• 6(current)
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread
I just thought I should point it out. I didn't mean it to sound like I'm bitching..
kakamenuvelet Wrote:yeah, about that. why is it that fanart only works in showcase mode? it is not looking too good when you have a show with like 2 season or one, I prefer the list view for the seasons but still miss the changing backgrounds.
I know its a little off topic, sorry.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about but replacing the tv fanart image control of Myvideonav.xml with this code will get you fanart at the season level as well as at the episode level in all views.

Code:
<control type="image">
        <posx>-5</posx>
        <posy>-5</posy>
        <width>1290</width>
        <height>730</height>
        <animation effect="fade" end="0" time="200">WindowClose</animation>
        <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="200">VisibleChange</animation>
        <texture>$INFO[Fanart.Image]</texture>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(videotv) + !Skin.HasSetting(fanart)</visible>
    </control>
This skin is amazing. I really like it's beautiful simplicity.

Some minor "bugs" below that have been around for a while so not sure if they are on the radar to get resolved.

1) In the List view from the Clips menu, the date displayed on the right hand side of the list does the marquee/scroll-in-place thing even though all of the date is displayed (which presumably means it doesn't need to scroll). The marquee/scrolling effect doesn't seem necessary and is a bit of an eye distraction when moving down the list.

2) When the delete option is enabled on the XBox, after choosing Delete for a file, the filename to be deleted overlays some other text in the very bottom panel making it almost impossible to read.

Great work - I look forward to each update that comes out.
I just upgraded to ALPHA13b (26-7-2008) by just FTP-ing the "Aeon-folder" to skin after deleting the previous one (25-7-2008)

Only "Poster" will give me an icon. It was alright when running 25-7-2008 build.

I'm running XBOX' XBMC in 720p mode with 720p backdrops. When I'm in "Showcase" I can see the "mirror-image", but the frame in which the icon should be is empty.
You have to choose an icon set, it will fix the posters bug.

Right Thumbstick > Set Icons
Rand Al Thor Wrote:Not sure if this is what you are talking about...

I feel truly sorry for you delving into the code like that. It's like a jungle in there at the moment.
defee Wrote:You have to choose an icon set, it will fix the posters bug.

Right Thumbstick > Set Icons

how do i do it in windows?
exxo Wrote:how do i do it in windows?

never mind i found out. S key
djh_ Wrote:I feel truly sorry for you delving into the code like that. It's like a jungle in there at the moment.

No worries Wink I have actually put together a few minor fixes and some rather simple additions that I think add to the skin. This is still my default skin as I am very very slowly working on my skin. Anyway, I don't want to step on your toes as I know how you feel about people hacking up your work. Would you be opposed to me putting up some screenshots or vids of what I have done? If you like it great, you are more than welcome to use it. If not, no harm no foul. It is just stuff that works for me while I am hacking away at my own stuff. Cheers.
By all means. I'd be keen to see it myself.
Cool, give me a little while to apply it to the newest revision and then I will post something up.
This has existed in Aeon as long as I can remember, and I've seen the bug posted before...I'm running Aeon12, so slap me if this was fixed: With rename/delete active, when you remove a file from the library, it also asks you if you would like to delete the files. That dialog is jumbled:

...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
Ok so i found a few things. not sure if all of them are bugs in aeon.

First off here is what i am working with.
Xbox media center, running on v.1.5 xbox, with and the latest t3ch svn build ( 7-16 i think) and i just downloaded aeon v13

#1. When looking at tv episodes, it in showcase mode, the episode thumbnails now show properly (4:3 aspect ratio instead of poster shaped) this is nice. but when i select an episode it zooms in but the thumbnail is now missing. Image

#2. Fanart doesn't seem to work at all. Not in library mode, not in file mode, nothing. I know it downloads the fanart, if i click the info button and click the fan art menu i can browse them. but they never show up as backgrounds.

#3 when try to get thumbnails for tv shows (using the info button and then clicking on the thumbnail button.) all it pulls down are the banner images, but none of the posters. so when i look at the library or files, the images are really squished and really it only looks ok in banner mode.
(is there a way to download the poster files manually?) Image

#4 Backgrounds in contained in the movie directories like moviefilename-fanart.jpg don't appear to work either (at least not via smb i haven't tried local files though). By the way should the filename-fanart.jpg file work for file mode of tv files as well, or will that only work in movies in the file mode. (also is there a good place to get movie fanart like how thetvdb.com has them.)

Also is there a way to have a section default to library instead of file view?

By the way is there an irc channel for this skin. Personally i find the use of a forum for bug reports to be a poor way to track bugs. a bug tracking system would be cool.

-D
A few more bugs that I've noticed. The first has been around for ages, the second I've only noticed in the 13c release.

1) If a Settings background folder is chosen in the Backgrounds section, the default image (Grass image) is shown once one of the Menu items is chosen. This can be worked around by physically setting the Settings image rather than the background folder.

2) When going back to the Main menu using either the Back or Menu button on the XBox Remote I've noticed the configured Settings background image flash up very quickly. I think I also saw the Settings image flash up when the XBox started. It's only there for a fraction of a second and doesn't always seem to show up. I'm using 720p background images on XBox hardware.

This skins getting close to covering off everything I use in XBMC - great work, keep it up!
#1. When looking at tv episodes, it in showcase mode, the episode thumbnails now show properly (4:3 aspect ratio instead of poster shaped) this is nice. but when i select an episode it zooms in but the thumbnail is now missing.

Same here on both Xbox and latest Win32 build.

#2. Fanart doesn't seem to work at all. Not in library mode, not in file mode, nothing. I know it downloads the fanart, if i click the info button and click the fan art menu i can browse them. but they never show up as backgrounds.

Works just fine here - have you enabled it in the AEON options?

#3 when try to get thumbnails for tv shows (using the info button and then clicking on the thumbnail button.) all it pulls down are the banner images, but none of the posters. so when i look at the library or files, the images are really squished and really it only looks ok in banner mode.
(is there a way to download the poster files manually?)

Yes, get them directly from TVDB and save them in the shows folder as 'folder.jpg'.

#4 Backgrounds in contained in the movie directories like moviefilename-fanart.jpg don't appear to work either (at least not via smb i haven't tried local files though). By the way should the filename-fanart.jpg file work for file mode of tv files as well, or will that only work in movies in the file mode. (also is there a good place to get movie fanart like how thetvdb.com has them.)

Fanart only works in TV Shows at the moment on the Xbox and then only in Library mode.

Also is there a way to have a section default to library instead of file view?

Once you change it Library it'll stay in that mode until you change it back to Files.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[CLOSED] Aeon [ALPHA]: Bug report thread0