• 5(current)
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)
(2020-02-11, 21:34)axbmcuser Wrote: Do you use the custom "visible screen area function" for your 21:9 setup via madVR tray config or do you use the separate custom function under
Kodi -> System -> Settings -> Player -> DSPlayer -> "Move OSD into active video area" ?
Both, "define visible screen area" and "move OSD into active video area" are enabled from within madVR.
(2020-02-12, 03:43)lightsout Wrote: Is it not portable or am I just a noob? Looks like a regular installer.
You just have to start kodi.exe with an additional parameter: "-p" (=portable).
@icebaer
Thanks and sorry for having to ask again, but that "Both," makes me a little uncertain.
You mean: Mentioned functions are both _disabled_ in Kodi itself, but both activated in madVR - correct?
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2020-02-12, 12:46)axbmcuser Wrote: @icebaer
Thanks and sorry for having to ask again, but that "Both," makes me a little uncertain.
You mean: Mentioned functions are both _disabled_ in Kodi itself, but both activated in madVR - correct?
No worries, just ask Wink

In Kodi "move OSD" is checked, while "define visible screen area" isn't.
In madVR both are checked, when playing 21:9 content (by activating a profile). Otherwise not.

I wasn't even aware, that there was such a setting in Kodi  Angel
After activating, the GUI zoomed directly to 21:9, which would be ideal for my screen. Unfortunately all texts were strechted too. And even worse, images/covers were cut off at top and bottom.
That happended in both Kodi instances, 17.6DS and 17.6DS-Bettergui.
So I went back to 16:9.
@icebaer
Oh. I see. :- D
Do you think you will need this function from inside Kodi?
I just was about to remove it for cleanup reasons since i assumed it's such an exotic function which has no real life users.
If you have good use on your unusual 21:9 setup i have no problem keeping it. But as i understand you tried it with the result of it being no use for you, correct?
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2020-02-10, 19:10)Mordred Wrote: Right now my only issue is that for some reason when I use MadVR I always need to apply a 160ms offset to the audio. This is easy enough to default to in the LAV Audio settings, but when DSPlayer is launching LAV Audio it uses the value of audio offset from Kodi, +1. Since typically you'd have a 0ms offset, LAV Audio is always showing 1ms. That's fine, but I don't want to have to manually change the offset every single video I play. I'd have thought the simple solution would just be to add the following to advancedsettings.xml:
xml:

<latency>
  <delay>160</delay>
</latency>

Unfortunately that setting is completely ignored (verified by setting delay to 1600 and noticing lip sync was still only slightly off). It'd be great if there were a generalized solution so I don't have to add a custom offset for every single file.
I have things working perfectly with this in my advancedsettings.xml.
Code:

<video>
          <latency>
                   <delay>0</delay>
                   <refresh>
                            <min>23</min>
                            <max>24</max>
                            <delay>225</delay>
                   </refresh>
          </latency>
   </video>
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2020-02-12, 21:25)axbmcuser Wrote: @icebaer
Oh. I see. :- D
Do you think you will need this function from inside Kodi?
I just was about to remove it for cleanup reasons since i assumed it's such an exotic function which has no real life users.
If you have good use on your unusual 21:9 setup i have no problem keeping it. But as i understand you tried it with the result of it being no use for you, correct?

No, I don't mind if you delete it.
@icebear
I left it in for now and just renamed it with a better label choice: "OSD" instead of "Zoom"

@all
New version online, see first post 1+2

2020-02-13 Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI004
  • Removed more items/code of the old Kodi DSPlayer<>madVR settings sync which should now be fully removed ("Fullscreen exclusive mode", "Delay playback until render queue is full" etc.).
    Everything can now be set up in madVR itself without Kodi DSPlayer interfering
    Also: Removed "script.madvrsettings" and "repository.dsplayer" addons from being part to the core install. You can uninstall them now if you still have them installed via your userdata.
  • Fixed display of language name in "Audio Selector OSD" & "Subtitle Selector OSD" when using regular "VideoPlayer" (= when not using "DSPlayer" as a player). Now identical to Kodi internal selector when using regular VideoPlayer.
  • Cleanup LAV Source Splitter audio and subtitle subtitle track names for "Audio Selector OSD" & "Subtitle Selector OSD" (better usability). Please enable "Show stream details from selected splitter" in DSPlayer settings.
    Also: Shortened display of audio language for certain situations: Before: English (United States) Now: English
    Also: Removed cluttered additional "(X/X)" track count for "Audio Selector OSD" & "Subtitle Selector OSD"
    Example (Before = cluttered usability mess):
    Code:
    Before: Director's Commentary [eng] (dts-hd hra, 48000 Hz, 11 Channels, 1280 kb/s) (3/3)
    Now: Director's Commentary [eng] (dts-hd hra, 11ch)
  • Moved "Kodi -> System -> Settings -> Player -> DSPlayer" menu item to to the top of the menu list under "Kodi -> System -> Settings -> Player" (Before: At the end of the menu list)
  • Renamed some sections/groups/items in DSPlayer settings (better label choices): Before: Zoom Now: OSD, Split up Video and Audio Renderer sections with separate labels
  • Misc: Permanently disabled internal old "Audio DSP" addons for Kodi 17 core. This has been completely removed right after the release of KODI 17 because functionality has been unfinished/broken.
This seems to work just as well as the old x86 DSPlayer I have but a few of the changes you're making are definitely crossing the line into personal preference and imo, should be left alone.  Namely Skip Steps and the options to toggle core MadVR processing settings during playback.  Banding Reduction is something that needs altering depending on the content and having that option ripped out is no good.

