xbmc and wifi
hi

i'm experiencing some problems using xbmc whit wifi

im using today SVN PPA build

the computer i'm using has a ethernet card and a wireless one
when i am connected on ethernet i can acces my smb share saved in sources.xml

but if i connect by wifi and unplug the ethernet cable the share became unbrowsable.
It's probably an issue outside of xbmc, as I assume xbmc would just be relying on the box's routes. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Can you access your shares via ubuntu when your pull your eth and are just on wireless? If not then I'd search the ubuntu forums...
return null;
xgrep Wrote:It's probably an issue outside of xbmc, as I assume xbmc would just be relying on the box's routes. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Can you access your shares via ubuntu when your pull your eth and are just on wireless? If not then I'd search the ubuntu forums...

yes of course it work

it can be possible that xbmc try to acces lan by the first interface it can list ?
i have checked again and i can browse the share with the adding sources screen
but i can't browse directly by the sources screen ...
I would assume xbmc uses the routing table to determine which gateway/interface to use. (I'm not an xbmc dev, so I could be wrong).

Is your eth and wireless on the same subnet?

In anycase, you should follow the instructions here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 and post your runtime logs.
return null;
Why would we do all that crap when there's a perfectly good OS beneath us to handle it?
xgrep Wrote:I would assume xbmc uses the routing table to determine which gateway/interface to use. (I'm not an xbmc dev, so I could be wrong).

Is your eth and wireless on the same subnet?

In anycase, you should follow the instructions here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655 and post your runtime logs.

it's what i am thinking too

i have checked the debug log when i try to acces to a share by wireless but there is nothing about interface or samba problem.

i use an SVN PPA Daily build (R. 14418)
on Ubuntu 8.04 x86_32 totaly up to date (2.6.24-19-generic)
i tryed to set the internal ethernet card to Off in BIOS
and all works fine now.

but i'ld like to be able to let it on and have xbmc use the wireless card instead.
Be warned, wireless SUCKS for media streaming.
i have tested to play some movies
and with my 200Mbps wireless connection i dont have any problems.

no idea for the eth/wlan sharing problem ?
is there any tips on how to improve wireless streaming? cache settings?

My wireless generally works well but every now and then it just stops playback and I have to reopen the media file and find my place (even with resume from last position on). Using beta 2 on ubuntu

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc and wifi0