• 2(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
Thanks all for the initial feedback.
Will read in some more detail.

@mclingo

1) Internal LAVFilters will stay at the old versions because they are custom LAV versions which would have to be reworked/changed with much effort every time LAVFilters get a new version.
That really makes no sense regarding easy maintainability.
TBH, i'd love to throw the internal LAVFilters+SubFilterXy out completely and bundle DSPlayer with an external up2date filter-package with "easy install batch files" at one point. But i did not want to rush that as some of you may still use the internal filters.

Therefore my strong recommendation to switch to all external filters as soon as possible.
It's the way to go for a solid future-proof approach and so easy to maintain. :-)
Will upload an external easy filter package soon.

2)
Quote:i'd certainly love to see it simplified by removing all MADVR settings
Yes, that's what i also think is best. Multiple steps in this direction are already in this build as you may have seen. There are still some harmless madVR options left in the build, but the full madVR settings OSD page is already removed from access as you can see. (See more detailed comments on that in my initial post...)

3)
Maybe it should put some details out regarding my requested 3D testing:
The changes would in the worst case most likely only result in a wrong aspect ratio.
There should not be any more crashes with this build than the original DSPlayer x64 build - there have not been any extreme changes which really have potential for that.
If you have such a unknown crash on a clean setup with external filters, maybe you could provide a debug log. Without that we won't know much i'm afraid.

@Warner306
Thanks for the link in your thread and hints regarding your config files.
I'm looking into bundling some slightly pre-configuration regarding external filters. This really is the way to go.

@ashlar
Thanks + the source is not on GitHub (yet).

@beeswax
Quote:do you think this version will help with problem where MadVR/DSPlayer sometimes don't engage HDR when starting playback of HDR material?
I never experienced such bugs on any DSPlayer setup so far. Since setups are endless complex it's hard to comment on for me.
Personally i use DSPlayer with madVR and hdr2sdr tonemapping. On my setup/config rock solid even under extreme heavy use and testing. Are you talking about madVR HDR passthrough mode? Rolleyes
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
External Filters Bundle v001 is now online,
see initial post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351534

Quick preview:

⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Question:

Do you have much use for the original Kodi installer setup.exe?
I have the feeling this makes thing more complicated when it would be much better when we all get used to having a simple portable extractable bundle which is already slightly preconfigured regarding the external filters.

I'm thinking about switching to a clean and simple "complete" package, meaning:
One bundle containing "Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI Portable" + "External Filters Bundle" in one preconfigured package with very few install steps.

I can still upload setup.exe installer files in the future as an additional download (if wanted), but the discussion focus would be on the bundle.
I think a simple portable bundle with everything would be simplest for sure, especially if that meant we could easily install it alongside a regular kodi build while testing, etc.

Do you have any plans to attempt to bring this in line with 18.x, or is that too much work? I know myself and fandangos and probably others have looked at doing that, and are willing to help out in that effort whenever possible.
My hands are tied for a few more days for sure. Real life hasn't been too nice with me lately.

Still a 3 people team working on it seems a very cool project.

Count me in Smile
Anywant wants to test a first "complete bundle"?
(LAVFilters, SubFilterXy, AC3Filter, Portable Kodi 17 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI)

DOWNLOAD | DirectShowFilters_x64_WithKodiTestBundle002.zip Mirror: Dropbox

Carefully read inside .zip     "_ !   README FIRST   !.txt"
+1000 for a simple portable build, I always do portable builds, I find them easier to fix ro restore when things go wrong.

Thanks again for your work, you are making a great many people very happy indeed.

When you feel you've got as final release, or a final release v0.1 ready post some details of how we can contribute to your time and costs, I dont have much money  but I'd very much like to make a small gesture of thanks.
Tried it out and it works! Have to reset up a bunch of things, but that's okay.

One issue I've got, it somehow broke audio passthrough. I'm only getting stereo out, despite all the passthrough options being selected correctly in the LAVAudio config. Even weirder it also seems to have broken passthrough in regular MadVR through MPC-BE as well.

Also, your Open LAV... Configuration.bat files don't work with a "The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect."

Edit: I'm also noticing that sometimes not all of the LAV filters show up in the taskbar. Often I only see LAVVideo Settings.
(2020-02-07, 23:35)axbmcuser Wrote: Question:

Do you have much use for the original Kodi installer setup.exe?
I have the feeling this makes thing more complicated when it would be much better when we all get used to having a simple portable extractable bundle which is already slightly preconfigured regarding the external filters.

I'm thinking about switching to a clean and simple "complete" package, meaning:
One bundle containing "Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI Portable" + "External Filters Bundle" in one preconfigured package with very few install steps.

I can still upload setup.exe installer files in the future as an additional download (if wanted), but the discussion focus would be on the bundle.
I'm not sure I understand what you're proposing. I have a working DSPlayer installation and I'd prefer using that. So, for me at least, yes, I would like to have full installation packages.

Regarding LAV Filters, I'm all for doing without them in the build. At the same time I wholeheartedly support taking out all madVR configurations from DSPlayer. They were a nightmare to mantain for Aracnoz. I already suggested to fandangos to take those out, to make the job of updating DSPlayer slimmer.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
@ashlar
Thanks, i'll look into it! (LAVFilters stuff)
@Mordred

Missed a file from the LAVFilters folder while compressing, sorry about that:

v002 test bundle
DOWNLOAD | DirectShowFilters_x64_WithKodiTestBundle002.zip    Mirror: Dropbox
(2020-02-08, 04:48)axbmcuser Wrote: @ashlar

Missed a file from the LAVFilters folder while compressing, sorry about that:

v002 test bundle
DOWNLOAD | DirectShowFilters_x64_WithKodiTestBundle002.zip    Mirror: Dropbox

Think you meant me. Smile I installed it and now the settings .bat files work.

Also, I was previously using LAV 0.74.1 and I think installing your 0.74.1.31-git versions confused something (the two different instances seemed to have different settings but somehow sharing the same filters? It's weird). Turns out I wasn't getting stereo, but PCM which my receiver was outputting to stereo. LAV Audio was reporting that it was bitstreaming though which made no sense. Solution turned out to be to uncheck "Fallback to PCM if Bitstreaming is not supported". Now bitstreaming works fine. Go figure.

I love this. Not quite as seamless as the privateAPIs from Fandangos build, but hot damn is the MadVR upscaling to 4k gorgeous.

I'm also noticing that the MadVR settings I have which worked perfectly in MPC-BE are now a couple of MS slower and I'm dropping some frames. Is that extra overhead from Kodi?
@ashlar

Regarding the installer .exe:

A Kodi installer installer-.exe does not do much more than asking you where it should extract the files of the Kodi installation.
Therefore this installer-.exe-variant expects that the user knows what he is doing and that he has to do an complete manual config after he uses the installer. (or that the user has everything already set up regarding separate filters-install/config before using the installer)
Because of that the idea was that we could switch to a simple .zip-bundle type style which comes with up2date external filters and an easy way to easy-install them.
Everyone using DSPlayer this way would have an somehow more comparable/identical starting situation in comparaison to how things are at the moment.

But you're probaby right.
I'll keep an additional download of the plain installer for users which just want to do stuff on their own or just like it.
No problem.

Regarding changing madVR settings via Kodi:

At this point, can we put together a list of which madVR settings you still see in DSPlayer?

As you can see, i already took out (greyed out + disabled):

- "Manage settings with Kodi"
- "Direct3D presentation"
- "Prerendered frames in windowed mode"
- "Prerendered frames in exclusive mode"

What's still left are these:

- "Delay playback until render queue is full"
- "Fullscreen exclusive mode"
- "Force to exit fullscreen before stop"
- "Move OSD into active video area"
- "Define visible screen area"
(As far as i can tell these few settings left are pretty harmless at this point, but i'll look into talking them out anyway)

Am i missing something? Would be nice to have a full list.

@Mordred
Oh, yes, i meant you. I should have gone to sleep earlier last night. Tongue
Quote:Is that extra overhead from Kodi?
If it's overhead from DSPlayer in this case i can't tell you for sure, but as i remember: yes, i think DSPlayer has some overhead compared to plain MPC for example. But even on demanding high end setups i never experienced a drastic change.
Since you should always have a decent amount of headroom and work with low-render-time-configs, a possible DSPlayer overhead should never be the reason why your render times are really too high. Music
Hi, take all the settings out its only going to make for dev easier for you in the future, we really only need the option to chose the renderer, like MPC-BE / HC etc.
But please leave the filters section in - it's an easy way to add filters into the render chain (AC3 or FFDSHOW etc).
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8