• 3(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread
Ok i'm using xbmc(on an xbox)( i think i'm using the 6-30 tch build) and using aeon 12a downloaded from the site.
I downloaded all of the background packs, and after converting all to tiffs as reccommended on the backgrounds page (using irfan). and placed them in the following directories.

f:\xbmc\skin\aeon\backgrounds\Movies
f:\xbmc\skin\aeon\backgrounds\Tvshows
f:\xbmc\skin\aeon\backgrounds\Games
f:\xbmc\skin\aeon\backgrounds\Pictures
f:\xbmc\skin\aeon\backgrounds\Music

I also set the background dirs for each of the aforementioned sections.
this didn't work at all. So i cleared the directories and converted the backgrounds to png's and reuploaded and reset the directories, Still no hope.
So i continued to clear and convert the files this time to bmp files and again i reset the directories. This worked but i think i found two bugs. First in the Aeon->background settings page no thumbnails show up on the right when the directory is selected.

Second on the actual home screen the following happens:

if i select any of the sections such as games a random image from the directory will show up but it i switch to annother section (from games) that has a directory set, the background image will not load (the background image will just be black), and if i switch from a black background to annother category with a directory set it will show the background just fine.
If i go from a section with the background dir set to a section without a background dir set (and therefore uses the default image) and then the next section has a bg dir set all three will show image backgrounds. Also if i stay on any section it will show an image, then when it cycles to the next random image it will not load image, but the next time it cycles it will show the image. And lastly if i am on one of the setions that when switching it loaded a black background, when it switches for the first time it will load the background then the next time it will load black, then image, and so on.

Ok so i realize thats a lot of detail, but i think i have nailed the bugs down to the following,

1. Tiff, and png don't work at all.
2. The thumbnail on the right side of the Aeon->Backgrounds page doesn'
t show any thumbnails after selecting a background directory.
3. If the skin tries to switch from one background to background (where the first and second background is from a background directory) will only load every other background, in other words it cannot switch from one two annother without loading a black background between each.

I hope that covers it. If you need any more details let me know.
@darkmadda: this is a common issue that everyone complains about... its because the xbox does not have enough computing power/memory... you should make sure the xbox mode is on in the aeon settings and make sure the backdrops are all scaled down to 1280x720 or preferabally even a smaller size.
darkmadda -

Hitcher Wrote:After a lot trail and error I've found the best way to avoid running out of memory (on my Xbox at least) when using fanart on AEON.

I don't know if there's a specific minimum amount of free memory needed for XBMC to function properly but will running my tests it appeared that dropping below 5000KB caused backdrops/fanart not to load and videos to not play.

The biggest memory hit I found was in TV Shows. While displaying the backdrop and posters AEON slides the selected poster to the side and loads the fanart - memory would drop well below 5000KB. I assume this is because it's still storing the backdrop and posters, so when the time comes to change the random backdrop for another (even though it's not being displayed) XBMC doesn't have enough to perform this function and you end up with a blank backdrop.

So with the following conditions I managed to keep the free memory at about 10000KB and there were no instances of videos not playing or artwork not loading.

All backdrops are resized to 960x540
Thumbnails are at default (196)
All fanart is resized (if needed) to 1280x720

My Xbox is running in 720p mode on a 42"plasma. Backdrops still look great at 960x560. It tried fanart at this size but it doesn't look too good (jaggies).
I take responsibility for the confusion over TIFFs versus BMPs. I should have updated the info when it turned out Xbox/Windows didn't like TIFFs.
Hitcher-

I've just got my backdrops formatted to 1024x768, and everything loads up pretty quickly. I'm running Aeon on an Xbox @720p on a 58" HDTV. Looks crispy. A bit higher-rez would be nice, but I'm happy with more performance.

Again...does anybody know why I can't see/access anything in the movie playlist? Is it just not done yet?

And in case it hasn't been pointed out, movie fanart doesn't seem to work at all on the xbox. I'm not sure if it's XBMC's problem or the skin's...

As far as the memory issue while caching random backgrounds...why not stop the randomizing routine while a custom img is being displayed?
I'm using a Xbox with a HDTV cable. All background resized to 720 and converted to bmp. When I, for the first time, enter Movies, TV-shows or Music the image freezes and become black. I have to manually restart the Xbox.

My solution is to enter another skin, enter the Movies/Tv-shows/Music category. The image doesn't freeze when using another skin than Aeon.

Then, I switch back to Aeon. And this time it is no problem entering the above categories. It seems to be only the first time.

I didn't have this problem with the previous version. So it seems to be a bug in the new ALPHA12 or ALPHA12a version.

Since everything works in all other skins i'm guessing that this is a Aeon bug. And yes, I've checked the specific XBOX setting in Aeon that is suppose to fix black screens. I've also tried resetting all Aeon-settings.

Any ideas?
[url=http://www.aeonproject.com/downloads/builds/Aeon_ALPHA12a.zip][/url]
What are your thumbnails set at?

Also try resizing a single backdrop to 960x540, select it as your only backdrop and see if it works then.
The movies file screen and movies library screen both have an error in it.

In the top left it sais Moves instead of Movies

Using the latest xbmc t3ch build and the latest Aeon build.
No 'Fanart' option when selecting 'Info' in Movies. It's there in the TV Show info but is replaced with 'Video Settings' for Movies.
Hitcher Wrote:No 'Fanart' option when selecting 'Info' in Movies. It's there in the TV Show info but is replaced with 'Video Settings' for Movies.

That's because you can't download or browse for movie fanart as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.
SmokeySlim Wrote:The movies file screen and movies library screen both have an error in it.

In the top left it sais Moves instead of Movies

Using the latest xbmc t3ch build and the latest Aeon build.

It does actually say 'MOVIES' but the letter 'I' is too thin in this font along with the letter 'l' (IMO - it should be the same width as the other letters but that's nothing to do with djh).
djh_ Wrote:That's because you can't download or browse for movie fanart as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You can't download it (yet) but you can definitely browse for it. Tested on Win32 build using Back-Row skin - still not working on the Xbox.

In fact it doesn't even have to be in jpg format as I used both that and bmp while testing.
Ooh. I'll fix that then.
Question 
djh_ Wrote:That's because you can't download or browse for movie fanart as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

in the aeon 11c build the option to browse for fanart was in the skin, im sure it was. could this have been an accident?

when you brought up the movie info one of the options alongside cast/bio and trailer was fanart and when you selected it you got the old default file browser to find fanart locally.
rudeboyx Wrote:in the aeon 11c build the option to browse for fanart was in the skin, im sure it was. could this have been an accident?

when you brought up the movie info one of the options alongside cast/bio and trailer was fanart and when you selected it you got the old default file browser to find fanart locally.

Hitcher's response is correct. It can be browsed for, but can't be downloaded. There's currently no online source for all movie fanart yet, so no download functionality.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread0