Support for multi-file epsiodes
I just committed changes to support multi-file episodes in the video library. The items are technically duplicate entries which will be stacked together if "Stack Duplicate TV Shows" is enabled in settings, and they have the same season and episode number (obviously) and all the files are in the same path. (This is to prevent unwanted stacking of true duplicates in different folders. And I plan on adding code to filter out true duplicates later.) The items will be automatically stacked in sequential order based off the filenames being sorted in a "natural" order (like this: -part1.avi, -part2.avi, ..., -part10.avi.)

If you have multi-file episodes where only one part was already scanned into the database, you'll need to make sure that you force the content hash to change before scanning again. This can be done by simply adding a zero byte "foo.avi" to the folder.

If any anomalies arise, post them here so they can be addressed. I've been using this code for about two weeks now without any issue so hopefully any problems that come up will be minor.

Have fun.

** edit **
I had to make two commits to fix a bonehead mistake made while cleaning up the code. I should'a compiled it before committing it. I just caught the mistake, fixed it, and verified the fix works Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
spam?!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I'll report the post so hopefully a dev will notice. Wink
Note: This feature has been removed as of r18915 - it caused more problems than it solved.

It would be better to handle the stacking on scan, rather than patching things up afterwards.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for multi-file epsiodes0