• 5(current)
WIP Arctic Horizon
Wowww!!

I’m amazed!!!!!!

Will it be for Leia or the next Matrix version of kodi? 

simply beautiful
(2020-02-22, 15:50)sasquatchjaques Wrote: In respect to the home screen will there be an option to have icons on the left hand side and then a left press expands / displays the menu {like it currently shows} ? This way with just icons the home screen will be a large area to display widget content etc without such a large area for the menu content ?

Loving the look of the banner view on the home screen and info view - cant wait to test out the alpha / beta when its ready to drop. Top job as always

I've actually been experimenting with an icon only version and it works quite well:

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-02-23, 22:06)cawigab Wrote: Wowww!!

I’m amazed!!!!!!

simply beautiful

(2020-02-22, 19:23)lightsout Wrote: This is stunning. Any chance it will work with v17 for those of us sticking with dsplayer?

(A guy can dream)

Thanks guys!

@lightsout - Unfortunately v18+
It might still work on v17 with a few tweaks though.

@cawigab - Currently coding for Leia and will transition to Matrix when Matrix is officially released.
(2020-02-22, 20:14)myghalloween Wrote: yet another promising skin ! Thank you @jurialmunkey  !
Here are some wishes and some ways to make it essential:
  • Responsive design (21/9 screens)
  • I think that it is absolutely necessary to plan a good integration of the addon "Advanced Emulator Launcher" which currently remains the best alternative for advanced retrogaming thanks to the wide choice of emulators and personalized launchers. All the possibilities of AEL are not compulsory, but some views for each type of covers (poster, wide like N64 and SNES, and square like Dreamcast and PSX) with essential information like the number of player, genre, synopsis ...
  • I also think that the vertical bars separating the information should be replaced by bullets to give more lightness to the skin. The "|", the "/" break the natural design of the skin.
  • With a theme called Arctic Horizon, I would tend to integrate a horizontal menu like AZ2 into it. It's so much more aesthetically pleasing and more practical (personal opinion). Above all, it allows you to group more elements in a more restricted space giving more space to the different widgets, fanarts, photo slideshow ...
I really like the simplicity and the aesthetics of the low horizontal menu with date and weather, which gradually rises as you navigate through the widgets:
Elements don't come in all directions, it is beautiful, it is fluid... This is what I call natural navigation Wink

Responsive design is probably unlikely. I think I would need to rewrite the entire skin from scratch to achieve that (it's built on a base of AZ2) and it's a lot of work for something I will never need as all my screens are 16:9

AEL I will try to support as much as I can (even though I don't use it personally). Mechevarria's additions to AZ2 have given me a good idea of what elements are supported and how to support them. There are three main views in the skin that represent aspects of Poster, Landscape, and Square - so these should fit in fairly easily.

I prefer the pipe | to bullets. I can't do anything about the forward slash / separator as that is an advancedsettings user based setting.

It's called Horizon as a nod to my previous skin Horizon which focused on a similar vertical home menu. As much as I like the basic home layout in AZ2, it is very much a thorn in my side to get it to behave correctly. Also, this skin very much focuses on the content rather than backgrounds - that's why the two background options are either Blur or the Aura/Horizon type Background Overlay.
(2020-02-24, 00:17)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-23, 22:06)cawigab Wrote: Wowww!!

I’m amazed!!!!!!

simply beautiful

(2020-02-22, 19:23)lightsout Wrote: This is stunning. Any chance it will work with v17 for those of us sticking with dsplayer?

(A guy can dream)

Thanks guys!

@lightsout - Unfortunately v18+
It might still work on v17 with a few tweaks though.

@cawigab - Currently coding for Leia and will transition to Matrix when Matrix is officially released.

Thanks for the feedback.
(2020-02-24, 00:13)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 15:50)sasquatchjaques Wrote: In respect to the home screen will there be an option to have icons on the left hand side and then a left press expands / displays the menu {like it currently shows} ? This way with just icons the home screen will be a large area to display widget content etc without such a large area for the menu content ?

Loving the look of the banner view on the home screen and info view - cant wait to test out the alpha / beta when its ready to drop. Top job as always

I've actually been experimenting with an icon only version and it works quite well:

My hope is that there will be some styling available for the side bar? Optional Kodi logo, background color, etc...

Quote:Also, this skin very much focuses on the content rather than backgrounds - that's why the two background options are either Blur or the Aura/Horizon type Background Overlay.

Also, does this mean no fanart backdrop?

it could make me appreciate a vertical menu Wink
(2020-02-24, 02:21)drinfernoo Wrote:

My hope is that there will be some styling available for the side bar? Optional Kodi logo, background color, etc...
Quote:Also, this skin very much focuses on the content rather than backgrounds - that's why the two background options are either Blur or the Aura/Horizon type Background Overlay.

A fanart that would overlap after several seconds without moving from the selection (like text overlay) would be really nice effect ! Love
I really wish we could display the fanart in the information screen (like for AZ)...

Kodi logo takes the primary colour of the gradient highlight. Theres an option to swap with a different icon.

Side panel takes the dialog bg colour - so dark dialogs has a dark side panel, light dialogs has a light side panel.

There's an option for background fanart, it just has the primary highlight colour overlay/vignette on top (eg aura style) - I had a screenshot of this look earlier in the thread.
(2020-02-24, 04:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-24, 00:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: I've actually been experimenting with an icon only version and it works quite well:

Kodi logo takes the primary colour of the gradient highlight. Theres an option to swap with a different icon.

Side panel takes the dialog bg colour - so dark dialogs has a dark side panel, light dialogs has a light side panel.

There's an option for background fanart, it just has the primary highlight colour overlay/vignette on top (eg aura style) - I had a screenshot of this look earlier in the thread.

Those definitely quell my concerns! Just let me know when to throw it up on the repo Wink
(2020-02-24, 04:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-24, 00:13)jurialmunkey Wrote: I've actually been experimenting with an icon only version and it works quite well:

If like to see the dark side panel if you can share a screenshot for us
Here you go:
That looks really nice Smile
Can the kodi icon be swapped with the profile picture of the user currently logged in?
(2020-02-24, 10:52)Krismyklebust Wrote: That looks really nice Smile
Can the kodi icon be swapped with the profile picture of the user currently logged in?

Ah that's a really great idea! Definitely will add that to the options.
Oh yes, very good idea !
I'd like to play with menu and overlay transparency if possible.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon7