• 3(current)
Mark-III
Okay, so I added my own custom button to a group. When I press up it skips over that button and goes to the 2nd one up (the one that used to be last). How do I tell it there is a new button in the group?
I'd like to make the XBOX tehme the default theme for the XBMC Favorites installer because 95% of the people who use the Installer are using the XBOX. How can I do this? I'd like to have the current default theme to still be available (for the Linux users).

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Hitcher Wrote:Basically song starts - cover and track details appear on screen over the vis - 5/10 seconds later it fades out/disappears showing on the vis - next track starts - repeat.

Possible?

Umm isn't that the default behaviour of XBMC if you don't manually make it show with the white or black button ont he controller ?
Bram77 Wrote:I'd like to make the XBOX tehme the default theme for the XBMC Favorites installer because 95% of the people who use the Installer are using the XBOX. How can I do this? I'd like to have the current default theme to still be available (for the Linux users).

Aside from repacking the main textures.xpr with the background in it you can't that I know
kricker Wrote:Okay, so I added my own custom button to a group. When I press up it skips over that button and goes to the 2nd one up (the one that used to be last). How do I tell it there is a new button in the group?

More info needed like pastebin.com the file so I can look at it
http://pastebin.com/m5653e75

Lines 419-424 contain the added button. This adds a sixth button to that menu, but onlt 5 are visible because I do not have a music videos library. Pressing up from the main group the 2nd to last on gets highlited.

Thanks for taking a look.
well adding the sixth button is your problem you will need to remove one of the others to get nav to work properly from the main sideways moving control
PHP Code:
<control type="wraplist" id="2">
                                        <
posx>0</posx>
                                        <
posy>175</posy>
                                        <
height>192</height>
                                        <
width>1280</width>
                                        <
onup>105</onup
see the <onup>105</onup> so I suggest you eith over wite one you don't like or want or you need to add a control 106 to all the sub groups and change that.
Jezz_X Wrote:...
see the <onup>105</onup> so I suggest you eith over wite one you don't like or want or you need to add a control 106 to all the sub groups and change that.
So ALL subgroups for all main buttons must have the same number of controls? Is this the right code for a "blank" button:
PHP Code:
                    <control type="button" id="105">
                        <
description>Button5</description>
                        <
label>-</label>
                        <
onclick>-</onclick>
                        <include>
ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
                        <
visible>false</visible>
                    </
control
It appears so to me.
well they don't "need" to but if you want nav to work properly and always go to the bottom one on UP fromthe main group then yes they do
and P>S your example shows id="105" you want 106
Jezz_X Wrote:well they don't "need" to but if you want nav to work properly and always go to the bottom one on UP fromthe main group then yes they do
and P>S your example shows id="105" you want 106
True, I just copied and pasted from what I thought was a blank button. Thanks for the info. I might just change it to
PHP Code:
<onup>101</onup
and forgo adding a bunch of blank butons. It'll always start at the top of the list, but that is where I mainly go to anyhow, so less button pressing.
Nice work man this skin is great. I had been checking up on skins in about a year and I'm glad I did just a week ago and found the Vision2 skin which I couldnt believe how good it was compared to what I was using. Then yesterday I found this skin and it is everything that I wanted. I like the media info view since I'm running in 4:3.

I do have a couple of question one is when I update movies to the libary sometimes it changes the name completely (example movie called RISE was added to my libary as Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines) or change to a different language. I could not find a way to see the filename so I could correct the issues from the libary & movie information views. Is there a way to view it? if not could the filename by add to the movie information screen?

Second question for some movies I have it doesnt bring back any plot information but it does have it on imdb (example is Cleaner (2007)) is there a way to fix that or even manually add the information?

Thanks for a awesome skin,

PS I'm going to kill the kittens..................................
Awesome skin!! I have been using it on my Linux build for the last few days. Only issue I seem to be having is it doesn't appear to be working with the Apple Movie Trailer Plugin. Anyone else tried it? It seems to get stuck on "Executing Query Please wait a moment...". I like to use the Apple Plugin so hopefully this will be implemented or fixed in a future update. Love the skin though, looks great on my Projector.

Kevin
ould Wrote:Awesome skin!! I have been using it on my Linux build for the last few days. Only issue I seem to be having is it doesn't appear to be working with the Apple Movie Trailer Plugin. Anyone else tried it? It seems to get stuck on "Executing Query Please wait a moment...". I like to use the Apple Plugin so hopefully this will be implemented or fixed in a future update. Love the skin though, looks great on my Projector.

Kevin

I think you will find thats actually a bug with python currenty not with the skin python is having issues on multi core machines at the moment
Jezz_X Wrote:I think you will find thats actually a bug with python currenty not with the skin python is having issues on multi core machines at the moment

Thanks for the update. The script is working ok with the Project Mayhem III standard skin so I assumed maybe it wasn't implemented yet in this skin. I will have to try it on another machine or on my xbox and see what happens. Again great skin, it's my favourite so far.

Kevin
Just to update I tried the skin on my Xbox and I got the same issue with Apple Movie Trailer Script, still doesn't work. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks,

Kevin
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark-III0