• 6(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)
I am trying to use AEON with the lastest version of XBMC for Windows, with no luck. Any help?

Thanks
Hitcher Wrote:After a lot trail and error I've found the best way to avoid running out of memory (on my Xbox at least) when using fanart on AEON.

So with the following conditions I managed to keep the free memory at about 10000KB and there were no instances of videos not playing or artwork not loading.

All backdrops are resized to 960x540
Thumbnails are at default (196)
All fanart is resized (if needed) to 1280x720

My Xbox is running in 720p mode on a 42"plasma. Backdrops still look great at 960x560. It tried fanart at this size but it doesn't look too good (jaggies).

Hitcher, I've followed all of this and still seem to be suffering memory problems on my xbox.

In TV shows I can play shows (most of the time) if I stick to list view, but when on 'episode' view I select a show but it will refuse to play, either freezing the xbox or just not playing.

I've resized all backdrops and fanart to 960x540. Where are the settings for thumbnail size?

Any other hints or steps you followed would be greatly appreciated.
I may have solved the problem... it occurred to me that my screen resolution was set to 'Auto' which was probably defaulting to 1080. I've knocked it back to 720 and I'll continue testing.
JATWolf Wrote:Got latest build of XBMC (14418), updated to latest Aeon skin and problem still happens. I did the refresh settings with Aeon as well. I will try rebooting the machine now and see what happens but it seems the problem still exists. I know that that backgrounds were working perfectly a version or two previous with XBMC and Aeon.

Let me know if others have seen this or if you have ideas on a fix.

This is definitely something to do with the latest build because I couldn't set backdrops in Back-Row either.
I'll bring this up in the Windows section later unless someone else does first.

Lowie007 Wrote:I may have solved the problem... it occurred to me that my screen resolution was set to 'Auto' which was probably defaulting to 1080. I've knocked it back to 720 and I'll continue testing.

AEON + Xbox + 1080i = No
Hitcher Wrote:This is definitely something to do with the latest build because I couldn't set backdrops in Back-Row either.
I'll bring this up in the Windows section later unless someone else does first.

AEON + Xbox + 1080i = No

Yup, just uninstalled XBMC, got the last stable release (the old one) and the folders are working fine again. the bugs that XBMC is trying to fix in these latest releases will just have to wait. Sorry for the confusion and at least now I know it's on the XBMC side. Thanks for all the help and ideas...
If there's a bug with current SVN then please post a ticket on trac including:

1. Everything one needs to reproduce (ideally with direct links to any skins/scripts/whatever else is needed).

2. Exact step by step processes to reproduce (including setting up skins and/or scripts and so on).

Thanks,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I also can't get any plot information in the info screen. What's up with that?
I get the plot when the movie poster is selected for awhile. But each time I'm at the movie info screen (i), the Plot Outline says "Not Available".

I'd rather be able to leave a movie selected but have it NOT go to the plot summary unless I push "i" (or something else). Is there way to set this?
after changing my skin from PMII to Aeon, my weather isn't working anymore... tried different things, no luck... any ideas on why this is happening?
equusz Wrote:i also can't get any plot information in the info screen. What's up with that?

It's WIP, that's what's up with it.
djh, was hoping you could post up the xbox backdrop you had with the older aeon versions... like to use it for 'settings' see below, it looked something like that...

Today I stumbled upon this great skin and it`s working with my XBMC for MAC. Finally I can send my old Xbox into retirement. Smile

I have just a slight problem:
how can I select my music, movies, etc.? When I use Aeon all I get clicking the related topics in the menu is the preferences-setting.

If I scroll over the menu bar in the middle in the upper right corner appears "XBMC Setup Menu". I try to press back (right-click) but nothing changes.

For example:
I click on "music" and a menu is opening showing me: "General", "Library", "Player", "Files" and "LastFM", but I don`t find any button to open my music.

What am I doin wrong? I am sure this question is absolutly stupid, but I didn`t found any How-to/FAQ/etc. regarding the use of AEON.
Firstly, if you're using a mouse, stop. I can't speak for XBMC as a whole but Aeon certainly isn't designed for it, and you simply won't be able to navigate properly using one. Instead, switch the mouse option off in the Screen->Look And Feel section, and use your keyboard. You can configure your keyboard via keymap.xml in your UserData folder.
regaining Wrote:I am trying to use AEON with the lastest version of XBMC for Windows, with no luck. Any help?

Thanks

Anyone? I have downloaded the latest versions of XBMC and Aeon and it is apparently incompatible. This skin looks awesome and I would love to use it!
regaining Wrote:Anyone? I have downloaded the latest versions of XBMC and Aeon and it is apparently incompatible. This skin looks awesome and I would love to use it!

When you say Windows do you mean the last installer release or your own build from SVN?

Double check you've not missed any files in the AEON folder.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Support thread (ask for help here, not there)0