XBMCTex (XBMC Texture Compression Tool) for skins ported to all platforms
Thumbs Up 
Hi all,

Incase you missed it first time around, XBMCTex has been ported to all platforms (with the exception of xbox) now, so you don't need a win32 box (or the directx sdk) to build your XPR anymore.

Thanks to AlTheKiller in particular for the work unix-ising all the win32-isms.

Please post below if you have difficulty using it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

does this mean xbox aswell?
Heh - Nope, probably not enough memory to do it there without quite a few changes. Let's keep it at a no.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall this is great news.

Will this mean we can compile on OSX as well on the older PowerPC architecture or will it be Intel only
Not sure - there's quite probably intel-ism's in the code, but you are welcome to try building it.

Hello,
I've noticed a little bug when there is spaces in paths :
Exemple with CEOMR and XBMCTex rev 14120:
PHP Code:
XBMCTex -input "skin/CEOMR Media Center/media/textures.xpr/" -output textures.xpr
Unrecognised command line flag
Media
Unrecognised command line flag
Center/media/textures.xpr/
web/styles/CEOMR Media Center/images\SubMenuShutdowP8         64x16   (55.08waste)
web/styles/CEOMR Media Center/images\SubMenuDash.pnP8         64x16   (67.77waste)
web/styles/CEOMR Media Center/images\SubMenuConfiguP8         64x16   (42.38waste)
then it compiles every texture in current directory.
You need a second set of escaped quotes for that to work due to how XBMCTex parses the command line (blame winapi). So... XBMCTex -input "\"skin/CEOMR Media Center/media/textures.xpr/\"" -output textures.xpr .
Thank you! It work munch better.
Man I feel so out of the loop.
It's been a while since I posted here. I would like to know where I can download XBMCTex because I cant seem to find a link anywhere. I need to compress a few themes up and now I am running ubuntu hardy ONLY (screw dual booting).

EDIT: I found it!

Also is there a way to extract contents of an XPR in linux yet?
can anyone tell me where to find this? I searched everywhere on sourceforge page .. I need it for OSX .. thanks
Presently you have to download the entire XBMC source and compile it yourself.
I don't get it... In order to create a skin, you need XBMCTex.exe, but....this tool is nowhere available. Whose @ss do I have to kiss in order to get the link for downloading this prog?
Jee-eSTeke Wrote:I don't get it... In order to create a skin, you need XBMCTex.exe, but....this tool is nowhere available. Whose @ss do I have to kiss in order to get the link for downloading this prog?

Download it from my shared folder http://www.4shared.com/file/105718440/17...MCTex.html
Put it in the folder of images you have and click on it and it will create the textures.xpr for youSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I'd prefer (and I suspect you'd prefer) if you didn't kiss my arse, but you can just grab it from SVN as well:

http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/x...BMCTex.exe

Cheers,
Jonathan

OK, I won't kiss any....
I'll just say "Thank you" Wink

Can anyone of you also tell me how to open existing xpr-files?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCTex (XBMC Texture Compression Tool) for skins ported to all platforms2