• 4(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
That's correct.
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Thank for this build.

It's don't work for me on my HTPC. Kodi try launch with madvr but move to normal video player.
No issues with MPC-BE+MadVR.
No issues on my laptop
Strange...
Philips 65OLED804 (4K HDR10+/Dolby Vision) / Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro with Kodi 20 Nexus Marven for DV / Onkyo TX-NR474 + Jamo 809 Pack 5.0 + Sub Jamo 912
(2020-02-09, 03:32)Mordred Wrote: Is there anyway to get Shaders to work? I added the greyscale shader to the default media rule through the UI, and it looks like it's being completely ignored (i.e. nothing is greyscale). It's very possible I'm doing something wrong.

I also manually added the greyscale shader to the first entry in mediasconfig_internal.xml and it appeared to be ignored there as well.
Yes. In Users\ashlar\AppData\Kodi\userdata\dsplayer\mediasconfig.xml I have the following rule for 3D movies (a test for using anaglyph):

Code:
<rule name="3D SBS" filename=".*3D.*">
            <source filter="lavsource" />
            <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
            <video filter="lavvideo" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio" />
            <subs>
                <subs videoaspect="1.33|1.37:1.66|1.78|1.85" filter="xysubfilter" />
                <subs videoaspect="2.20|2.35|2.40" filter="directvobsub_(auto-loading_version)" />
            </subs>
            <shaders>
                <shader id="22" stage="postresize" />
            </shaders>
</rule>

I have defined shader 22 in Users\ashlar\AppData\Kodi\userdata\dsplayer\shaders.xml like this:
Code:
    <shader name="Anaglyph SBS Amber/Blue" id="22">
        <path>special://userdata/dsplayer/AnaglyphAmber-BlueSBS.psh</path>
        <profile>ps_2_0</profile>
    </shader>

It works perfectly with the latest build posted to this thread.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2020-02-07, 13:29)axbmcuser Wrote: Some smaller fixes from the original Kodi 17.6 GIT (7e52c1d)
  • Some changes to defaults "system\settings\settings.xml" (skip steps, hq scalers 20 to 0, screensaver disabled by default, gui sounds disabled by default, forced madvrsettingswithkodi=never (prevents crashes), forced madVR config set to "madVR decide/tray icon settings", ...)
    Changed default settings of DSPlayer to force default to MadVR tray settings to fix crashes with newer versions of MadVR

I read the above and thought it wouldn't overwrite existing custom settings. It did. Skip steps have changed, default select action for videos went back to Info (I had it set up as Play).
In my opinion there is really no reason to extend your idea of an ideal setup to the initial setup, outside of DSPlayer specific stuff (madVR settings for instance). Mind, I use no gui sounds as well. But skip steps? It took me some time to set them up. Now I have to redo that.
You say screensaver disabled by default and for plasma/OLED screens that's a BIG no.
It's strange because skip steps changed but screensaver remained as I had it set up before.

So... maybe it's not due to your build, but I thought it was worth mentioning, in case it is.

Apart from that, everything seems to work just fine so far.

Edit:
Since this is not my first rodeo, before updating I did a full backup of userdata directory and video database. As such, I am able to be more specific. Apparently the skip steps thing caused guisettings.xml to change in the userdata directory. This is not something I would expect to happen, as I've always thought that a new installation does not write to userdata folder. If I'm mistaken, do correct me.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
This is pretty sweet thanks for doing it. Going to play around with it later.
Thanks for this build @axbmcuser, working great so far Smile
(2020-02-10, 15:33)ashlar Wrote:
(2020-02-09, 03:32)Mordred Wrote: Is there anyway to get Shaders to work? I added the greyscale shader to the default media rule through the UI, and it looks like it's being completely ignored (i.e. nothing is greyscale). It's very possible I'm doing something wrong.

I also manually added the greyscale shader to the first entry in mediasconfig_internal.xml and it appeared to be ignored there as well.
Yes. In Users\ashlar\AppData\Kodi\userdata\dsplayer\mediasconfig.xml I have the following rule for 3D movies (a test for using anaglyph):

Code:
<rule name="3D SBS" filename=".*3D.*">
            <source filter="lavsource" />
            <splitter filter="lavsplitter" />
            <video filter="lavvideo" />
            <audio filter="lavaudio" />
            <subs>
                <subs videoaspect="1.33|1.37:1.66|1.78|1.85" filter="xysubfilter" />
                <subs videoaspect="2.20|2.35|2.40" filter="directvobsub_(auto-loading_version)" />
            </subs>
            <shaders>
                <shader id="22" stage="postresize" />
            </shaders>
</rule>

I have defined shader 22 in Users\ashlar\AppData\Kodi\userdata\dsplayer\shaders.xml like this:
Code:
    <shader name="Anaglyph SBS Amber/Blue" id="22">
        <path>special://userdata/dsplayer/AnaglyphAmber-BlueSBS.psh</path>
        <profile>ps_2_0</profile>
    </shader>

It works perfectly with the latest build posted to this thread.  

Interesting! I figured we needed to use mediasconfig_internal.xml since that was the only one with LAVFilters setup in it, and it actually lists the media rules @axbmcuser mentioned. I'm now very confused when that file is used, and why my shader tests were ignored in it.

