• 5(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread
JATWolf Wrote:I am also having issues with the background folders. I had it working on my first install of XBMC and Aeon with the full sized .jpgs. Now I use the same source files/folders and I get only black background.

It's XBMC - I compiled a version a few days a go and had this problem. Went back to the latest installer version.
Hitcher Wrote:It's XBMC - I compiled a version a few days a go and had this problem. Went back to the latest installer version.

I'm pretty new to Linux, but if I do sudo apt-get upgrade (and have the deb package in my sources), will that work? I think I did that last night but I will try again tonight. The DVD playing is messed up as well so I am trying to kill two birds with one stone. Getting XBMC working properly (sorting of movies and DVD playing) and getting the latest Aeon up and working correctly. This is about one tweak away from being the ultimate HTPC.
I finally installed Alpha13 and noticed something I thought I should mention here. I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional, but on the Info screen in the Movies library, if there is a trailer available, then the last button is labeled Trailer. If there is no trailer available, then the last button is labeled (and goes to) Video Settings. You only see one or the other, not both. I'm not sure that a Video Settings button is even necessary...

I've noticed that now that there is a Get Fanart button, not all of the buttons show up onscreen at once. You have to slide the buttons over to see if the Trailer/Video Settings button is there. This part is a request, but there is a lot of empty space in the buttons. Is there any way you could free up some of that space to make six buttons show on the screen at once instead of five? It would be a nice little timesaver and also be more intuitive.

Thanks again for all of the effort you're putting in!
Say would it be possible to add an link to the xbmc lyrics script from within the visualisation for when an song is playing? That's the only thing i'm missing from this script!

Thanks for your great work
Very minor issue, that really does not need to be fixed for a while but Ill say it anyways... I love how on the main screen you can bring the menu bar to the bottom of the screen, but when you click on 'Movies' or 'TV shows' or anything it flashes up to the middle before entering the next screen......... like I said.... Minor. great work DJH.
I've resized all backrounds and icons since I'm using an XBOX. But when entering Picures my XBOX still freezes. I've got lot of high quality pictures and I know that XBMC automatically makes icons of every picture. It seems to be that automatic process that makes XBMC freeze. However, when trying this with another skin, like PM III, then it works. So I guess this is a problem with Aeon. Is there a way to make this work? As I said, I've already resized all backgrounds. And I have no icons in the Pictures category. Movies and TV Series works without a problem. It's only a problem with Pictures.

Any ideas?
So I opened up Acens.ttf in a font editor and fixed the bearings of that dodgy "I" glyph. Took about two minutes. Looks fine now.
djh_ Wrote:So I opened up Acens.ttf in a font editor and fixed the bearings of that dodgy "I" glyph. Took about two minutes. Looks fine now.

Is that a free font editor or are you putting it in the next release?
It'll be fixed in all releases from now on. It was a trial edition font editor, so hopefully it hasn't added any bullshit to other letters.
djh_ Wrote:Have you tried it with this latest version?

I think so. I have Aeon_Alpha13 with the 2008-06-01 svn rev13360 version of xbmc. I just updated to the Alpha13 though, but it still doesn't let me do anything in the playlist menu. Any ideas?
I'll take a look.
errors/bugs in 13a

in audio OSD can't go up from Play or Skip FWD buttons
in Video OSD can't go up from skip forward and clicking Root Menu stops video playback (tested avi without a menu)

and on a side note I find the whole "The AEON icon Project, Help create Aeons multiple icon sets [email protected]" for eveything dosn't have a thumb like shares really anoying but thats more for the discussion thread I guess
I'm probably going to bin those ads as I doubt they're having the desired effect.
Competes2win Wrote:I can indeed confirm that 'plex' crashes in aeon while trying to change fanart for a tv show. However, Pm3 does not crash.

You should make sure tht your in showcase view at the seasons level and it should work.

yeah, about that. why is it that fanart only works in showcase mode? it is not looking too good when you have a show with like 2 season or one, I prefer the list view for the seasons but still miss the changing backgrounds.
I know its a little off topic, sorry.
To quote the League Of Gentlemen: "I'm-not-an-octopus!"

Seriously, though, the disadvantage of having one brain and two arms is that things like fanart do take a short while to implement. The alternative would be to release less often and wait until such features are complete, which would probably just mean other problems arising instead. And you don't just want screenshots, right? As the wise folk at Google would say: release early, release often. You get the picture.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread0