• 39(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
I think so. I really don't know if this is the time when Kodi freezes.
I will add a screenshot from the pop up window in the evening additionally.
There is a message regarding a .dll file that don't work correctly.
ImageThis is the message that I got...

Or this one...

(2023-07-28, 19:22)SmoothR Wrote: ImageThis is the message that I got...

What version of madVR are you using? I see there's a version in the screenshot, but madVR version names always confuse me. Is it a stable build or one of the betas? Maybe if you're using a really old one, updating to the latest stable might help. Or if you're using the latest stable you could try the latest beta.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Hi, I'm using the latest one.
SO after a few hours I'm capable to start a movie with Kodi. 
I restored my PC to a earlier version, this do not help. I don't know what I've done but it works now.
But I have a weired behaviour... If I choose DVXA2 native or copy back I just get DXVA at chroma.
If I choose D3D11 I get NGU very high but I can't go to the next chapter or move forward in the movie. If I do so, Kodi freezes...
I never had this kind of problems. Doesn't matter if DXVA native or copy back just get DVXA at chroma or that I can't go forward without freezes with D3D11...
(2023-07-30, 18:21)SmoothR Wrote: Hi, I'm using the latest one.
SO after a few hours I'm capable to start a movie with Kodi. 
I restored my PC to a earlier version, this do not help. I don't know what I've done but it works now.
But I have a weired behaviour... If I choose DVXA2 native or copy back I just get DXVA at chroma.
If I choose D3D11 I get NGU very high but I can't go to the next chapter or move forward in the movie. If I do so, Kodi freezes...
I never had this kind of problems. Doesn't matter if DXVA native or copy back just get DVXA at chroma or that I can't go forward without freezes with D3D11...
Ok, I think you'd be better off in asking for help here: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/madvr-p...d.2215490/

That's a discussion dedicated to madVR support, which seems to be the source of your problems.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Ok, thanks.
If somebody can help here anyway?
Has anybody ever tried using MPC-BE standalone filters in DSPlayer? What filters need to be configured? The standalone package has a ton of filters inside. I'd like to understand, if it's possible, how to use mpc-be filters for mkv playback. MPC-BE doesn't drop/repeat frames in madVR when playing back some Atmos titles that instead do when using LAV in DSPlayer (and MPC-HC).
Hi, are there any issues with this build and windows 11, I cant get it to work with MADVR at all, just does nothing, no errors. Any ideas? It has to be something to do with windows all as if I dual boot into my windows 10 partition it works fine using the same portable build exactly. And... if I use the old version by arcnoz that still works but it has the usual bugs that this version fixed.

Any advice would be useful but the old version is work ok at the moment. ( I even tried a completely new install from scratch)
(2023-11-19, 23:13)mclingo Wrote: Hi, are there any issues with this build and windows 11, I cant get it to work with MADVR at all, just does nothing, no errors. Any ideas? It has to be something to do with windows all as if I dual boot into my windows 10 partition it works fine using the same portable build exactly. And... if I use the old version by arcnoz that still works but it has the usual bugs that this version fixed.

Any advice would be useful but the old version is work ok at the moment. ( I even tried a completely new install from scratch)

Still on Windows 10 and I frankly plan to stay there till support lasts. Don't see anything attractive in Windows 11, just extra problems. For the moment, at least. It sort of reminds me of Vista after 7.
I am sorry I'm unable to help, though.
Hi, it turned out to be filters but I still cant fix it, if I se it to use internal filters it works but when I use external it just wont play, I cant work it out. I'm actually just testing win11 as I have a major problem with movie playback I cant seem to fix on my windows 10 partition. about 2-3 times in a movie it freezes momentarily but only when using the MADVR renderer, I've spent weeks chucking stuff at it, new win10 build, different driver versions, different chipset drivers, even swapped out my ram and GPU the only thing I hadnt tried was replacing my mainboard and windows 11.

turns out it looks like it doing a similar thing with windows 11 so i'll probably be going back to win10 anyway. I still need to rule out my receiver and TV as possible problem areas too, sick of it now but MADVR is so much better than all the alternatives I need to fix it. 

Stock KODI 20 is ok with 4k HDR stuff but not as good with 1080p and lower I find, sharpness and clarity wise.
(2023-11-21, 14:13)mclingo Wrote: Stock KODI 20 is ok with 4k HDR stuff but not as good with 1080p and lower I find, sharpness and clarity wise.
I know, I have been asking for a better upscaling solution for ages... the most promising moment has been this one: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3159289 but everything went quiet on it... :-(

SuperVideoResolution with RTX Nvidia cards is not bad... but it's kinda too "black-boxy" for my tastes. Too little clarity on when it works, how it works, why it doesn't handle 1080p HDR content, etc.

I wish you good luck in solving your problem. I wonder if it might be a problem with permissions for the filters... it seems strange that internal filters work fine. Have you tried updating the internal filters directly? It's doable and maybe you will get the result you seek.
Yeah I think ive Tried everything bar using a completely different computer
I have found a small annoyance, I wonder if anyone has this or has found a fix.

So with my new projector, I can do custom modes like 47hz and 48hz and I use madvr to automatically switch the refresh rate between 47,48,50,59 and 60hz. Even though I uncheck the restore original mode, Kodi Dsplayer still does this if the refresh rate was changed. Nothing I have tried seems to help.

The current Kodi versions seem to have the option only switch at the playback start so with those switching with Kodi could work, but of course that won help with the old 17.6 build which also always restores the mode at playback stop.

Most of my content is 23.976 so it's a small annoyance, but the perfectionist in me would still like to find a fix. This does not happen with MPC so it has to be a Kodi Dsplayer feature.
(2023-12-03, 12:35)IT007 Wrote: I have found a small annoyance, I wonder if anyone has this or has found a fix.

So with my new projector, I can do custom modes like 47hz and 48hz and I use madvr to automatically switch the refresh rate between 47,48,50,59 and 60hz. Even though I uncheck the restore original mode, Kodi Dsplayer still does this if the refresh rate was changed. Nothing I have tried seems to help.

The current Kodi versions seem to have the option only switch at the playback start so with those switching with Kodi could work, but of course that won help with the old 17.6 build which also always restores the mode at playback stop.

Most of my content is 23.976 so it's a small annoyance, but the perfectionist in me would still like to find a fix. This does not happen with MPC so it has to be a Kodi Dsplayer feature.
You could post screens of relevant settings in both Kodi and madVR, plus a debug log of Kodi switching to video's refresh rate and then switching back when stopping.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8