audio too low
I wonder if there is some way to increase the volume.  I have it turned all the way up in my system setup.  As far as I can tell there is no general audio settings in kodi audio settings.  I can increase it a bit by running the audio amplification up.  If I do that by about 30% the background noise tends to drown out speech.  This, is, I think a Kodi thing as I have no problems otherwise. 

I was wondering if there is some way to get kodi to give me more volume. 

My log is at: https://paste.kodi.tv/wizewusuzi.kodi
kodi audio setting: built in digital surround 5.1 (hdmi) hdmi / display port (pulse audio)

thank you...................
Processor:                     AMD FX(tn)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory:                        15307MB (4282MB used)
Operating System:        Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
(2020-02-25, 02:15)jwhitt12 Wrote: I have it turned all the way up in my system setup.  As far as I can tell there is no general audio settings in kodi audio settings.

General audio settings can be found in Settings / System / Audio. Set the GUI menu level to Advanced or Expert to access all menu items.
Kodi's own basic volume can be set via the - and = buttons. Also make sure that Ubuntu's volume is set to the correct device.
(2020-02-25, 02:26)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-02-25, 02:15)jwhitt12 Wrote: I have it turned all the way up in my system setup.  As far as I can tell there is no general audio settings in kodi audio settings.

General audio settings can be found in Settings / System / Audio. Set the GUI menu level to Advanced or Expert to access all menu items.
Kodi's own basic volume can be set via the - and = buttons. Also make sure that Ubuntu's volume is set to the correct device. 
Thank you for the reply.....

I just found another setting in my system setup.  The settings were Output Input Sound Effects and Application.  I clicked on "application" and it told me that there was no application so no setting was possible.  So, I started playing a show and then I found a slider, which was set to approximately 2/3 up on the slider.  I reset that one to all the way.  It didn't make any difference in the normal sound.  I will mess with this if I find I have a problem.  Everything else is as it should be.
Processor:                     AMD FX(tn)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory:                        15307MB (4282MB used)
Operating System:        Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Post pactl list sinks and pactl list sink-inputs while kodi is playing music, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio too low0