Broken 3sat Mediathek - HTTP Error 404: Not Found
Hi,
I have installed addon "3sat Mediathek", but everytime I start to play content I get this error:
HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Here is the complete error message.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to post this error here in the forum.
But the addon owner has not worked on the source code since years.

Please advise.

THX
I'm the author. The add-on worked fine despite being years old until they switched to the new ZDF backend/API.

Currently, I'm busy porting/reworking around 20 add-ons to Matrix, including 3sat. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to fix the Leia versions.
(2020-03-02, 21:26)sarbes Wrote: I'm the author. The add-on worked fine despite being years old until they switched to the new ZDF backend/API.

Currently, I'm busy porting/reworking around 20 add-ons to Matrix, including 3sat. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to fix the Leia versions.
Hi "sarbes" - are you author "membrane" or are you author "68000a" Huh

I'm working here on LinuxMint 20 using Kodi 18.7, with 3Sat addon 1.3.7, using Libmediathek3 1.5.23, Lib3sat 1.2.9 and BeautifulSoup4 4.5.3

3Sat-Addon works in this configuration very good

On the same Hardware, booting via USB-Stick in Libreelec 18.7, with exactly same addon and dependencies it does NOT work good, but very slow and the films will not play.

I'm very confused because this is not really logicHuh?

What do you think?
I am/was membrane. I'm the original author of all add-ons relating to the German public TV broadcasters.

The 68000a guy forked my repository some time ago, which I only discovered recently. I was pretty busy porting and rewriting my add-ons for Kodi 19, which took a lot of effort. Due to changes of the various interfaces, he rewrote a some add-ons which are scraping the HTML websites directly. This is a bit slow and error prone. I've invested the time to implement proper APIs. Unfortunately he didn't contacted me, so a lot of work was done twice in parallel.

The result is that Kodi 19 features a lot of add-ons for the German market (including 3sat) with me as the author. Due to time constraints I'm not able to port them back to 18, which itself is almost end of life. You might find working versions in his repository, but I can't comment on that - YMMV.

I would like to encourage you to test the nightly builds of Kodi 19, which is almost at its alpha stage (and pretty stable in general). I'd like to get some feedback for my various add-ons.
(2020-07-23, 21:04)sarbes Wrote: I would like to encourage you to test the nightly builds of Kodi 19, which is almost at its alpha stage (and pretty stable in general). I'd like to get some feedback for my various add-ons.
Hello sarbes, thank you for your answer! I'm happy to test Kodi 19 AND your various add-ons. I will start in the next time and of course I can support you by giving feedback!

Due to legal regulations in Austria I'm forced to pay a fee to the public television organisation (ORF/GIS) even I am not able to use it! (yes! I have to pay ORF without possibility to use it, only because I have a built-in tuner in my television)

In my case - I'm running a hotel - and during corona-missing-tourists, it is not acceptabe to pay for something no one can use it.

So, Kodi (on Rpi 4) with LibreElec and your (working) addons will be the next system in my hotel. (I will remove the tuner or buy monitor without tuner) Everything has to work and has to be legal. This is the reason why I'm very interested in a working system and I'm happy and willing to support you!
I don't know if my video add-ons would be suitable for your use case, as without having access to any documentation, they may break without notice. As I'm doing this in my spare time, I might not be able to react in s timely manner. This being said, the ZDF add-on API had no major changes over the last 18 months.

You can report issues to me (preferably) on Freenode #kodi, or via my general support thread (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353903).

If you wish to support me, consider donating to the Kodi Foundation (https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate) - but don't feel obligated, especially due to the ongoing pandemic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3sat Mediathek - HTTP Error 404: Not Found0