anything. Entering fullscreen (x) causes any previous bumps of the analog to be applied very quickly. Works normally while in fullscreen.

Definitely an aeon issue, just tested pm3 and it works fine. Running the latest t3ch build (fixed build).
XBXHKZ Wrote:Oops, accidentally cut this from my previous post.

Here is what I am running:

I am running a softmodded box using krazie ndure installer.
Xbox v1.0
320Gb WD Caviar

Ok, I am using rev13360 of T3CH's xbmc build because I cannot get the latest svn to run on my box.

I am using a13 of the AEON build.

I have loaded about 60 movies onto my hard drive, and I want to use the aeon skin because it looks beautiful as a media center on my plasma.

When I go into the Movie section and use either file or library, and either the wall view, or showcase and scroll through my movies (thumbnails from imdb) it will freeze when I scroll through them. I have all the visual effects turned off, and xbox mode on. I am using the 1080 poster backdrops for the main menu if that is of any concern, and using the original composite cables. (I still have to buy the component ones)
I haven't tested any other view modes because the only ones I want to use are showcase, and possibly wall from time to time. I also prefer the library to the files view. Is there something I may be doing wrong? Would the xbmc log file be of any help? I really want to have my videos stored natively on the xbox to free up my laptop. Im not concerned with the visual effects either.
Any help on this would be fantastic! I am enamored with this skin!

That's the problem right there. Check the first post for Xbox set up.
What format should the backdrops be on Linux?

I get JPGs to show up in the filemanager when I try to select a background, but when I go back to the main menu it's black. Even if I set whole folders for Music, Movies etc, it's all black backgrounds.

Using PPA SVN 14418.
I saw that others are having the same problem and a referece to that it might be XBMC causing it.
Is this something that is being looked into or...

Cheers.
You can use either BMP or TIFF for Linux. Not sure about any XBMC issues with displaying them, though I haven't updated for about a week.
phunqe Wrote:What format should the backdrops be on Linux?

I get JPGs to show up in the filemanager when I try to select a background, but when I go back to the main menu it's black. Even if I set whole folders for Music, Movies etc, it's all black backgrounds.

Using PPA SVN 14418.

I can confirm this on 2 separate computers. I pointed aeon 13a to my folder full of movie backdrops and all I get is a black screen. I reverted back to the ppa build and that solved the problem on my desktop. I have to use svn on my media center or I can't play videos though. Confused
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
FYI http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4373
I can confirm as well... broken here too.

Will be happy to provide more info or run tests as needed
That new Showcase view looks super sweet... thanks for the overhaul Duncs... sadly, can't make fanart work due to me having to reburn half of my movies onto DVD so they have fanart alongside them...

1. The only way to get movie fanart to work is to put an image file with -fanart appended to it in the same location as the movie itself... coz half my movies are burnt of DVD right now... so no way around thatHuh

2. Weather panel we discussed done any time soon dear DJH?

Thanks my fellow BRIT!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)0