USB Mass Storage - increased compatibility
Some usb mass storage devices cannot recover from the mount method of the CFatXDevice (that tries to mount the device in the first place) . When the mount of the CFatXDevice is disabled then the CFat32Device mount works better. I Assume there are people that use FatX and Fat32 devices so both of the mounting options should stay in the code. So some sort of mounting priority of the usb device (FatX / Fat32) or some configuration parameter that disable FatX mount would be nice. To temporarily test this solution modify the CMemoryUnitManager::MountDevice and comment out the CFatXDevice instance creation and mounting.

The second modification (that is compulsory for increased compatibility) is the addition of the delay between the device powering-up and device accessing. Some devices apparently need this delay to function properly. Modify CFat32Device::Mount() and add Sleep(1000); at the very beginning of the method (as the first command of the method).

This solution enabled 2 of my USB mass devices (Verbatim Store & GO, iPod Nano) while preserved functionality of my old memory stick (Seitec - worked without this modification).

Hope this helps...

I could'n use tracker to report this because the tracker (I used provided link) throws this: ERROR: Artifact: Only Artifact Admins Can Modify Private ArtifactTypes
We should have our new tracker up this weekend (fingers crossed!) so if you could post that in there that'd be great.

Alternatively, could you pastebin a diff and link to it from here, and we'll get it in trac so it can be trac(ked)?

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sounds very good if this "poor" USB mass storage support could be improved. My Nokia E51 with 2G card will popUp, but only the root's dirs are shown and dirs can not be opened.
Smile
The new trac tracker-system is now up-and-running, see http://trac.xbmc.org

PS! Also see the request for >4GB http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=26401
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB Mass Storage - increased compatibility0