SwarmPlayer BitTorrent Streaming Player (and plugins for it)?
spiff Wrote:imo p2p is ay-oh-kay - it's just another protocol/vfs entry.
Very true. We cooperate the public broadcaster in Europe and CreativeCommons people, so there is a large array of properly licensed content available through our Bittorrent protocol + video-on-demand extensions.

If I invest some developer effort from our side into collaboration & Beta Version, how many people would 1) try this code and 2) give us feedback? Is there already some Bittorrent plug-in available in XBMC?
-j
we have a large, active community here which is always thirsty for more content. i'm sure you would have tons of feedback. if you are looking for an official collaboration, i suggest you shoot a mail to [email]contact spambotprotection xbmc.org[/email] - theuni (cory) is the guy handling such things. that would force the issue of us drawing up our guideline on this as well Smile

there's currently no bittorrent code, so choosing a suitable (cross platform!) library, preferably one with an active upstream, would be the first thing on your agenda.
This sounds like a very promising and excellent idea. Good luck.
1 Original XBOX XBMC with every game under the sun
3 Raspberry Pi's w/ Openelec Kodi shared MySQL db
1 Win7 Kodi hosting shared MySQL and media
1 Mythbuntu backend v.27 and HD Homerun Prime 3 tuners
A while back I had thought how cool it would be if TIVO let you share your recorded programs with friends via p2p. You could browse & view your friend's private library and vice versa.

I know YouTube (or the downstream) can't keep up with demand during peak hours, so having other personal computers serve pieces of the requested content would be a great idea. You could also get paid in the process for sharing your bandwidth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SwarmPlayer BitTorrent Streaming Player (and plugins for it)?1