Current SVN is fubar?
Has anyone compiled and ran the current svn? For me, it doesn't even get to the splash screen. The last thing in the log is the checking for skin path existence and system/keymap.xml. I was tired and didnt get to investigate further. But, I was lazy and only copied the xbe on top of a previous build. I didn't do a full install into a new folder.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Will give it a crack in a bit. Almost certainly my fault Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Seems to work fine in debug. I did just do a commit so that it doesn't load the FEH if system/Keymap.xml is not present but userdata/keymap.xml is.

Will build a release version now.

Release works fine as well. Please debug it at your end.

Thanks,
Jonathan

ok so its something i did. i know i had system/keymap.xml and i even deleted userdata/keymap.xml just in case. i'll rebuild in a little while and do a fresh install.
Thanks Smile

this is very very strange. i did a clean build using build.bat (which i never do) and a clean install into a brand new folder on the xbox but i get the same problem. im still using evox as my dash. the xbe loads but the evox splash stays on screen. the last thing in the log file is:

19:44:29 M: 56238080 INFO: Checking skinpath existance, and existence of keymap.xml:Q:\skin...

maybe this xbox is finally dying? i'll have to try to load this build on one of my other xboxes as a test.

** edit **

same problem from a second xbox... any ideas?
just to clarify I have the same issue too with latest svn
im glad its not just me. i had to roll back to a quite old version i had sitting around but now my library is all screwy because my database version is too high!
Note that it isn't the keymap.xml check as Jezz_X verified last night (i.e. not the access() checks in CApplication::Create()) - it's something else later on.

I suggest either rigorous logging or actually running a debug setup is needed here, as it works fine for me.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Since jmarshall forgot to mention it he has fixed it in SVN it was the font reloading one
Glad to hear that's sorted out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Current SVN is fubar?0