Plugin option not appearing?
Hi all,

I have recently completed a clean install of the latest T3CH build (2008-07-15) and wanted to re add all the plugins that I use to use a lot, but the option does not seem to be there.

When I go into Videos - Add source - Browse for new share, I used to get the option of Video Plugin where I could install the plugins I FTP'd to the box before hand. Now the only options I have are dvd drive, E,F,Q drives, Replay TV, and Video Playlists.

I am fairly new to the whole XBMC thing, and thought I had a fairly good knowledge of it, but this is confusing me.

Would really appriciate any help, as IMHO the plugins are one of the best features of XBMC (Although the whole package is awesome)

Thanks,

Hods
if it doesnt show up it means there's no installed plugins
double check that you have them in the correct place. they should be in <xbmc-root>\plugins\<type>\<plugin-name>, (where <type> is the media type, ie, video)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have the same problem, the option was there before now its gone. Ive reinstalled three times and still not option to get to plugins

I do have the Launcher plugin in the plugins\programs\Launcher path

it was working before

what could it be?
Ok, I just noticed something.

I went back to 14125 that I downloaded and did a fresh install and noticed that when installing I have the option to do a full install, and plugins is one of the checkmarks.

When I ran the one I built myself I dont have plugins or scripts as an option.

Could this be the source of the problem? If so how to I build mine so that I have the plugins and script options (I used the VC++ 2008 Express instructions from the Wiki)
I had this problem and realized I didn't have my plugins in the correct folders. They were all just in the plugins folder, not in sub folders of Programs, Pictures, Music, Video.
ok, I found how to load the Programs plugins, they need to be in the folder called "programs" which was not created automatically by the build I installed... and when I went to add a source in the xb360 skin the "Add Programs plugin" was hidden... so now I see the launcherand it seems to run, but it does something different depending where I place it (I first ran it from the plugins\video" folder as a test) anway, when I run it from the Video folder I get a stack option on the left side and some kind of darker rectangle at the bottom... but nothing to interact with... where is that .xml file you guys were talking about earlier supposed to be? (don't see anything new is userdata)

I think I'm close to getting the programs list this launcher is all about!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plugin option not appearing?0