Better way to handle singles in the music library
I love the music library. But probably like most people here I have alot of singles (cd, Itunes,even those old plastic things called records)

There's got to be a better way of handling them in the library instead of treating them like unknown ablums.

One idea might be to tag them with say a genre of "singles" and have another icon in the library page so it seperates them from the albums.

Just putting an idea out there to see how useful this would be to everyone else before requesting it in trac.
The usual procedure is to tag the album as the name of the single.

You can tag them in the comment tag or whatever, and use a smartplaylist to group 'em together should you wish.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

buges Wrote:I love the music library. But probably like most people here I have alot of singles (cd, Itunes,even those old plastic things called records)

There's got to be a better way of handling them in the library instead of treating them like unknown ablums.

One idea might be to tag them with say a genre of "singles" and have another icon in the library page so it seperates them from the albums.

Just putting an idea out there to see how useful this would be to everyone else before requesting it in trac.

I think reasonably sensible practice is:
1) Tag it with the right name of the album it appeared on (but a pain for singles, and many folks only like albums appearing if they are complete albums)

2) Tag it using an album name of "Singles" or "Misc" etc. Then it will appear quite nicely under the right artist, but still be easily identifiable as a bunch of singles.

Not perfect I know, but 2) is quite nice once you've done it. It's what I do for totally oddball tracks by any specific artist
Thanks for the input.

I'm using smart playlists at the mo. But they take abit of time to load on the old xbox.

I did tag all my singles with the album name "singles" quite awhile back but if i remember the thumbnail code only picks up the 1st image because it thinks it's one album.

I'll give myself a crash course in sql & if i come up with anything i'll submit it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Better way to handle singles in the music library0