Change chassis power button to exit Kodi
Brick 
Hi,

I changed the behaviour of the chassis power button to suspend Kodi via Configfiles/logind.conf.d:
Code:
[Login]
HandlePowerKey=suspend

However, the power menu comes up before the kodi suspends. After kodi wakes up, the power menu is still there and needs to be dismissed.

I found a way to hide it when when I click the POWER menu option , via DialogButtonMenu.xml and LoginScreen.xml with the changes below, but these changes have no effect when the physical button is pressed:

DialogButtonMenu.xml
xml:
                        <control type="button" id="3">
                                <visible>no</visible>
                                <!--<visible>System.CanPowerDown</visible> -->
                        </control>
                        <control type="button" id="4">
                                <!--<visible>!System.HasAlarm(shutdowntimer)</visible>
                                <visible>System.CanPowerDown | System.CanSuspend | System.CanHibernate</visible>-->
                                <visible>no</visible>
                        </control>

LoginScreen.xml
xml:
                        <control type="button" id="20">
                                <!--<onclick>ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</onclick> -->
                        </control>

Is there an option to remove the power menu popup at silvo, when pressing the physical power button?

Thank you in advance.
Are you wanting to close kodi with a sngle click on the power button  so the shutdown button menu doesn't appear ?
In skin settings , open "set up main menu" , add a new menu item and after clicking on "choose item for menu" . select "system", "commands", "quit". Thats your new power menu button.
Then long press on the old "power" menu item and disable it.
(2019-12-29, 20:04)ontap Wrote: Are you wanting to close kodi with a sngle click on the power button  so the shutdown button menu doesn't appear ?

Hello,

I would like to remove the power menu popping up after I press the PC chassis power button.

I figured out how to remove this when I press the power button from the Aeon Skin.

Regards
(2019-12-29, 20:08)ontap Wrote: In skin settings , open "set up main menu" , add a new menu item and after clicking on "choose item for menu" . select "system", "commands", "quit". Thats your new power menu button.

Hello,

Thanks for this. I disabled the Power menu option from the skin; however, the pop up still shows when I press the physical button on the PC chassis power button.

Regards
(2019-12-31, 00:07)ikarampa Wrote:
(2019-12-29, 20:08)ontap Wrote: In skin settings , open "set up main menu" , add a new menu item and after clicking on "choose item for menu" . select "system", "commands", "quit". Thats your new power menu button.

Hello,

Thanks for this. I disabled the Power menu option from the skin; however, the pop up still shows when I press the physical button on the PC chassis power button.

Regards  

Sorry , I don't know what you mean by "PC Chassis power button " ? 
EDIT:  I see what you mean , am not sure why you would use that button to close kodi ?
(2019-12-31, 00:14)ontap Wrote:
(2019-12-31, 00:07)ikarampa Wrote:

Hello,

Regards   

Sorry , I don't know what you mean by "PC Chassis power button " ? 
EDIT:  I see what you mean , am not sure why you would use that button to close kodi ? 

I very rarely use the physical button; it is a minor inconvenience which seems to happen on all skins (not just Aeon Nox).

Internally kodi traps the physical power button to an action which I just cannot disable. I am using libreelec.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change chassis power button to exit Kodi0