• 5(current)
Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC?
malloc Wrote:My guess is that this runs through the http api. Should be available on Plex too since they're the same product. Probably a matter of entering your Plex IP/port to get it working. Or did you mean you wanted the XBMC logos replaced by Plex logos?

yeah i meant replacing the logos
and potentially the icon

maybe this could be done automatically by the app
ie check if its connecting to plex or xbmc and displaying the appropriate logo
don't think this would be possible with the icon though
wow. and i was being so sarcastic. maybe if it just said "powered by xbmc" then we don't have to worry about the branding since they're both powered by xbmc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I know it's anal

I am something of a pefectionist

But like I said I'm happy to do the leg work on this...
msaspence, why not just use XBMC for Mac instead and support the real devs
ultrabrutal Wrote:msaspence, why not just use XBMC for Mac instead and support the real devs

ok im new to the community, is that friendly banter or was there some bitterness in the fork?

the reason i am going for plex over xbmc is because i read (and correct me if i am wrong) that plex would concentrate more on integrating with os x and i really want to see support for iphoto librarys and eyetv

sorry for going off topic
not sure if the other user was being friendly or not, but there was a bit of bitterness.

i wouldn't say you're statement is false. while plex is concentrating solely on os x, team xbmc is also developing for the mac of course (XBMC for Mac). patches are generally shared between the two projects which makes plex largely xbmc with a new icon (hence my previous comment about replacing the logos in order to make this app plexworthy).

if you'd like to learn more, i'm sure there are threads on this topic in both the xbmc and plex forums.

if you see a feature in plex that isn't yet available in xbmc, submit a feature request at xbmc.org/trac. even if there's an os x only feature that's not yet available in plex you can submit a feature request to us at xbmc.org/trac.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
msaspence, I don't really see the reason for Plex nor Boxee. I would like development done to the XBMC core and the rest of the features could be just a matter of skinning.
That would benefit the most users on all platforms.
Ofcourse development should be Media Center sentric.

Hail XBMC. Death to posers Wink
@narcan

What is the name of the App once it is approved on the iTunes store?

Can't wait to give it a try!
@narcan

Any updates? Apple seriously takes their sweet time approving these apps. Also, it seems that your blog has gone down.
My iPod arrives tomorrow so I'm eager to test this also Smile
Sorry on being a bit quiet, currently on holidays in the middle of Australia, so internet access is sometimes hard to come across Smile

It's nearly ready...

They've approved the app, though it's sitting at the state of 'Pending Contracts' , no idea how long this takes. Hopefully not too much longer.

(The blog should be back up, had a power outage where it's hosted)
awesome news! hope you're enjoying your holiday .. can I ask where you're holidaying?

cheers,

jason.
Its available now
http://shorl.com/dyvefredradrupy (iTunes link)

Quote:Price: $4.99

Description:
XBMC Remote allows complete control of XBMC - the most advanced media center software available. With XBMC installed on either your XBOX, Windows, Mac, or Linux machine you can play songs, movies, TV shows directly from your iPhone or iPod Touch. The XBMC Remote can connect over WiFi or a 3G Network so you can control your XBMC from anywhere in the house - or even anywhere in the world. FEATURES - Play, queue and shuffle the media on XBMC - See cover art for albums, TV Shows and movies. - View artist and album reviews and information - 'Standard' remote mode. Control XBMC with standard remote buttons * Requires XBMC available from http://www.xbmc.org
markiz Wrote:Its available now
http://shorl.com/dyvefredradrupy (iTunes link)

Wow , you found it before me ! I'd been checking but didn't see it. Maybe something to do with me going through the Australian iTunes store. How did you come across it ?
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple's official iPhone Remote App with XBMC?1