Auto-generated thumbnails to be displaying in Library
Lightbulb 
As the title says; I have the windows version set to create coverart when none exists. This lets xbmc create episode thumbs for those it can't find on TVDB. These will display fine when in file mode but if I switch to library mode they are not accessible.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!
XBMC just doesn't use them. No idea why.
I think this is likely because Xbmc scrapes for episode images, and it probably doesnt fall back to using a cached "filename.tbn" thumb in the event of a missing scraped thumb. If you choose "Set Thumb" from the context menu, do you see your generated preview thumb?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Just checked and no I don't. When I try to get thumbnail, it just gives me option to browse my main folders.

Was thinking maybe having to go find the thumbs manually and copying them to the season folders, but surely someone has a better way to go about making this work...
Got partial answer to the problem. Seems the one generated by the windows version of xbmc has "auto-" appended to the front of the tbn file. Removal of the "auto-" will enable the thumb to be used by the library.
So is it possible to change that behavior in the code to not add the auto- to the thumbs?
thanks for looking into it. i'm still at work. i wouldn't change the naming convention, but instead change the behaviour of the library so that it will fall back to using the auto generated thumbs if nothing else exists.

** moved to feature requests. (i see no reason not to do this, but let's see if there's any further discussion.)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Wondered if this was addressed yet?
not yet but i took a look to see what's wrong... files view uses the background thumb loader to assign thumbs which will apply "auto" thumbs if they exist. the library view does not use the background thumb loader, but neither does it check for "auto" thumbs.
yea, it would be nice having xbmc library to show auto generated file thumbnails when manually browsing to set thumbs for episodes in library. Ofc, auto loading file thumbs if episode does not have any scraped or manually set would be even better.
I will add a +1 for this...
i took a look at this earlier. i know whats wrong, and how to correct it. hint... open a bug trac ticket.
Ticket 4611
Assigned to Kraqh3d
Was this issue ever resolved? I currently have beta
not that I know of, though I'm also patiently watching this one, it'll be great for the odd file here and there that doesn't have thumbnails available in thetvdb.com etc, music videos especially actually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto-generated thumbnails to be displaying in Library0