Release Order Favourites
(2021-03-25, 14:17)doko-desuka Wrote: Great, thanks for the follow-up.
Was a good addon on Kodi 18.9
In Kodi 19 it workes for some seconds and than often kills kodi.
@grobiralf the link to it is in the main page description: https://github.com/doko-desuka/plugin.pr...favourites
Question, do you have a Kodi Repo URL we can use? Would be nice to have Kodi auto update instead of manually installing the .zip files.

Either way thanks for keeping this addon maintained. It's a pity Kodi did not build in such a simple yet crucial feature. Been using your addon for a long time now and love it.
"We won't tell you what to do, not to do or how to use our software." -DarrenHill
(2021-07-14, 06:30)neo_ Wrote: Question, do you have a Kodi Repo URL we can use? Would be nice to have Kodi auto update instead of manually installing the .zip files.

Either way thanks for keeping this addon maintained. It's a pity Kodi did not build in such a simple yet crucial feature. Been using your addon for a long time now and love it.
@neo_ sorry for taking so long to answer, I don't know why I don't get forum notifications.
I don't plan on updating this anytime soon, so such a thing isn't really necessary. If there comes a breaking change from some future Kodi version, I hope others can help port this tool to that version.
(2021-07-03, 05:03)doko-desuka Wrote: @grobiralf there's an experimental branch for Matrix (19), have you tried that?

I repeat that it's experimental -- make sure to backup your Favourites.xml file before using it.

The link to it is in the main page description: https://github.com/doko-desuka/plugin.pr...favourites

I tried the experimental branch on Kodi 19.3 and it seems to works with two issues:
  • The add-on has no icon, which seems unprofessional (minor issue but still should be fixed)
  • When changing the order of the favorites and then clicking Save and exit the Kodi freezes for 10 seconds and then restart (critical issue)
This is a great and useful add-on but especially with the second issue, it can't be used on Kodi 19. 
Can you please fix it?
(2021-10-30, 18:43)lookup Wrote: The add-on has no icon, which seems unprofessional (minor issue but still should be fixed)
Hi, I can probably fix that by adding the <icon> asset tag to the addon.xml file, as it's missing because older Kodis would just use the PNG file automatically, so I never wrote it in. The change needed would be this: https://github.com/doko-desuka/plugin.pr...ml#L44-L46
Done. Icon properly added.
(2021-10-30, 18:43)lookup Wrote: When changing the order of the favorites and then clicking Save and exit the Kodi freezes for 10 seconds and then restart (critical issue)
For that one I'll need the help of someone that uses Kodi 19+ and can debug this, because I'm using 18 Leia.
Could any Kodi Matrix power-users help figure this problem out?
Please consider adding the option to store favourites on a shared drive it’s so annoying not being able to have all my devices sync to a central location
Hi @jameson123,
Have you tried SuperFavourites, made by someone else? It uses its own system for storing favourites instead of Kodi's built-in favourites.

I really wanted Order Favourites to just manage Kodi's own Favourites.xml file.

So you could try resolving this from the Kodi side of things, trying to make them all reference the same favourites.xml file. This warrants its own thread, but to give you a start I think the only way to do this is with a advancedsettings.xml file on each Kodi installation, using path substitution to make all Kodis reference the same favourites.xml file stored in that shared drive: https://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution
(2021-11-30, 17:02)jameson123 Wrote: Please consider adding the option to store favourites on a shared drive it’s so annoying not being able to have all my devices sync to a central location

Doesn't "Path Substitution" still work for this? It used to.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Is there a step by step instructions on how to download, input, and install order favorites for matrix?
I don’t know where to start like file manager or some where else?
this add on is exactly what I need. 
thanks
Hi @adewolf1, I've cleaned up the text(s) in the Github repo for this add-on, please see if it's clearer now. 

You go to the releases page, grab the ZIP file for Kodi Matrix (as the other one is for Kodi Leia), install it in Kodi by going to the Add-ons Browser, use the "Install from ZIP file" dialog to select the add-on ZIP file that can be in your device storage or USB flash drive etc.

Actual instructions on how to use the add-on are on the main page on Github.
Maybe somebody could help make this compatible with more skins? Since this only works on Estuary.
It great plugin, but I miss one function and that is "add categories".
So you can sort your favorites even better.
I tried my hand at it, but the code doesn't seem to be quite right, I only ever get the first entry in favourite.xml.
Does anyone have any ideas?

What I added:
-----
Es tolles Plugin, aber mir fehlt eine Funktion und zwar "Kategorien hinzuzufügen".
So kann man seine Favoriten noch besser sortieren.
Ich habe mich daran versucht, aber der Code scheint nicht ganz korrekt zu sein, mir wird immer nur der ersten Eintrag in der favourite.xml angezeigt.
Hat jemand eine Idee?

Was ich hinzugefügt habe:

default.py

python:

class CustomFavouritesDialog(xbmcgui.WindowXMLDialog):
303: self.doCategory,

pyhton:

def doReload(self):
    def doCategory(self):
        if xbmcgui.Dialog().yesno(
            'Kategoriename',
            'Kategoriename hinzufügen\nProceed?'
        ):
            # Eingabeaufforderung für den Kategorienamen
            keyboard = xbmc.Keyboard('', 'Kategoriename eingeben')
            keyboard.doModal()
            if keyboard.isConfirmed():
                category_name = keyboard.getText()
                # Hinzufügen des Eintrags in der favourites.xml-Datei
                file = xbmcvfs.File(FAVOURITES_PATH)
                contents = DECODE_STRING(file.read())

xmlText = contents.replace('</favourites>', '   <favourite name="{}" thumb="URL">===[{}]===</favourite>\n</favourites>'.format(category_name, category_name))

if not xmlText:
                    return False
                try:
                    file = xbmcvfs.File(FAVOURITES_PATH, 'w')
                    file.write(xmlText)
                    file.close()
                except Exception as e:
                    raise Exception('ERROR: unable to write to the Favourites file. Nothing was saved.')
                return True

CustomFavouritesDialog.xml
xml:

<control type="grouplist">
                <control type="button" id="303">
                    <height>100</height>
                    <onleft>200</onleft>
                    <onright>100</onright>
                    <textcolor>white</textcolor>
                    <label>Kategorie</label>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <texturefocus colordiffuse="FF12A0C7">BGWhite.png</texturefocus>
                    <texturenofocus colordiffuse="30FFFFFF">BGWhite.png</texturenofocus>
                </control>

I would be glad about any help.
----
Über Hilfe würde ich mich freuen.
I updated this to 1.3.0 and changed the reordering action: you select item A, then select item B and they'll swap places.
As it was before, A was removed then re-inserted in front of B, which was confusing at times, especially if you were trying to line up your items on your Favourites grid.

You can grab 1.3.0 from the Releases page:
https://github.com/doko-desuka/plugin.pr...s/releases

Edit: for use on skins other than Estuary, make sure you're using at least version 1.4.0.
@doko-desuka - As discussed. I have now created a Repository with 2 forked versions of the Order Favourites Program Addon that work in all skins. Tested skins are Aeon Nox: SiLVO, Confluence, Estouchy, and Estuary.

ImageRepository of MB-Kodi Addons
The repo is located at https://m-borsch.github.io/repository.kodi.mb/

Version 2.0 of the Repo
Program Addon: "Order Favourites - Swap Version"
  • an addon that allows you to easily re-order your favourites using the "swap" method. Works in all skins including the Confluence skin.

Program Addon: "Order Favourites"
  • an addon that allows you to easily re-order your favourites. Works in all skins including the Confluence skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Order Favourites0