Android Xiaomi Mi Box S and passthrough
Hi,
I just bought a Xiaomi Mi Box S and I would like to use passthrough over SPDIF with Kodi. But there is no option below "Passthrough" menu so I can't configure it.
Is there a way to configure passthrough with Xiaomi Mi Box S (Android 8 or 9 beta, same result) and Kodi ?
Thank you !
Post your Debug Log ...
Make sure you have settings set to "Expert" - it is hidden by default

If it's still not there afterwards, your box does not implement it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you and sorry, I found the issue. The Sound Output in Mi Box settings was set to PCM, I switched it to Auto and now I can configure Passthrough. Thank you and happy new year !
Hi, a related Problem
Mi Box S connected to TV using HDMI and to AVR (audio amplifier) using the 3.5 jack/SPDIF output and an optical cable.
The AVR receives digital audio, but only 2.0, not 5.1 for Dolby Digital or DTS.
Tested with differents configurations of sound options in Mi Box S configuration, and passthrough and 5.1 enabled at Kodi.
¿This may works and it is a configuration problem or there is any limitation of Mi Box S or Kodi?

Thanks.
(2021-01-19, 15:12)LADD Wrote: Hi, a related Problem
Mi Box S connected to TV using HDMI and to AVR (audio amplifier) using the 3.5 jack/SPDIF output and an optical cable.
The AVR receives digital audio, but only 2.0, not 5.1 for Dolby Digital or DTS.
Tested with differents configurations of sound options in Mi Box S configuration, and passthrough and 5.1 enabled at Kodi.
¿This may works and it is a configuration problem or there is any limitation of Mi Box S or Kodi?

Thanks.
Solved, the problem was that the AVR configuration has been lost, and only 2 speakers are configurated. My fault...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi Mi Box S and passthrough0