I'll give this a try tonight.
Right now my only issue is that for some reason when I use MadVR I always need to apply a 160ms offset to the audio. This is easy enough to default to in the LAV Audio settings, but when DSPlayer is launching LAV Audio it uses the value of audio offset from Kodi, +1. Since typically you'd have a 0ms offset, LAV Audio is always showing 1ms. That's fine, but I don't want to have to manually change the offset every single video I play. I'd have thought the simple solution would just be to add the following to advancedsettings.xml:

xml:

<latency>
  <delay>160</delay>
</latency>

Unfortunately that setting is completely ignored (verified by setting delay to 1600 and noticing lip sync was still only slightly off). It'd be great if there were a generalized solution so I don't have to add a custom offset for every single file.
Never noticed I needed an offset (and should have nothing to do with Madvr, as Madvr is only part of the video render display chain) -with the original way Dsplayer was set to interface with LAV audio and splitter, is it just took care of itself -  are you sure you have everything setup right? refresh rate matching etc?
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
(2020-02-10, 19:47)oldpainless Wrote: Never noticed I needed an offset (and should have nothing to do with Madvr, as Madvr is only part of the video render display chain) -with the original way Dsplayer was set to interface with LAV audio and splitter, is it just took care of itself -  are you sure you have everything setup right? refresh rate matching etc?

Yes, pretty sure I have everything setup correctly. MadVR reports display is at 23.97x  frame rate, etc. Like I said, I had this same issue using MPC-BE and MadVR. There are definite lipsync issues, so much that my wife even notices on occasion. I do not have the same issue on Regular Kodi.
(2020-02-10, 19:10)Mordred Wrote: Right now my only issue is that for some reason when I use MadVR I always need to apply a 160ms offset to the audio. This is easy enough to default to in the LAV Audio settings, but when DSPlayer is launching LAV Audio it uses the value of audio offset from Kodi, +1. Since typically you'd have a 0ms offset, LAV Audio is always showing 1ms. That's fine, but I don't want to have to manually change the offset every single video I play. I'd have thought the simple solution would just be to add the following to advancedsettings.xml:

xml:

<latency>
  <delay>160</delay>
</latency>

Unfortunately that setting is completely ignored (verified by setting delay to 1600 and noticing lip sync was still only slightly off). It'd be great if there were a generalized solution so I don't have to add a custom offset for every single file.
Open LAV Audio from Kodi, during playback (Video settings/Direct Show filters or whatever it's called I don't remember). Set the audio delay there. Although, to be honest, I remember not needing to do this and having the correct offset in advancedsettings.xml. Are you sure about the syntax there?

Also, regarding this:

Quote:Interesting! I figured we needed to use mediasconfig_internal.xml since that was the only one with LAVFilters setup in it, and it actually lists the media rules @axbmcuser mentioned. I'm now very confused when that file is used, and why my shader tests were ignored in it.
Note that I use external LAV Filters, as such I don't touch anything inside the installation directory, everything is in Userdata. I suggest you do the same. I understand the need to include LAV Filters in the setup file but, if you need what you're doing, I think keeping filters external is a better solution. IMHO, obviously.
(2020-02-10, 20:19)ashlar Wrote:
(2020-02-10, 19:10)Mordred Wrote: Right now my only issue is that for some reason when I use MadVR I always need to apply a 160ms offset to the audio. This is easy enough to default to in the LAV Audio settings, but when DSPlayer is launching LAV Audio it uses the value of audio offset from Kodi, +1. Since typically you'd have a 0ms offset, LAV Audio is always showing 1ms. That's fine, but I don't want to have to manually change the offset every single video I play. I'd have thought the simple solution would just be to add the following to advancedsettings.xml:

xml:

<latency>
  <delay>160</delay>
</latency>

Open LAV Audio from Kodi, during playback (Video settings/Direct Show filters or whatever it's called I don't remember). Set the audio delay there. Although, to be honest, I remember not needing to do this and having the correct offset in advancedsettings.xml. Are you sure about the syntax there?
I should have been more clear. Let's say I set the offset to 100ms through the audio menu in Kodi during playback. I then open up LAV Audio and the audio delay is shown as 99 or 101 (can't remember, but it's one off from what I set in Kodi). I can then change the value to something else (say 300) and it works. However, when I stop the video and restart it, the value I set in LAV Audio is overwritten again by whatever Kodi thinks the offset is, so it'd be reset to 100ms. If I don't have a value set in Kodi, then the LAV Audio offset is always 1, regardless of whatever I manually change it while a video is running or outside Kodi completely.
Installed Bettergui003 yesterday.
Before first start, copied all userdata content from the exisiting DSPlayer version. Though the existing one is x32 and the Bettergui is x64, it started without any problems.

Tested the version with a different skin (Arctic Zephyr), 21:9 content with custom visible screen area in madVR and also 3D.
So far no (obvious) problems.

At least not related to Kodi itself.
The only problem I had, was displaying 3D content with the new Bettergui version. That works only when using internal filters. After using media rules and LAVFilters 0.74.1, 3D was not activated anymore.
That may be due to a misconfiguration of LAVFilters or a change in the current version of them.
Was anyone able to use 3D with LAFVilters 0.74.1 ?
@icebaer

Just a quick question for my internal statistics:
Do you use the custom "visible screen area function" for your 21:9 setup via madVR tray config or do you use the separate custom function under
Kodi -> System -> Settings -> Player -> DSPlayer -> "Move OSD into active video area" ?

My question has nothing to do with the rest of your post, i'm just curious for statistics.

Thanks much.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Is it not portable or am I just a noob? Looks like a regular installer.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8