Personally, I'd have preferred it if you'd just added the Better Scaling code and left it at that.
agreed Beeswax, everything can go but we need to access to MADVR processing in GUI, this is quite important and is the only thing preventing me from full time moving to this build. The reason is, there is a lot of poorly compressed / mastered content and blurays out there and you often need to adjust your processing on the fly until you can find something you can live with, going all the way out an in is a bit of a none started as its much hard to compare changes.

Thanks for you continued time on this build though.
@beeswax

The madVR settings page and settings addons have to go in order to get the wanted and extensively discussed more robust future proof build.

If you want to switch stuff like banding settings around on the fly, the recommended "official" way for madVR is to do so with madVR's native and great rules-, groups- and keyboard-shortcut-features.

Regarding seek step defaults:
There is nothing special about the changed seek step defaults. Just the defaults have changed. If you want to change them to what has been the default in the past, you can do so of course.
(2020-02-13, 16:57)axbmcuser Wrote: Regarding seek step defaults:
There is nothing special about the changed seek step defaults. Just the defaults have changed. If you want to change them to what has been the default in the past, you can do so of course.

I think the issue is that they reported that after installing your build, their custom skip-steps got replaced by those of your build.
(2020-02-13, 17:49)solidservo Wrote:

I think the issue is that they reported that after installing your build, their custom skip-steps got replaced by those of your build.    

There have been no changes regardinging overwriting existing settings. It's a simple and non instrusive change to _only_ the defaults.

I tested the mentioned scenario multiple times with no problems:

- Clean install with clean defaults
- Changed defaults to user wanted settings (seeks steps for example)
- Install Kodi again via setup to same location
- User settings are still there. No overwrite of seek steps (in this example).

If there is a suspected case of overwriting such an existing setting the cause most likely lies in one of many countless other possible reasons for such a scenario.
It's not the simple minimal change of some default settings. If this really was the case, Kodi would overwrite user settings with defaults all the time and no one would be able to keep their user settings on Kodi. :- )
(2020-02-13, 04:07)ashlar Wrote:
(2020-02-10, 19:10)Mordred Wrote: Right now my only issue is that for some reason when I use MadVR I always need to apply a 160ms offset to the audio. This is easy enough to default to in the LAV Audio settings, but when DSPlayer is launching LAV Audio it uses the value of audio offset from Kodi, +1. Since typically you'd have a 0ms offset, LAV Audio is always showing 1ms. That's fine, but I don't want to have to manually change the offset every single video I play. I'd have thought the simple solution would just be to add the following to advancedsettings.xml:
xml:

<latency>
  <delay>160</delay>
</latency>

Unfortunately that setting is completely ignored (verified by setting delay to 1600 and noticing lip sync was still only slightly off). It'd be great if there were a generalized solution so I don't have to add a custom offset for every single file.
Code:

<video>
          <latency>
                   <delay>0</delay>
                   <refresh>
                            <min>23</min>
                            <max>24</max>
                            <delay>225</delay>
                   </refresh>
          </latency>
   </video>

I'm an idiot. For some reason I never tried the <refresh> blocks (even though I had it in my master advancedsettings.xml!), figuring the global <delay> would be the only thing needed. It works perfectly with that in there. Thanks!
(2020-02-13, 19:09)Mordred Wrote:
(2020-02-13, 04:07)ashlar Wrote:
xml:

<latency>
  <delay>160</delay>
</latency>

Code:

<video>
          <latency>
                   <delay>0</delay>
                   <refresh>
                            <min>23</min>
                            <max>24</max>
                            <delay>225</delay>
                   </refresh>
          </latency>
   </video>

I'm an idiot. For some reason I never tried the <refresh> blocks (even though I had it in my master advancedsettings.xml!), figuring the global <delay> would be the only thing needed. It works perfectly with that in there. Thanks! 
Great! The best moments of the internet are exactly ones like this. Helping people. I am sorry I made you wait, I needed to remember about this while having access to my HTPC. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Hi! I was the one reporting about seek steps: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2923222

As I wrote, guisettings.xml got changed there. Don't know why but it happened. As mentioned I had backed up the whole userdata directory before installing your build, so I am sure of what I'm saying.
Also, I consider very important *not* to disable screensaver by default. If somebody forgets about it, it could make the difference between a ruined plasma/OLED and a saved one.
(2020-02-13, 16:57)axbmcuser Wrote: The madVR settings page and settings addons have to go in order to get the wanted and extensively discussed more robust future proof build.
When you talk about "more robust future proof build" what have you got in mind? An update to Kodi 18/19 code base or what?

In any case, yes, I agree with others. I would leave everything not strictly related to DSPlayer at its default settings. You risk coloring the build base on your personal tastes (and I stress once more that I agree with you on most choices but still...).
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 (2020 build)8